Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Toilet Bowl partial resolution

Reaction score
Guys after the firmware update i get unstable flight after as little as 30 secs of staying in the same position. Ive read all the posts and it seems no real solution exists tomsolve it aside from tne manufacture replacing the electronic controls.

The first time the toilet bowl occured i did the obvious thing which is attempt to stabilize through the controls in Angle flight mode. It spiraled and bringing it down without a crash was impossbile. It was a thick grassy bed so it flipped as the landjng gear touched but no damage.

I read several threads and although no one has solved it despite compass calibrations facing north and accelerometer calibations on a level surface someone did suggest turning off the gps while in flight.

I tried it and its a Lifesaver. If your drone is toilet bowling out of control and your runnjng the new firmware on the st 16. Deactivate the gps and flight will become stable enough to land. It will drift a little due to wind but much more landable than a crazy spiral.

Now for those who dont have warrenty do you think replacing the gps board will solve the issue.

I am curious if its a bad board or if its firmware related.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I had the same problem with my First "H". I sent it back for an exchange and the second one was fine. It is my understanding that Yuneec had a bad batch of GPS boards which is what is causing the "Toilet Bowl" issue and inability to land. I think most everyone here that had the problem got the GPS boards replaced at no charge.

If it seems stable when you turn off GPS then the IMU is good. That means the GPS module is faulty and needs to be replaced. Have you talked to Yuneec?

Reactions: Ana Rosa
Call or email Yuneec where you live, don't fly it until they tell you what they will do, they are very responsive and like others have said I'd be sure they will email you a shipping label and fix and return it to you at no charge.

Im not sure if I even have warrenty i got real cheap online for about half the cost of retail with no battery and camera that needed repair due to a crash landing.

The weird thing is it flew fine on the old firmware. I fly away from everthing and the toilet bowl is a very interesting phenomenom.

I would like to swap out the gps board if i can find someone that sells it individually before sending it it for a repair that i might have to pay.

What a shame its such a good copter. Flying with no gps is super fast!

Im not sure if I even have warrenty i got real cheap online for about half the cost of retail with no battery and camera that needed repair due to a crash landing.

The weird thing is it flew fine on the old firmware. I fly away from everthing and the toilet bowl is a very interesting phenomenom.

I would like to swap out the gps board if i can find someone that sells it individually before sending it it for a repair that i might have to pay.

What a shame its such a good copter. Flying with no gps is super fast!

Have you called Yuneec to see if they'd sell a replacement board to you ?
(Just a thought.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call Carolina Dronz at (864) 571-0468 and discuss the problem with them and find out if the GPS module is available. On the Typhoon H it may be built in to the main control board. Best to find out.

Last edited:
I would call Carolina Dronz at (864) 571-0468 and discuss the problem with them and find out if the GPS module is available. On the Typhoon H it may be built in to the main control board. Best to find out.

They have it with the top case for 60 bucks....no one sells it alone.

They have it with the top case for 60 bucks....no one sells it alone.
You might want to make sure that is the GPS module and not just the antenna. Sounds much to cheap for the module. You should call and talk to Frank to explain the issue and see if he thinks this will fix it.

Imo, I would do the following.
Contact original seller from on line and ask them for the original retailers name.
Then call Customer Service and register the drone with the serial number.
Then book in the GPS replacement .
Just my two cents.

Reactions: Goh and Ana Rosa
Imo, I would do the following.
Contact original seller from on line and ask them for the original retailers name.
Then call Customer Service and register the drone with the serial number.
Then book in the GPS replacement .
Just my two cents.

That sounds like the best solution, thanks

Hope all goes well.
You get the serial from booting up the H and looking in the ST16 I think.

Ana , you are not only very diplomatic, but adept at drone tech. How long have you been into this sort of thing?

Some updates:

I hooked up the H to the Typhoon GUI via the USB cable.

I noticed 2 things are wrong.

#1 the pitch is off by 2.0 despite multiple accelerometer calibrations on a level surface.

#2 the yaw upon close observation is constantly varying in the clockwise circle at a rate of about 1 degree per 2 secs. (Which makes sense why is would t bowl the air)

The thing is registering rotations when it's perfectly still!!!!!

Can anyone with the new firmware and typhoon GUI hook up their typhoon and observe the yaw and pitch on a level surface and report back the readings.

I am going to figure this out. That little gyro in the center is probably the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haydn
Some updates:

I hooked up the H to the Typhoon GUI via the USB cable.

I noticed 2 things are wrong.

#1 the pitch is off by 2.0 despite multiple accelerometer calibrations on a level surface.

#2 the yaw upon close observation is constantly varying in the clockwise circle at a rate of about 1 degree per 2 secs. (Which makes sense why is would t bowl the air)

The thing is registering rotations when it's perfectly still!!!!!

Can anyone with the new firmware and typhoon GUI hook up their typhoon and observe the yaw and pitch on a level surface and report back the readings.

I am going to figure this out. That little gyro in the center is probably the problem.

Here are a few pictures have try to get it as much as leveled. It is a new H with RealSense recieved it last week and as seen on video I posted some GPS problems

Arno

Attachments

• Schermopname (85).png
    Schermopname (85).png
    104.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermopname (86).png
    Schermopname (86).png
    104.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Schermopname (87).png
    Schermopname (87).png
    104 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01652.JPG
    DSC01652.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01654.JPG
    DSC01654.JPG
    532.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01655.JPG
    DSC01655.JPG
    736.5 KB · Views: 14
Here are a few pictures have try to get it as much as leveled. It is a new H with RealSense recieved it last week and as seen on video I posted some GPS problems

Arno

Well at least your yaw is stable while its sitting still. .2 is acceptable for pitch.

Does it toilet bowl?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval