Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Been looking at getting building a racer FPV drone and wondering if I can program the ST16 as a universal transmitter? I know it has advanced channel settings... Can it communicate a third-party flight controller?

For me, any mid to upper level JR, Futaba, Airtronics, or Spectrum 8-10 channel transmitter would suit you fine for years to come.

Actually I think it could work out. The receivers used by Yuneec are using a ordinary sum signal. Also they are not directly mounted on the mainboard but externel like the spektrum sattelites. It should be no problem connecting them to another flight controller. Furthermore you can already change a lot of the controls of the ST16 which schould allow you to control other models as well.

Sadly this is only theoretical and will need to a lot of work and knowledge in order to become true.

Moreover the ST16 is not a good transmitter for FPV racing drones. At the moment the "Taranis" transmitters are very popular since they offer a lot of functions for a good price while having a good quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval