Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

This was odd.. Upside down video.

Reaction score
I was out flying my H yesterday, and on my first flight I noticed the video feed from the H was upside down on the ST16, This lasted for about 10 min, I brought it in to land and it straightened out, Thought it was odd and just wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

Art

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
And the recorded video? Did you have video recording running? Is there the same effect?
My first idea was that Android has switched on automatic screen rotating. But in this case the telemetry and camera controls should also flipped. Was that the case or only video affected.

br HE

And the recorded video? Did you have video recording running? Is there the same effect?
My first idea was that Android has switched on automatic screen rotating. But in this case the telemetry and camera controls should also flipped. Was that the case or only video affected.

br HE
Only the Video, The H flew as normal.

With no information we can't help.

No the recording was normal, I wonder if the 4HAWKS RAPTOR antenna system I have on the ST16 may be the cause?

Last edited:
Were the various telemetry items, (voltage, altitude, etc.) also flipped (or rotated)? T
Just the video display. It corrected itself just before I landed, that's why I was thinking maybe the 4Hawks might be the problem,

Just the video display. It corrected itself just before I landed, that's why I was thinking maybe the 4Hawks might be the problem,
I have no clue about any connection with the 4Hawks. Someone that knows more about antennas might be able to comment on that.

Have you done any recent firmware updates or loaded any non-Yuneec APPS?
Any modifications other than the 4Hawks?

Antenna is belongs to physical layer in OSI model. How the video is displayed belongs to application layer.
There is a lot of technology in between (WiFi protocol, TCP/IP, RTSP and the VLC core to display the video). On top of this the Android OS will control the driver for the display. But this we can exclude because the telemetry was not affected. Remains the VLC player that is used in ST16. I have no idea what makes it to flip the video output.
The H264 encoder or buffer management in VLC or something like that. All speculations...

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
Someone that knows more about antennas might be able to comment on that.
Antennas are my area of expertise and there is no reason -or way- the 4Hawks had anything to do with inverting the image. Image orientation is not a function of the antennas or the RF signal they receive.

I have no clue about any connection with the 4Hawks. Someone that knows more about antennas might be able to comment on that.

Have you done any recent firmware updates or loaded any non-Yuneec APPS?
Any modifications other than the 4Hawks?
nope, Haven't updated the Firmware since YuneecUS went out of business,

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220516_133613.jpg
    thumbnail_20220516_133613.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
It was a practical exam for seeing if a new §107 pilot could handle inflight anomalies. 🤭

I’m pretty sure @h-elsner is on the right track with the bare bones VLC video handler getting confused. Definitely an odd one. Was the video on the SD card inverted also?

• Haha
Reactions: h-elsner and ArtCox
It was a practical exam for seeing if a new §107 pilot could handle inflight anomalies. 🤭

I’m pretty sure @h-elsner is on the right track with the bare bones VLC video handler getting confused. Definitely an odd one. Was the video on the SD card inverted also?
No, the video was fine. Took it up this afternoon and it was all good.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have seen many odd glitches on the controller over the years and it's nearly always corrected by rebooting the controller. I put this glitch in that category. Temporary controller insanity.

Reactions: ArtCox and h-elsner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz