Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

third party charging lead for yuneec typhoon h3

I am still leery of that figure of 4.4 volts per cell. They are supposedly using LiHV battery chemistry which would stop at 4.35 volts/cell. I’m wondering if they are just rounding up to the nearest tenth.

This is why I have been trying to get in touch with Yuneec USA. Living with inconclusive information from the Yuneec websites (worldwide, not just the US) is frustrating. We don’t want people spending money on things they don’t need to or that won’t work with their system.
I'm going to charge up one of my 4S car packs tonight and see what the HV setting says. I sure wish I could try one of them in a drone. They're 120c so it would haul a**. It would probably just catch on fire and explode.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
got the third party charger in and set it up for LiHV 4.4 PER cell, capacity set to what on the battery, charging amps reduced to 4.5 amp rate from 6 amps that the charger was at when I set the capacity. Well now I can check the IR on the h480 packs I have

Reactions: Mike Irish
storage was set to 3100 mha 3 amps, balance charge set to 6200 4.5 amps 4.4 volts, discharge set to cutoff at 3.5v per cell .1amp
These were defaults per the charger? I have never had to set a specific mAh because it normally determined by the charger from cell voltage cutoff. From what we have seen depending on how the charger negotiates between the two settings it can over/undercharge individual cells and defeat the purpose of balancing.

just powered h520e up battery pram capacity is set 6500mha on the controller by default. also testing the new dy5 charger with one of the h520e batteries to see where the final voltage ends at per cell. I am also placing the battery used to power up the h520e back in storage.

Reactions: chascoadmin
dy5 will under charge the h520e battery 4.35 volts is where the charger cuts off at. this is correct for the h3 battery but not for the h520e.
Are we sure they didn't round the voltage? 4.35v is pretty standard for an HV 4S. I looked at the default settings for my secondary charger and while it also has the ability to do 4.4v it threw a safety notification as the iCharger did. As long a the mAh is achieved a 0.05v decrease is of little concern.

I'm not persuaded that the battery is 4.4v per cell. The H3/H520e batteries are listed as the same. I have not seen any mention of the battery chemistry for LiHV batteries in the marketplace changing from 4.35v to 4.4v. I still believe this is just a rounding function of someone using one decimal place rather than two. It's common when a novice tech writer creates an ad.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I'm not persuaded that the battery is 4.4v per cell. The H3/H520e batteries are listed as the same. I have not seen any mention of the battery chemistry for LiHV batteries in the marketplace changing from 4.35v to 4.4v. I still believe this is just a rounding function of someone using one decimal place rather than two. It's common when a novice tech writer creates an ad.
They had to take off a place to stay under the word count... ?

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval