Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tips for new Yuneec Owners

1. practise virtually: there is an App called 'QuadcopterFX Simulator' you can fly drones from first person perspective and the gimbal view. It helps a lot to get used of the controls and orientation. You can even simulate wind.
2. buy a test-drone: For 100$ you get the "QUADROCOPTER BLADE NANO QX RTF" a great agile little drone for practice (without camera). The controls will be the same as the quadcopters. You can crash into a wall and this drone will survive... it's meant to be. (byproduct: It's lots of fun flying this fast little thing)
3. Buy your camera drone (Phantom, Solo One,...) and practice

Reactions: su9861
hello
when you buying then
Cheaper doesn’t mean easier to fly – Often it’s actually the opposite which can make the decision difficult for a new pilot who wants a good experience at a low cost. More expensive drones often come with advanced options that a new pilot may not be ready to dive into, but they are also usually steadier in the air and more reliable.
Specs are not the most important thing – Sometimes you can compare specs on different drones and think that one is the better value, but specs are not the only or even the most important thing to consider for a new pilot. You must consider how approachable the drone is for a new pilot, how easy it is to handle in the air, and how reliable it is. None of these can be determined by looking at a spec sheet.
Talk to a dealer – Let your dealer know that you do not have experience and tell them what you are looking for and they can help you. At VH Drones, we would much prefer taking the time to e-mail or chat with you to help you get the right drone than send you something that may be a little harder to handle than what you were hoping for.

Thanks

hello
when you buying then
Cheaper doesn’t mean easier to fly – Often it’s actually the opposite which can make the decision difficult for a new pilot who wants a good experience at a low cost. More expensive drones often come with advanced options that a new pilot may not be ready to dive into, but they are also usually steadier in the air and more reliable.
Specs are not the most important thing – Sometimes you can compare specs on different drones and think that one is the better value, but specs are not the only or even the most important thing to consider for a new pilot. You must consider how approachable the drone is for a new pilot, how easy it is to handle in the air, and how reliable it is. None of these can be determined by looking at a spec sheet.
Talk to a dealer – Let your dealer know that you do not have experience and tell them what you are looking for and they can help you. At VH Drones, we would much prefer taking the time to e-mail or chat with you to help you get the right drone than send you something that may be a little harder to handle than what you were hoping for.

Thanks
Is that a little sales pitch in the last Paragraph?

Reactions: DTN
Is that a little sales pitch in the last Paragraph?

Content Marketing at it's finest.....give away some free info.....then deliver the pitch.....

There are Pre Flight check lists going around, that keep things in order & nearly guarantee a good flight
Use a notebook & write down key points YOU will forget when debriefing & next flight

Attachments

• preflight.txt
    575 bytes · Views: 11
On the days where it is too cold / un flyable ( is that a word? )
I practice on a simulator & try to be as realistic as possible. Building my routine. I also " dry " run my bird without pops indoors for a good 20 min to make sure GPS, motors, etc for any failure happens without a major crash & cycle the batteries. The more time I can actually spend with my bird the more familiar & able to spot a fault I may miss if I only flew once a month or so
Thanks for the tips...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop