Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two Years Retired, Going Back to Work

Be nice, ya never know who you'll run into out there. We could encounter each other. Would be sweet to have the safety dude's slot but, alas, that's not the case.

Oh, nice tip on the central valley work. I know there's some people in the area that would be interested in taking that route and they might see your post.

No Prob.

I might see you in Treasure Island. Now that Kenwood Investments, yield way to Lennar and Wilson Meany. These two just upped the investments in the island from 1.9 billion to 9 Billion and now it’s even higher. LandSea, TruBeck, DeSilva and KBHomes to name a few is now getting in the action.

When, I was there I saw someone mapping the cement pile, I didn’t stop to see, who it was. I was busy with my own work load.

The price of real estate out your way is stupid outrageous. If the bottom ever falls out of info tech there would be a world of hurt over the mortgages there.

GW,

I was “away” for the better part of 22 years, with the last 12 of those years home for only about a month/year split up over the span of each year. Getting “caught up” at times seems an exercise in futility, and a lot of hard work. Over the past 2 years I’ve re-roofed, sided, and painted two of the property buildings with one still to go, not to mention hand clearing out a 100’ long line of agave cactus that’s about 2/3 done. A flying job will be a vacation.

The nearest grandkids are a couple hundred miles away, have very busy schedules, and my wife’s business prohibits her getting away much.

I don’t have to go back to work but I’ve found I miss the “sense of purpose” that drives us and keeps us alive. It’s much too easy to get up in the morning and say to yourself that you really don’t have to do this or that “today” and instead just enjoy the moment. I have to break a non motivated routine I allowed to develop.

This gig was offered in a phone call the other day and as it revolves around things I enjoy and pretty good at it suits the purpose well, and I won’t have to work as hard as I do at home, while getting paid for it. More time away again but I was accustomed to that anyway. If you can get paid for having fun you’ll never work a day in your life[emoji6]

A little hard to explain but it feels right.
One's sense of purpose is very important. It is hard to explain and for some, total retirement is not the answer. I consider myself semi-retired as membership on boards and committees keeps me in touch and the old brain somewhat functional. If you can get along with the millennial mindset you've got it made. Good luck and thanks for your contributions on here.
Don

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Reviewing the paperwork now. I'll need to incorporate a napping clause before signing the offer.
Just be sure in your contract instead of a standard issue office chair, you get a large heated and cooled LazyBoy recliner. What the **** get the back massage too for a couple extra bucks.
Good luck Bill

Reactions: PatR
Docdor,

Funny you mentioned millennials. That may well be part of the impetus in being called as the individual lamented he was surrounded by millennials[emoji15]

Reactions: Docdor
I’m now hoping I can live up to expectations. I haven’t even got there yet and I have a new e-mail addy and badge waiting for me. A demonstration of efficiency where for the past two years I’ve been anything but. However, that’s quite an improvement over the last place, where paralysis through analysis reigned supreme.

This concept of having to live the day to day grind and comply with rules again is a little sobering.

I’m now hoping I can live up to expectations. I haven’t even got there yet and I have a new e-mail addy and badge waiting for me. A demonstration of efficiency where for the past two years I’ve been anything but. However, that’s quite an improvement over the last place, where paralysis through analysis reigned supreme.

This concept of having to live the day to day grind and comply with rules again is a little sobering.
Pat,
I'm sure you can do this job if you wish. Company rules in a progressive company can be tweaked or modified if better alternatives are brought to the attention of the "rule- maker.
At least if this job does not live up to your expectations you are in a position where you can wave goodbye. Good luck and don't catch the dreaded "analysis paralysis ".

Reactions: biltno
Brief update, everyone thus far is easy to get along with, the proprietary equipment blows DJI out the door, and the stack of paperwork is immense. Of course there’s NDA’s covering the good stuff...

Reactions: biltno and AH-1G
Couple more days and the company name should be mentionable. As they have an abbreviated public site people could peek at what’s there. No harm and no foul could could come from mentioning it’s much more that it appears. Beyond that would cross the line.

Utilities for now. Assisting in developing structure looks to be part of things as well.

I’m starting to have second thoughts. This is going to make it hard to maintain my mid day nap schedule.

I usually just catch a nap on the way in and back, but even then, it sometimes gets in the way of reading my book and driving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430