Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon G and the Go-Pro GB203 3 Gimbal on a H?

Reaction score
As an optional alternative to use a Go-Pro, I am wondering how possible it might be to use the Go-Pro Gimbal on the H. I don't have one to look at the basics.
Looking at photos, the gimbal sliding mount seems to be the same dimensions, will the Go-Pro GB203 3 Gimbal side onto the H and click in place?
The GB203 gets its inputs from the imu of the G? not from its on imu?
Would the "MK58 digital video downlink" pair to the ST16?
Would it be necessary to shield the live connectors on the H from the mounting plate of the GB203?
I'm guessing this wont work without some work by Yuneec, but just throwing it out there incase someone else is already trying to go down this road?

The Gimbal works on the H and the MK58 can be paired the problem with the excersise is the ST16 keeps telling you that it's NOT the CGO3+ camera and please select the correct camera. I'm trying to figure out how to add the gopro to the menu or a generic camera. I have a much different (and Better) camera planned for my H and that's my only stumbling block

Ahh thanks great news.....I sold my GoPro Black along with a Phantom 2 last week, I'm looking at better options too, seems the Xaiomi Yi 4k is build with higher versions of the Go Pro chips, Sony IMX 377 and an Ambarella A9SE Xiaomi YI 4K Action Camera 2 Ambarella A9SE Sony IMX377 1400mAh is this the same as you were considering?

How is that "Please select the correct camera" working, is it disconnecting the live feed? or is only popping up on screen and you can dismiss it?
I also hoped Yuneec or someone might pick up this thread I started, Yuneec Camera Design Team
I'd love to hear if you have any progress if its something like this you are trying.

Nice I'm also working on a new gimabl with a camera set and have the same problem to integrate the video signal to the Typhoon H app.
Would be nice if we could display Analog video on the screen then a lot of new things would be possible!

Andy

Reactions: banned user
The Gimbal works on the H and the MK58 can be paired the problem with the excersise is the ST16 keeps telling you that it's NOT the CGO3+ camera and please select the correct camera. I'm trying to figure out how to add the gopro to the menu or a generic camera. I have a much different (and Better) camera planned for my H and that's my only stumbling block

same here searched the whole android tablet after this file to add a "GoPro" to the list so that we could use the Yuneec MK 58 Digital Video transmitter...

Hmm i think it is directly integrated into the APK of the Programm so we can't change anything...

Andy

Reactions: banned user
same here searched the whole android tablet after this file to add a "GoPro" to the list so that we could use the Yuneec MK 58 Digital Video transmitter...

Hmm i think it is directly integrated into the APK of the Programm so we can't change anything...

Andy
I guess the next best alternative would be to pair the MK58 to the ST10 as designed and use 2 controllers....1 for the H one for the camera..the GB203 3 will need its inputs from the G's IMU so I wonder what about cannibalising a G ? Pairing the ST10 to the G's IMU and hanging that off the bottom of the H?

I got a gb203, a mk58, and a cgo3 for parts because it will do video but is all jacked up as far as controlling the gimbal. So, the plan is to somehow use something from the cgo3 to send the signal back to the st16. Then at least the st16 can pair with a true cgo3 video signal.
Makes me think though. Since most of the parts in the gopro gimbal use the same circuits as the cgo3.
Maybe it would be easier to change the program in the gopro gimbal and make it appear as a cgo3.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis