Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two tone beeping app

Reaction score
Hello it's been a while since I've flown my mantis, everything seems to be working correctly but I constantly get this two toned beeping almost like a bell and I can't seem to figure it out, I've never heard it before constantly, almost seems like it has to do with the GPS, I haven't tried to do a compass calibration yet to see if that does anything, any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, happy flying

Is the voice telling you anything like when Home Point is set?

Are there any messages on the screen?

Yes it says home point has been recorded, but no msgs on the screen, doesn't seem to affect anything but is extremely annoying and distracting

With the controller off give the sticks a vigorous stir through their full range of motion. Then power everything back up and see if you still have the two tone beeping.

I’ll get mine out in the morning and see if I can duplicate the issue.

Which are you using iOS or Android to run the Yuneec Pilot app?

Android, I just tried the sticks with no luck, it does it even with the drone powered off, when it's powered on I get 2 quick tones followed by another one one, when the drone is off I just get 2 quick tones, I haven't done a compass calibration in well over a year I'll try that tomorrow and see if anything changes, other than that like I said everything seems to be working fine, I haven't flown it in quite a while so I haven't really tested everything and I just got my nfz unlocked today but it was doing the beeping before that, I have over 60 acres right across the street from me that I've never been able to fly in because I'm right on the edge of the 5 mile radius, I can literally put the drone on one side of our driveway and it won't fly, move it 15 feet to the other and I can but can't go but a few feet lol

Is there a chance that the controller needs to be charged? Keep it plugged into the charger overnight.

I attempted to duplicate your issue this morning and cannot. Thoughts would be to go into settings for the controller and do the RC Calibration.

Do you get the beeping if you start the app without connecting to the Remote?

Maybe a warning about being in an NFZ, but now you are able to fly?

Well I did a compass calibration with no luck, flew for the first time in 2 years across my street, everything seems to be working correctly, the app makes the beeping even when not plugged into the controller, I had deleted the app a long time ago and had to download it again but I don't know what site I got it from, maybe if I delete it and download it again, seems something in the app is weird, do you recommend a site that I can get the piolet app from? Doesn't matter if I have the controller plugged in or not or the drone powered up or not, everything is fully charged and I don't get any kind of error message, thankx again for all your help

You will have to download the apk file then install it. You will have to allow unknown apps to be installed while in the process of installing it. You can then disable that option when it is done installing.

Well downloaded new app so far so good no ding dong sound with or without the controller plugged in, will definitely know for sure tomorrow when I get her in the air again, but it looks very promising, again thank you so much for all your help, I greatly appreciate it, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, just a really strange situation, I'm the type that likes to know why things happen but in this case I don't care as long as it works lol, thankx again and have a great evening

Reactions: DoomMeister
You are most welcome. Hopefully all will be well. How did you get your NFZ unlock?

Well it's Tim again I figured out what is causing this irritating 2 tone beeping, everytime I turn on voice command it starts beeping and won't stop even if I go back and turn it off, I have to turn it off and close the app then open it again and it's gone until I turn it on again, seems as soon as it asks you for permission to access your microphone it starts, arrrggg this is driving me nuts HELP PLEASE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval