Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To use or not to use, Typhoon H Realsense

Yes, there is a way to manually engage IPS on the H480. There is a secret sequence of switch flipping that will enter into IPS "Test" mode. There is a YouTube video that explains this, and it does work really great. However in order to switch back to GPS, the aircraft and (I think) controller needs to be rebooted.

Unfortunately that same switch sequence does not work on the H Plus (no surprise there!). As of now I still do not know how to turn on IPS Test mode on the H Plus.

I did see that Video.
He flew it outside the
and it was very stable.
Keith

Reactions: DCH
I did see that Video.
He flew it outside the
and it was very stable.
Keith

I looked for ( IPS ) for
The H+ - - I do not see anything either.
My Buddy has the H+
And says the function
Is on the main screen in settings.
I do not know
Keith

IMHO, IPS is the only valid reason to employ the RS module. Indoor flying can be pretty tough and having something that is position solid and slows down control response is a pretty big deal.

Reactions: DCH
Hi PatR and DoomMister, and of course all fellow members, a happy and safe flying new year.
As I stated before,I have only used the RS when engaging IPSWICH for inspection work.
I found that it flew very well, but slow, but inside a building that is all that is required. My job doing this was very draining and nerve racking, first time jitters ( yes more than likely) but you are constantly on tender hooks while using it. More experience will more than likely cut the nerves. But that is wherected the R S shines and now glad that I do have it for these jobs.
John Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

Reactions: DoomMeister
You most likely don't need
it. Sounds like you just
like building a drone and
Experimenting. I bet you
get one.
Keith
You are correct. I enjoy building, repairing, and flying all drones and airplanes. I love a good challenging problem.

Hi PatR and DoomMister, and of course all fellow members, a happy and safe flying new year.
As I stated before,I have only used the RS when engaging IPSWICH for inspection work.
I found that it flew very well, but slow, but inside a building that is all that is required. My job doing this was very draining and nerve racking, first time jitters ( yes more than likely) but you are constantly on tender hooks while using it. More experience will more than likely cut the nerves. But that is wherected the R S shines and now glad that I do have it for these jobs.
John Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .
I do some work with mine indoors. It's actually a private school's gym. I cover basketball games for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop