Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TyH Plus repair - help needed - Motors won`t start

Reaction score
Hello Community,

tryin` to get a friends H Plus back to the air again. The bird had a little contact with some concrete structure, fell down and got stuck in a tree. Outcome of this pilot`s unawareness: 1 completely broken motor arm, 2 broken hinge sections, 1 broken landing gear and a completely broken C23. We already got the spare parts and just changed them.
System boots and connects as usual, but you cannot make any changes in the menu. Telemetry files are transmitted (we read out the telemetry via Q500log). When trying to start the motors, the H starts the motors and shuts them down within 2 seconds or even less. All motor arm LEDs shut down and it seems as if the whole system reboots - in fact, it doesn`t as all internal LEDs stay running but there seems to be a current related problem? After trying to start the motors and the "shutdown" we got a green LED flashing on the downside of the main PCB.
Anyone some good hints how to proceed? I got my H and my H920 up and running again, but troubleshooting was someway easier as I could gain more information by using the GUI. For the H Plus we are just guessing.
Any help is appreciated.

Here is the expanded user manual and maintenance manual for starters.

Attachments

• H MaintenanceGuide v0.5.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
  • Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: APack
Here is the expanded user manual and maintenance manual for starters.
Thanks, we stopped troubleshooting for today, as it`s time to guard the pillows ;-)

Update: we cross-checked the motors, and end up with following results:
- 4 or 5 motors plugged in - motors start up and shut down with the "usual" 5-rotor mode warning
- all 6 motors plugged in - motors start up and shut down without warning, LEDs turn off and restart after a few seconds
Actual guess: some problem with power distribution.

When trying to start the motors, the H starts the motors and shuts them down within 2 seconds or even less. All motor arm LEDs shut down and it seems as if the whole system reboots - in fact, it doesn`t as all internal LEDs stay running.

Do you have the propellers mounted?
The motors will not stay running without the propellers. They will barely run, then go through a "reboot" sequence very similar to what you describe. There should be a red warning on the screen for abnormal propellers.

System boots and connects as usual, but you cannot make any changes in the menu.

What menu items are you trying to change?

@WTFDproject

"Do you have the propellers mounted?
The motors will not stay running without the propellers. They will barely run, then go through a "reboot" sequence very similar to what you describe. There should be a red warning on the screen for abnormal propellers."

"****, call me stupid... Just didn`t take into consideration that the Plus is much faster in shutting down the motors without propellers mounted (I`m a little spoiled by letting them run by GUI for my H and my H920).

"What menu items are you trying to change?"

We tried to switch to Manual Mode or switch on the LEDs - both didn`t work. The failures - like bad propeller - are not reported in the "notifications" in the top menu - there, the last entries are the "free fall detected" entries from 28th of december. We read out the flight log data and there we have new logs from yesterday/today.

We are going to perform another test with props mounted. Gonna keep you updated!

Thanks for so long! Have a nice day!

It's up again! Except a slight disalignment of the camera gimbal - buddies got to figure out whether he will send it in for calibration or just stays with it - we could fix all damages. Test flights with additional payload to create a more challenging situation were succesful.
Thanks again for the hint regarding the different shut down behavior! I could only rely on my experiences gained from my H480 and H920 so I was a little uncertain about the very fast shutdown. For luck, his second H+ (lucky those, who can afford just ordering without checking finances) - in case we wouldn't have been able to repair it - could be taken to compare and so we could verify it's function.
So now I'll head back and focus in teaching my buddy to more situational awareness - as the bridge he hit was there the whole time ?.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval