Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time for reacall typhoon H?

Reaction score
And again new little adjustments voor the typhoon h. Look at the antenna and little Blocks on the landinggear. Did 't the tested it before the bring it on the market. I think it' 's reacall time for yuneec like the do with cars that have problems. It's 2 months but i got a already old H.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1470119852396.jpg
    FB_IMG_1470119852396.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 183
Yes, if you Yuneec would do that, it would be great. Hope they will listen to the request.

And we wait. I hope we don't have the same problems Yuneec Europe is having.

Hey Dragon. What do you mean by that? I sent my TH back to Yuneec Europe for "repair" four weeks ago and have heard nothing back from them as of yet. Is that what you mean?:(

On a side note, when and IF I ever get my vehicle back it better be crapping Tiffiny cuff links or it will immediately go up for sale on EBay.:mad:

I have an EU version, and have no problems, well had some but solved them with installing the A version of firmware :)

Auto "recalls" are for when a manufacture defect may result in loss of life or serious injury. Not performance defects. Those are usually "service bulletins" and are not government mandated items to be fixed. Auto manufacturing is regulated and monitored by "government agencies", Consumer drones are not... Just saying..

I'm not saying just lay down and accept things if you aren't happy with them. Definitely speak up and try to get things changed.

And again new little adjustments voor the typhoon h. Look at the antenna and little Blocks on the landinggear. Did 't the tested it before the bring it on the market. I think it' 's reacall time for yuneec like the do with cars that have problems. It's 2 months but i got a already old H.

I'm hearing a lot of complaining but no details. What little blocks on the landing gear? Is that the only issue and you want a total recall?

I'm hearing a lot of complaining but no details. What little blocks on the landing gear? Is that the only issue and you want a total recall?
Look at the antenna ;) Why did't the replacr that because the connection whas so great.

I've had absolutely no problems what so ever. Totally love my h. No crashes or near misses. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones

I own three and I've had no problems endemic to something you pay $1299 for. I still can't understand why people involved with this industry complain so much. First of all there has been no shakeout, there are many players and Yuneec has done a good job (in the USA) of providing good technical support which I've used several times including timely repairs. No one was holding a gun to anyone's head to buy the first H in fact many were complaining they weren't releasing it fast enough. Then when they quickly follow up with an improved product people complain about that. Would you rather they slow down their development cycle in this rapidly growing industry so your purchase maintains its value a little longer or have development on a par with other competitors? Saying they should recall their product is absurd. This is not the sort of product to buy or activity to be involved in if you can't take rapid change. I've dealt with many manufacturers in this industry and Yuneec has been by far the most responsive to customer needs I've ever dealt with.

So you want a recall for the little blocks on the landing gear? Is the gear breaking all the time? And the antenna mounting block on the Pro? Is range an issue with the older releases? I heard many people talk about going out 3000 ft and more with the stock antennas. How far do you really need to go? I never go out 3000 ft and cannot see why you need to. So I still do not understand the recall comment. If motors, ESC's or the FC were failing all the time then yes I would understand but because they made some minor changes?
Sorry I'm not understanding but I have seen this with many things when you buy the first release right out the gate.

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
So you want a recall for the little blocks on the landing gear? Is the gear breaking all the time? And the antenna mounting block on the Pro? Is range an issue with the older releases? I heard many people talk about going out 3000 ft and more with the stock antennas. How far do you really need to go? I never go out 3000 ft and cannot see why you need to. So I still do not understand the recall comment. If motors, ESC's or the FC were failing all the time then yes I would understand but because they made some minor changes?
Sorry I'm not understanding but I have seen this with many things when you buy the first release right out the gate.
I agree Brandon and with regard to distance I used stock antennas in Iceland and never had any issues. This brings up another point, hopefully those who are complaining about distance and their antennas recognize that where you're flying dictates what kind of distance you're gong to get. I see many of you fly in suburban environments (something I try to never do) this of course means your reception will drop since there are so many sources of interference as opposed to places like Iceland where there are virtually none...thus "your mileage may vary". I was given a long range antenna to try out and I noticed virtually no difference. As a videographer and photographer and as someone who complies with FAA guidelines I always fly LOS (line of sight) anyway because I shoot more complicated shots with less chance for error and an ability to correct for malfunction or pilot error by standing closer to the craft.

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
Had a few issues with mine most notably 1x engine failed 2days in but that was resolved ASAP and I notice my camera appears blurry around the edges, yuneec have asked me. To send it back, but I'm not so keen, from other posts I believe a wee turn on the lens may resolve it, , all in all I'm loving it, totally bad *** the Knight rider of the sky and I can map on it and do photogrammetry which I was told it wouldn't do, I reckon another 12months down the line it'll be all singing and dancing [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Buy a cell phone, tablet, or computer and technology surpassed the product before it left the store. That's just the way it is today. We need to get used to the fact that when we buy something popular enough to be upgraded what we have will be the old design withing days of obtaining it. We need to individually decide what we need or must have, and consider that minor changes in later design probably won't have all that much impact on the performance of what we previously obtained. What do we really need to fly and shoot good imagery? Way points? Not really. Maps? Again, not really, especially if we fly line of sight. We really don't need a map to tell us our copter is still within visual range.

In the meantime we have retractable gear and an absolutely wonderful 360* gimbal. Two very good flight modes with an option to fly really fast if desired, and programmed features that make shooting imagery quite easy to accomplish flying a very stable copter than can fly with a motor down should such an undesirable event occur. The obstacle avoidance features will likely be of more use to people that just want to test it out more than use it in normal flight operations. Not too many like to fly so close to things that defensive measures are necessary to prevent an accident, although Mickeyboo likes to fly in ice caves;) Others may find, as I have, that obstacle avoidance can prevent getting a shot in tight quarters by keeping the copter away from where you need to shoot.

Ultimately, we've got a real good tool in our hands that requires a bit of time to learn and get used too. How much new stuff do we need to throw on top of that to confuse us even more?:) I'm focused with learning all I can about the one I have while providing feedback for later improvements that might be handled in firmware as much as possible. Enjoy this great creation for it does so many things in a small package we would spend 6 times more to build for ourselves.

Well said, Pat.
Those of us who learn to enjoy life in all its ups and downs know that chasing the latest tech or greatest excitement does not result in a more satisfying existence. The things some gripe about may change, but gripers never change. Viva la Typhoon H... :cool:

Reactions: Tomster69

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval