Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Third party batteries

If you mistreat the biggest and most expensive battery it will not serve you well or for long. Johnno Hennessy.

Hueman,
If you get a warranty then yes, I do t know the warranty on Ultrax. In Oz you are very happy to get any sort of battery, and they are expensive. That's what you get from having a small population,but you also get more places to fly because of less people. I have read here some where about making sure you get a warranty and most times that comes with a big company. Looking after them is very important , especially chargeing ,storage mode and voltage. I presume that you know about these requirements so as to maintain optimum performance. If you say no then I suggest you read some very important threads on this subject in this forum. JohnnoHennessy.

Yes, I've just been reading a lot about it, I was shocked to begin with but am gaining confidence ;)

I see that you have just joined recently, there is alot to learn but it is very interesting and terrific when you have such a knowledgeable forum as the members in this forum. These are a terrific machine and like anything you only get out of it what you put in to it. If you like flying these machines it is great learning. So happy reading g and even happier flying and welcome if you not already been welcomed. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: hueman
i would go with the original that i posted before very good price and if you search on the threads on here somebody was saying they are actually 6500

Hi all, I'm looking at some batteries on ebay, i came across GIFIPOWER™ 8050mAh 4S 14.8v Lipo Battery for Yuneec Typhoon and am wondering what people know or think of these?
8050mAh at £73 - they certainly have my attention. But as always, maybe theres a flaw.
Cheers.
Hi, here's my thread and I am very satisfied. I now have five of them and approx. 35-45 flights on each battery. Still 2-3 minutes more air-time than the orignal Yuneec.
GiFi 8050mA flight time

Hi, here's my thread and I am very satisfied. I now have five of them and approx. 35-45 flights on each battery. Still 2-3 minutes more air-time than the orignal Yuneec.
GiFi 8050mA flight time
Is there any intelligence built into the battery like DSLR batteries, that could tell if a Non OEM battery was fitted? In case of a warranty claim?

Is there any intelligence built into the battery like DSLR batteries, that could tell if a Non OEM battery was fitted? In case of a warranty claim?

No... a battery is a battery. The "dumb" batteries used on the TH rely, on pilot intelligence... o_O The UltraX have the same performance as the OEM, at a lower price... I received two OEMs with the bird and purchased a third. After those got puffed, due to my early lackadaisical approach to battery care, I always purchased the UltraX replacements, without issue, as long as I cared for them properly.

Reactions: hueman
No... a battery is a battery. The "dumb" batteries used on the TH rely, on pilot intellegence... o_O The UltraX have the same performance as the OEM, at a lower price... I received two OEMs with the bird and purchased a third. After those got puffed, due to my early lackadaisical approach to battery care, I alway purchased the UltraX replacements, without issue, as long as I cared for them properly.
Wow, thought they would of gone done the DSLR intelligent route, certainly some Nikon cameras at least with every firmware upgrade it would make third party items like batteries and lens incompatible or at least features disabled, it is a constant battle for the third party to keep rechipping their items.

Only three things in telemetry will indicate someone used a non OEM battery. Voltage higher than 16.6v-16.7V, flight times exceeding 15-18 minutes, and less than “normal” voltage drop over normal flight times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02