Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trouble with WIFI - camera - now stucked in loop - pls help !

Thanks for your answer and your time, as i said, only option is to hit "ok" on the camera no match warning. Believe me i tried the "back" icon, no luck, i also tried every button i could, just in case... no luck... Also, before the camera no match issue, i went into "pad" and tried to force activation of the wifi. no luck. thats why i'm pretty much convinced wifi on motherboard st16 is shotdown in a way... at that time, i read the post saying that a rebind could potentially force the restart of wifi, well maybe it can if functionnal, but in my case it didn't work.

Have you tried removing the camera before powering on the H to access the -16’s Pad selection? The system does not need a camera present to boot up.

More questions; Have you ever powered on the ST-16 with the antennas removed? If so, do you recall when?

B4Moonrise go see my post on this exact same subject. I suspect you can not even get out of the loop to get to team mode. Some have suggested that the wifi receiver is the problem and so I changed it out but to no avail.
CS is my next stop if no solution here .
Did you try team mode?
Studio144

[QUOTE="I changed it out but to no avail.[/QUOTE]

I notice the add for this WiFi board is noted as "(Authorized Service Use Only)". I don't know about the WiFi board, but the same phrase is added on the CGo2 and CGo3 gimbal boards. On those boards, the phrase means "You can buy it, and you can install it, but it's not going to work until you send the entire unit to a Yuneec service center." I suspect the ST16 WiFi boards are another of Yuneec's "secret room" items. It should be noted that SOMETIMES a new gimbal control board will work without the special matching. But those are very rare.

Anyone messing with the camera board is accepting serious risk of ruining the camera. It takes very little to wreck one forever.

More questions; Have you ever powered on the ST-16 with the antennas removed? If so, do you recall when?

I’ve asked that question in two different threads relative to this thread’s problem, impacting two different people. In neither thread have the OP’s replied. If silence to a yes or no inquiry is often construed as consent might we think some have operated their ST-16’s without antennas and damaged the output transmitters?

Last edited:
Just a thought though, having not received any replies to you post above, I pose the following question:
The wi-fi board on the st-16, which is thought to be the culprit here - and freezing the ability to get to the "pad" for a reset, is a receiving antenna from the CGO3 transmitter in the camera. I was not under the impression that it transmits too. Am I wrong here. I would think that it would not be an issue.
What say you PatR, you are the expert here?
Studio144

My thinking has that board a two way street. RC commands are largely 2.4 based. All the camera stuff is 5.8 based so the camera settings likely pass from the ST-16 to the camera through the WiFi loop.

Just a thought though, having not received any replies to you post above, I pose the following question:
The wi-fi board on the st-16, which is thought to be the culprit here - and freezing the ability to get to the "pad" for a reset, is a receiving antenna from the CGO3 transmitter in the camera. I was not under the impression that it transmits too. Am I wrong here. I would think that it would not be an issue.
What say you PatR, you are the expert here?
Studio144
The control signal is simply a transmitted command to the receiver on the H. No response is needed from the H back to the controller.

Wifi differs in that it is two way communication. The camera transmits digital packets to the controller. The controller inspects the packets and replies back to the camera which packets were received intact. Any packets that were not received have to be resent by the camera. This is what causes lag in the video display. As the distance increases and the signal strength degrades the number of packets that must be resent increases. As you approach the limits of reliable transmission you will sometimes see the display freeze and then speed up as the packets catch up.

So the bottom line.......the wifi board is both a receiver and transmitter in both the camera and the ST16.

Which takes me back to the question of being operated without having antennas installed. Depending on how it's loaded, that's the fastest way to blow a transmitter aside from directly shorting one out.

Reactions: Steve Carr
OK Wait, "no change same issue... st16 same menu after full start... note that aircraft not even switched on and st16 keep looking for camera type"
You can't connect to something that isn't on..
Turn on the ST-16. wait for the home screen.. Turn on the H wait a min. then see if the camera is on the list.
If so, bind to that one and that should resolve the issue.

Hello guys
Thanks all of you for trying there but no point... yuneec replied me and its a go for repair.
To PatR: i didn't remove antenna.. i prepared my mission on field as usual... last one before this one was a breeze and nothing to point out... at the point of waiting video feed before engine and full take off, it never came and so i started to investigate...
i'm saying about the idea of keeping TH bird off because i try to get out off the loop. i'm pretty much convinced wifi is down in a way and following the idea that a rebind can solve it just made a bigger nightmare.

Anyway nothing i can do now if i cannot go out of the loop, so Team mode idea is unreachable...

i will also get in touch with a friend who own a typhoon h and we could i think point out the trouble,
problem is we both have busy agenda so sending it to yuneec is i think the best idea

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430