Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trying to bind my ST16 to a new drone

Reaction score
Typhoon H and ST16

I had someone drive there car through my garage and it smashed my drove. So I bought another new drone itself and I am trying to bind it to my ST16. ( No Camera waiting on parts for it ) When I bind it, the light will flash blue so I tilt it and then the light will flash purple then after a couple of minutes it will start flashing blue again. In about controller it does not have any thing under aircraft.
So I am lost any help would be great

I shut off the drone and turned it back on. blue light flashes so I tilted it and rebind it now the light is flashing orange

Last edited:
Please confirm you have a Typhoon H with an ST16 controller. If so, we will move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Your last statement sounded like things were more on the right track. I hope binding was successful.
But if not:
The best way to approach the issue is to run through the binding verification document. Please note the verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.
Assuming you have a Typhoon H kit, refer to: Typhoon H Binding Verification

His previous drone was a Typhoon H according to his other posts. I’m moving this to the H480 Discussion forum.

@HarleyDudde you can also see if this helps.

Please confirm you have a Typhoon H with an ST16 controller. If so, we will move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Your last statement sounded like things were more on the right track. I hope binding was successful.
But if not:
The best way to approach the issue is to run through the binding verification document. Please note the verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.
Assuming you have a Typhoon H kit, refer to: Typhoon H Binding Verification
Thanks for your help but I’m waiting on a couple parts for my camera so I am not able to use this binding mode

I am trying to bind my H with my 16 with out the camera
The video should help. Just skip binding the camera. Be sure to create the new model.

The video should help. Just skip binding the camera. Be sure to create the new model.
I have tried it 4 or 5 times and for some reason it wont bind. The motors will start up if I turn turn the GPS off. But after every time I try the light ends up flashing purple when I am done

This suggests there is some miscommunication. You are saying the drone will not bind. Yet you also say the motors will start when GPS is off. The motors will not start at all if the drone is not bound.
The flashing purple sounds a lot more like the drone is bound but has not acquired enough satellites to allow normal operation.

Can you post a screenshot of the controller?

Note it sometimes takes 30 minutes or more with the drone powered on and a clear view of the sky to update the GPS almanac. It sometimes takes a lot longer if the GPS battery has low voltage. Either of these could be an issue if your new drone has been inactive for a long time. Have you given the GPS a good chance to acclimate to your location?

Do you still have the smashed drone? In particular, the GPS unit and the flight control board from the old drone may become useful in this issue if the easy fixes don't help.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I agree with @WTFDproject on this one. It sounds like you are not getting GPS Ready. When GPS goes from Acquiring to Ready the Main LED will change from flashing to solid (Green in Smart mode or Purple in Angle mode). At that point you should be able to arm the motors by pressing and holding S1 (red button) for 3 seconds.

Another issue that can keep the motors from arming is if the right stick is not centered properly. If the volume is turned up you should hear beeping from the ST16 if that is the case.

The sound comes from the drone motors, not from the ST16 speakers.
True. Thanks for the reminder. I seldom hear it anymore.

Reactions: WTFDproject
So, if the owner hears this sound from the right stick, the bind is successful for sure.
I think you would agree that he is bound, but does not have GPS Ready. Most likely not the IMU issue we see quite often since he is able to arm the motors with GPS disabled.

I can't accept or reject anything. The explanations and observations from the owner are messed to me.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Because a lot of people will share in the forum their problems, I'd like to suggest to prepare some form for help asking as a questionary table. Type of the aircraft, camera, RS, firmware version and so on. For example about this thread. No one has asked the RS is installed or not. Still is unclear where all this happens. Probably on this place the GPS coverage is not so good etc.

To help is inherent in a person, but to help if you know what it is...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis