Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

Does this old house count?
View attachment 15412
Looks to be in the same sort of condition as the dwelling in my picture a few months ago before they started the renovation work. However, your picture shows a road passing within a few yards so isn't quite as isolated as the dwelling in my picture...and with those telegraph poles at the side of that road suggests that it could be connected to telecommunication services at the very least so, unfortunately, is probably not 'Off Grid' at least in that respect.

However, that is not to say that the dwelling is connected so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and allow it.

Tag, You're it.

Looks to be in the same sort of condition as the dwelling in my picture a few months ago before they started the renovation work. However, your picture shows a road passing within a few yards so isn't quite as isolated as the dwelling in my picture...and with those telegraph poles at the side of that road suggests that it could be connected to telecommunication services at the very least so, unfortunately, is probably not 'Off Grid' at least in that respect.

However, that is not to say that the dwelling is connected so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and allow it.

Tag, You're it.
I'll wait to see if someone else comes up with something better. It is close to the road and there is power to it but not on. House is abandoned.

I'll wait to see if someone else comes up with something better. It is close to the road and there is power to it but not on. House is abandoned.
Ahh. If there is mains power to it then it isn't off grid. In that case I'll say that my challenge still stands. Thanks for your honesty. Nice picture though :)

How about a evening shot of a sports complex
View attachment 15293

Oh come on!!! A 21mb image post?

Those of us trying to follow you all by phone, let alone on very slow links, appreciate the “less than 1mb” courtesy. They ain’t looking much different on the web!!!

Sorry, @AH-1G... don’t mean to single out your efforts. You were simply holding the biggest straw when I checked this thread today.

[emoji33]

Jeff

Reactions: AH-1G

Those of us trying to follow you all by phone, let alone on very slow links, appreciate the “less than 1mb” courtesy. They ain’t looking much different on the web!!!

Sorry, @AH-1G... don’t mean to single out your efforts. You were simply holding the biggest straw when I checked this thread today.

[emoji33]

Jeff
In fairness to @AH-1G , His image took only a second or so to appear on my TV but then I do have hyper fast broadband so I don't have any issues regarding large files. That said, I don't use my 'phone for coming on to these forums but I can imagine that a large file could be an issue if I were to use my 'phone. So, now that you have pointed it out I, for one, will be more mindful about file sizes in future. For example, the last picture I uploaded in this thread was around 9mb. Not as bad as AH-1G's image but still well up there.

I will do the same going forward. What do you consider an acceptable upper limit Jeff?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

[emoji33]

Jeff
ops I did forget to change to 1920x1080
it's now 848MB

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I will do the same going forward. What do you consider an acceptable upper limit Jeff?

Not trying to rain on anyone’s party. Really, I’m not.

And it’s not just the phone issue. Some of us still have just a little better than dial up, even today. My cell throughput is actually faster. Of course, it doesn’t take long to burn through one’s monthly quota.

I’ve posted 800x600 jpg with a file size of 256k or so and they look just fine. That’s on a large screen, in case anyone is wondering.

Now if someone were to want to print a poster of one of these captures you guys are posting, well... more is better.

For more in-depth discussion, and a cure for insomnia, check out the article below about the background and myths regarding image resolution and screen viewing. It also goes into printing and stuff. I actually learn a little bit. Hate to admit it tho!

And seriously, don’t worry about me (I know you all are not losing sleep.) We have been promised 10mbs by the end of 2018. Oh wait, “dependent on weather conditions”. Yes, I said 2018!

Thanks for “listening”. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Jeff

[emoji256]

P.S. did I mention I love following this thread? Just haven’t had much opportunity to contribute.

Last edited:

And it’s not just the phone issue. Some of us still have just a little better than dial up, even today. My cell throughput is actually faster. Of course, it doesn’t take long to burn through one’s monthly quota.

I’ve posted 800x600 jpg with a file size of 256k or so and they look just fine. That’s on a large screen, in case anyone is wondering.

Now if someone were to want to print a poster of one of these captures you guys are posting, well... more is better.

For more in-depth discussion, and a cure for insomnia, check out the article below about the background and myths regarding image resolution and screen viewing. It also goes into printing and stuff. I actually learn a little bit. Hate to admit it tho!

And seriously, don’t worry about me (I know you all are not losing sleep.) We have been promised 10mbs by the end of 2018. Oh wait, “dependent on weather conditions”. Yes, I said 2018!

Jeff

[emoji256]

P.S. did I mention I love following this thread? Just haven’t had much opportunity to contribute.
i am surprised the forum dose not have an image size limit set up as large images take up room on the server ( i am guilty of uploading large images )

Jeff

[emoji256]

If posted pics are to small I can't zoom in to see more detail.

Oh man, cool place! Tucked away in the mountains? I’d love to have a hideaway like that.

Welcome aboard too!

Oh man, cool place! Tucked away in the mountains? I’d love to have a hideaway like that.

Welcome aboard too!
Lol...maybe tucked away in the hills...nowhere near any mountains but we wish. It is my in-laws getaway. Totally off grid. It was a hunting cabin that lay abandoned for 40 years before they got it 7 years ago and totally transformed it

@FlushVision, I think i would like to join this...sounds like fun. Plus i can get that pic easily enough. Does this work?View attachment 15476
Yep. That'll do. You'r it.

Sorry about my delay in responding. I been very busy this last couple of days. I've been producing a video for a news media company using some archive footage and also doing some filming for an environmental group taking pictures of some markings on some moorland (I'd like to call them 'crop marks' but the markings were in clumps of heather).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio