Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hello,

montage.png

Do you have a feedback on the new Yuneec quick release fasteners for Tornado H920 & H920 Plus carbon propellers ?

It must be said that it is held by plastic !

According to some, there would have been losses of propellers on flight, and some crashes with.
Be careful, to hear the click of the central plastic button that rises after a quarter turn and holds the propeller ... without this click, there is a risk of losing the carbon propeller on ignition or on flight.
Some people recommend locking the 4 fastening screws with a blue Loctite threadlock to prevent screws from coming off with vibrations on flight.

P180296.jpg

LOCTITE 243 for exemple:
(Known as LOCTITE 243 Blue Threadlocker )

Your benefits:
  • Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
  • Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminum, plated surfaces)
  • Proven to tolerate minor contamination by industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
  • Permits disassembly with hand tools for servicing
More info:
http://na.henkel-adhesives.com/industrial/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797710024705

It's a pity also that Yuneec does not diffuse more information on:

• feedback on problems encountered with its drones and softwares, for pro operators, to improve the safety of use of its products in the form of mailing-list for example. All serious aircraft manufacturers do it for their products;
  • limit of use for parts at risk (motors, ESC ...)
  • routine maintenance.

First thing I did after receiving my 920+ was balance the props, which required removing the quick change adapters. I made mention of this in another thread, Thinking of Buying a 920. I strongly recommend anyone that has had a 920 conversion done or buys a 920+ check the screws on the quick change adapters on both the props and the motors. Buy a decent torque screwdriver and torque the screws to between 6in.lb and 10in.lb. While you're at it, check the landing gear screws too.

As for routine maintenance, if you treat your 920 like a manned airplane it's not very difficult to come up with an inspection and maintenance program. Since the 920, or any other multirotor, is not a certificated aircraft, you have the ability to develop inspection and maintenance programs that best suit your operation. You need but sit down and do it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval