Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

True charge!

Reaction score
I was charging my batteries for one if my remote control airplane, I also had my yuneec charger charging a battery. The charger finished the yuneec battery so I was curious if it had charged all the way, so I put it on my venom pro uno and just like I thought it wasn’t charged all the way. So with that being said, it’s a good idea to have an extra charger on hand to top off batteries that that yuneec charger can not do. I plugged the in three of four times to make sure and I got the beep and green light.

@Kendrone
THE best why to see if it is fully charge, use a properly working volt meter!
I thought my volt meter was correct when I tested out my batteries after charging. Meter was readings short of full voltage.
Thought it was a charger issue?
Doom checked it out with his meter, and ahhhh crap, my meter was crapped out!

There have been more than a few posts of the shortcomings of the supplied charger that Yuneec provides. The reality is that the sooner you move to a better charger, the lower your operating costs will be, directly in battery life. That is not even counting the greater degree of safety, when handling LiPos properly... and the simple capability of balance charging (even when charged fully) does not address that.

Yesh
@Kendrone
THE best why to see if it is fully charge, use a properly working volt meter!
I thought my volt meter was correct when I tested out my batteries after charging. Meter was readings short of full voltage.
Thought it was a charger issue?
Doom checked it out with his meter, and ahhhh crap, my meter was crapped out!
yeah but I’m telling you the batteries that are being charged with the drone charger are not! being fully charged.

Th
There have been more than a few posts of the shortcomings of the supplied charger that Yuneec provides. The reality is that the sooner you move to a better charger, the lower your operating costs will be, directly in battery life. That is not even counting the greater degree of safety, when handling LiPos properly... and the simple capability of balance charging (even when charged fully) does not address that.
Thats why you buy a good charger with balance and all that. I learned my lesson from cheap chargers.

Reactions: AH-1G
Thats why you buy a good charger with balance and all that. I learned my lesson from cheap chargers.

So if you have a decent charging setup, why rely on the OEM charger at all... when I had the H the OEM was a backup charger only. Anyways, it's good that you report these kind of findings... just more reason to upgrade... :)

Reactions: AH-1G
How do you determine this?
I had purchased some adapters and two more batteries. So I did my own investigation and this is what I came up with. I also fly EDF jets and planes so I’ve been around lipo batteries for awhile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20