Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Wizard

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it yet?

I'd like to attach it to another copter and try Follow Me to see how it works in the air. Sounds like fun anyway.

Reactions: Eduardo Arevalo
Ok, surely someone has used it. It is a main reason I bought the pre-order version, but didn't get a chance to play with it. I'm hoping to have my H back by end of this week.

RC Tanks, I've seen some of your videos of the tanks, being a WW2 buff they really are cool. Love those Tigers.

OT, but this is a great video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharpe
I have played with the wizard. Pretty kewl, you can leave the ST-16 at home and fly just with the wizard.
Flip it to SMART mode and the H will just follow along. You will not have access to the camera controls without the ST-16 in team mode.
Just wish they had at least programmed a low battery warning into it. But I sure had fun playing with it.
It appears to have the sensitivity set about the middle of Turtle and Rabbit modes.
Plan ahead if flying with JUST the wizard.

I have played with the wizard. Pretty kewl, you can leave the ST-16 at home and fly just with the wizard.
Flip it to SMART mode and the H will just follow along. You will not have access to the camera controls without the ST-16 in team mode.
Just wish they had at least programmed a low battery warning into it. But I sure had fun playing with it.
It appears to have the sensitivity set about the middle of Turtle and Rabbit modes.
Plan ahead if flying with JUST the wizard.

How do you land with the Wizard?

Someone was going to report back if it adjusted for altitude changed while following.
All indications so far it will not.

Someone was going to report back if it adjusted for altitude changed while following.
All indications so far it will not.
All indications point to yes it will. I havent used the wizard yet but Drone Gear posted a video saying that it will due to the pressure sensors it comes with. Video is on Yuneec's YT channel. I could be wrong but i do not think the phantoms can do this.

Ok, surely someone has used it. It is a main reason I bought the pre-order version, but didn't get a chance to play with it. I'm hoping to have my H back by end of this week.

RC Tanks, I've seen some of your videos of the tanks, being a WW2 buff they really are cool. Love those Tigers.

OT, but this is a great video.

Thanks mate! Muchly appreciated :)

Yeah got to love the German tanks. What am I saying, any WW2 tank i love, haha

Two options,
1) Hold the down button till it lands and goes to idle.
2) Use the RTH function and let it land by it's self.

Press the RED button ONLY after the motors are at idle.

Last edited:
I would like a mode where the wizard is used as just a GPS locator (follow me, watch me) but control is still possible with the ST16.

I, like others, want to film other rc vehicles by putting the wizard on them and setting them off. But what happens if you need to adjust the position of the H? You have just sent the only method of controlling your craft off with the other rc vehicle.

Reactions: jmkreege
sorry to confuse anybody....lol.......I am going to play with the wizard today while trying to ride a skateboard. I am just going to use the wizard no st 16...

I would like a mode where the wizard is used as just a GPS locator (follow me, watch me) but control is still possible with the ST16.

I, like others, want to film other rc vehicles by putting the wizard on them and setting them off. But what happens if you need to adjust the position of the H? You have just sent the only method of controlling your craft off with the other rc vehicle.
No ! You would still have the ST16 to control the H if the Wizard was on another RC as a tracker, Am I missing something ? Are they not bound together? Good question !:confused:

You CAN fly with JUST the wizard.
You will NOT have any control over the camera.
You need the ST-16 in TEAM MODE if you want to control the camera.
You can use the ST-16 to start the video recording, set the gimbal the way you want, and just leave it behind.
CAUTION: Flying with just the wizard, you will have NO low battery warning other than the lights on the H.
Make sure to watch your flight time carefully.

You CAN fly with JUST the wizard.
You will NOT have any control over the camera.
You need the ST-16 in TEAM MODE if you want to control the camera.
You can use the ST-16 to start the video recording, set the gimbal the way you want, and just leave it behind.
CAUTION: Flying with just the wizard, you will have NO low battery warning other than the lights on the H.
Make sure to watch your flight time carefully.
Bob, does the Wizard not vibrate when low battery? Thought I read that somewhere? Thanks!

I am not sure if it does or not.
I set the timer on my watch for 10 minutes. Did not want to push my luck.
Have to try on a run down battery, leave it ground idle and see what it does. Won't be able to try till this weekend.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval