Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Total power loss and crash - Total loss of Typhoon H

It's always good to know and understand the in's and outs of what you're flying.
Do I understand everything, no, but the basics should be locked and loaded!

It appears that the only thing other than the section that rises when the rear cover is lifted is a similarly shaped raised section at the other end of the battery above the electrical connections. I've seen a lot of posts regarding loss of power but don't recall seeing one suggesting that this, or what it mates with, could be compromised in some way. And yes, I am concerned about a sudden loss of power. There are far too many posts for me to be complacent about it.

I am concerned about a sudden loss of power. There are far too many posts for me to be complacent about it.
By an overwhelming percentage, the main cause is failing to lock the battery. The second cause is flying the H to a very low voltage. If the battery comes loose it will be evident when reading the telemetry file. The log suddenly stops at a point where there is still good voltage readings. Obviously, if the battery comes loose the recording will stop. The third leading cause is a bad battery which is evident by a dramatic voltage drop immediately after takeoff.
The least likely cause is an actual fault in the aircraft flight system. In fact, I'm don't remember ever seeing this happen with the H. Your best protection is using a preflight checklist on every flight, taking care of your batteries and paying attention to voltage while flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig