Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time to get serious about video editing

Reaction score
I'm growing bored of posting un-edited videos to Youtube. I've only used Microsoft Movie but I'm ready to start making better looking videos.

Please provide any hints, tips and suggestions you may have.

Are there any decent free trial video editing programs available that we can try before we buy?

Reactions: G W Pickle
I'm growing bored of posting un-edited videos to Youtube. I've only used Microsoft Movie but I'm ready to start making better looking videos.

Please provide any hints, tips and suggestions you may have.

Are there any decent free trial video editing programs available that we can try before we buy?
Not a free suggestion but Adobe has the monthly subscription account you can set up and use very powerful editing software like Lightroom for both the pics and Vids. I think it's like 23 bucks a month. I feel it's worth it. But that's just me

I didn't think Lightroom could edit video files, it can organise and provide some very basic functions. Its ideal for organisation and is obviously good for still image editing. In additio once you start to add Adobe Premeire to their subscription it increases considerably.

I'm a Mac user so use Final Cut Pro X although thinking of switching back to Premeire.

Davinci Resolve is a good product as offers a free version which is worth looking at.

I edit and upload my vids from an application on my phone. I'm not very good at editing etc so this app will do most of it for you. Here is just an example of my first one I used with the app. Not too shabby

I use Adobe Premier Pro CC but if you aren't familiar with video editing than this software can look a bit overwhelming to say the least. On a positive note, it's not nearly as complicated as it seems to put a clip together with it. Tons of great youtube tutorial vids. :)

Reactions: RBC and Dezzzy.D
A very simple to use piece of software is "Wondershare Video Converter". Does an outstanding job down scaling 4KUHD to a number of sizes and formats. To be quite honest I use it often before dropping clips in Premier Pro as the end result seems smoother.

I use Adobe Premier Pro CC but if you aren't familiar with video editing than this software can look a bit overwhelming to say the least. On a positive note, it's not nearly as complicated as it seems to put a clip together with it. Tons of great youtube tutorial vids. :)
That's what I am using. It does have an initial steep learning curve but the YouTube Tutorials really help a lot.

Has anyone used the video editing app that comes with the H? I've tried to use it but have not figured out how to upload video to the app. I have my clips on the micro sd card and place it in the ST16. But for some reason the app does not see the clips on the micro sd card.

That's what I am using. It does have an initial steep learning curve but the YouTube Tutorials really help a lot.
Yeah the program will do virtually anything from beginner to broadcast production. If you master it you can really make a video that everyone will be in awe of. Providing of course you have good quality video footage to work with, LOL! ;)

Has anyone used the video editing app that comes with the H? I've tried to use it but have not figured out how to upload video to the app. I have my clips on the micro sd card and place it in the ST16. But for some reason the app does not see the clips on the micro sd card.
I have tinkered with it but it's not worth much in my book. Difficult to maneuver thorough the few features it has, which is mostly trimming. Not sure why your not seeing your files though.

If you are running a MAC then there's one really good option that I use. Apple Motion 5. It's cheap at $50 and has a lot of cool templates - effects, you name it. It has great online support, tutorials and it handles 4K very easily. Did I mention easy to use...

I just can't justify spending several hundreds of dollars for video editing, and definitely don't want yet another monthly bill. There has to be software out there that won't break the bank but give good results.

A little off topic but , has anyone imported files to Windows GoPro software? My phantom files import easily but the software does not "see" my H files!

Any editing program is fine. The trick in editing is to match music (where possible) and have many scenes and slow sweeping movements (no jerky up or down or sideways shots). But, besides that... the most important thing is to have at least 60% of the finish production already in your mind before you begin filming. Here are two examples I did recently. One is of of a motorcycle ride where I had to capture 2000 motorcycles and place it into a 4 min video. The only way to do it was with 2 ground cameras and one drone camera. The other short movie is just a movie of my city in the morning... what makes it interesting is that I edited different drone perspectives together in quick secession.

Both were edited in iMovie which is the most basic of movie editing programs.

You have to reformat your sdcard to fat32

I edit and upload my vids from an application on my phone. I'm not very good at editing etc so this app will do most of it for you. Here is just an example of my first one I used with the app. Not too shabby
Just curious... was this flight with stock or extended range antennas? If so, which brand? Thanks! Beautiful countryside!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval