Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trouble after firmware update

Reaction score
I updated my Typhoon H software and my OBS avoid switch no longer works or doesn't respond if I turn the OBS avoid on. I can't back the drone up towards me it only goes forward and side to side. When I turn the OBS avoid off everything works. I think the new update doesn't work properly. It was fine before I updated it but now I have problems; any way to fix this problem or get the original software back onto the drone?

• Wow
Reactions: Mechanic
never ...update any firmware on any system that is working just fine. Most computer/electronics people will mention the same. Not that its never needed, but only when installing a new device to it such as a camera etc... and even then it may not be needed. As always look up the changes it will make to the already installed version. As what you use it (Drone) for may not be needed for your particular use, or in this case not function correctly. Remember that just because a new version is available does not mean it is a benefit for your intended use.
I'm curious why do the update in the first place. What was your reason for the update? .....and you said you updated the drone, which should not have a direct effect on the remote other than not working. which one did you put the update on?

never ...update any firmware on any system that is working just fine. Most computer/electronics people will mention the same. Not that its never needed, but only when installing a new device to it such as a camera etc... and even then it may not be needed. As always look up the changes it will make to the already installed version. As what you use it (Drone) for may not be needed for your particular use, or in this case not function correctly. Remember that just because a new version is available does not mean it is a benefit for your intended use.
I'm curious why do the update in the first place. What was your reason for the update? .....and you said you updated the drone, which should not have a direct effect on the remote other than not working. which one did you put the update on?

I updated the drone and radio control with the new update from Yuneec website. I did this because I thought it was needed..

What version of firmware were you on and what version did you update to?

For obstacle avoidance do you have RealSense or just the sonar?

If you have RealSense is it turned on in System Settings?

I updated my Typhoon H software and my OBS avoid switch no longer works or doesn't respond if I turn the OBS avoid on. I can't back the drone up towards me it only goes forward and side to side. When I turn the OBS avoid off everything works. I think the new update doesn't work properly. It was fine before I updated it but now I have problems; any way to fix this problem or get the original software back onto the drone?
From your description of the problem it has nothing to do with the update. OBS would not prevent the H from going backward. Either the right stick is not functioning properly or you are in Smart mode. Since the stick works with OBS off there must be another issue.

I updated my Typhoon H software and my OBS avoid switch no longer works or doesn't respond if I turn the OBS avoid on.
1.) Are saying the yellow OBS on/off indicator does not change state when you move the switch?
2.) Does the rear main LED change color when you move the OBS switch?
3.) How far away from the drone are you when it will not back up with OBS switch in the on position?

Reactions: DoomMeister
DJWillie,
We need you to do a test for us. There is a "final output" display available on your ST-16. You can bring it up by tapping two times quickly on the battery voltage display on your main screen. With that screen open, and the rate slider (rabbit/turtle slider) full up, Do these things.
1.) Put the OBS switch to "ON"
2.) Look at channel 3 (CHO3) on the final display.
3.) Move the right stick full up and down.
4.) Tell us how CH03 changes.

Then:
1.) Put the OBS switch to "OFF"

DJWillie,
We need you to do a test for us. There is a "final output" display available on your ST-16. You can bring it up by tapping two times quickly on the battery voltage display on your main screen. With that screen open, and the rate slider (rabbit/turtle slider) full up, Do these things.

Then:

I did as above with the drone off and on both. however, I got a message stating OBS. avoidance is not available. it gives the same message also when I fly the drone.

What is your altitude when you try to enable OBS?

Please refer to pages 23 and 24 in the attached manual.

Still waiting for a response to the question of what version of firmware you were on and what you ‘upgraded’ to.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The update is the one in Yuneec website available Drone firmware typhoon H STD.v3.04. And the ST16 controller.
STD v03.01.b30

The update is the one in Yuneec website available Drone firmware typhoon H STD.v3.04. And the ST16 controller.
STD v03.01.b30

Doom is asking for the versions your equipment were on prior to updating.

The curiosity stems from the fact the H has not had a firmware update in what two years or more? Thus some of us are curious as to the to and from, let alone the why in the first place.

All in the name of trying to understand your situation and thus lend more specific help.

Jeff

DJWillie,

Then:

Still waiting for a response to the question of what version of firmware you were on and what you ‘upgraded’ to.

Firmware. version available in the Yuneec website. Drone firmware Typhoon H STD v3.04. and ST16 controller STD v03.01.b30

DJWillie,

Then:
STD v03.01.b30

Attachments

• 1C5508AB-7B1A-495D-A0F3-4D460E5CE01A.jpeg
    1C5508AB-7B1A-495D-A0F3-4D460E5CE01A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Firmware. version available in the Yuneec website. Drone firmware Typhoon H STD v3.04. and ST16 controller STD v03.01.b30

thank you for you help work now after read the manual you send me very nice of you again thanks so much.

The firmware updates for the Typhoon H actually addressed issues found after release and added some very good features to the system. If the OP was on an earlier version of the firmware (which includes controller, aircraft, gimbal, and camera) updating to the latest (which is now 3 years old) would be a good move.

Should any release of firmware/software include an extensive change log? Resoundingly YES, you need to know if you are experiencing any of the problems solved or want or need any added functionality.

A fictional scenario: a firmware update is released to solve a problem with a CGO-ET camera and the settings that can be accessed in the program in the controller. You only use the standard CGO3+ camera on your system. Should you update the controller? Not unless you add the CGO-ET thermal camera to your system.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval