Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H and PFAW

Reaction score
OK so I have my pfaw course booked for 5-7th October in Falkirk and provider is NATS, as part of their joining instructions it states they will provide Dji Phantom s for the practical test part. My question is this has anyone done pfaw using their own typhoon h and how did they find it?

I have never flown a dji phantom so was considering requesting using my TH to complete the practical assessment.

Cheers

Graeme

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

OK so I have my pfaw course booked for 5-7th October in Falkirk and provider is NATS, as part of their joining instructions it states they will provide Dji Phantom s for the practical test part. My question is this has anyone done pfaw using their own typhoon h and how did they find it?

I have never flown a dji phantom so was considering requesting using my TH to complete the practical assessment.

Cheers

Graeme

I always thought you used your own machine. I passed with Resource Group using my own self built Y6. I used a Pixhawk FC and although different in some procedures to popular DJI FCs everything was in my Manual and so was accepted.
You are tested on your complete knowledge of your machine and methodology for everything from site recce, preparation, pre- flight, flight, post flight and battery charging/care.
Be prepared for a lot of nose in flying.

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Think there was a part in the email that said if you wish to use your own craft you can request it, which I may do, some good hints in there thanks
[emoji106]

Sounds odd that. As Pitflyer said how are you suppposed to work to your own procedures presumably in the manual you will have submitted? You are supposed to be tested on your emergency procedures which you have written for your own aircraft. I know nothing of NATS but it sounds dodgy to me.
You are supposed to do your flight test on the aircraft in your manual as far as I know. Either way I have my flight test coming up soon on an H and I know of others who have so I would suggest it prudent to request this.

The point is they are testing you on the whole caboodle. They know the finer points of flying will come with experience and there is a bit of leeway but your manual is what it is all about.
I was not tested on actual quality of camerawork although standard moves will be tested. If your H takes ages to connect the camera wifi (mine does) it may be worth practising some of the quick connect tricks to remove the pressure a bit.
Remember the test is a military exercise so having your spotter keeping a checklist of everything you need to do on your checklist is not a bad thing.
Flight procedures can have checklists as that is safer than relying on memory.
Efficient team work is rated highly.

OK all makes sense, look like I will request to use my TH, I had assumed the practical part was just to assess you on your actual ability to fly the aircraft and complete the maneuvers set out, but I suppose I'll find out in a few weeks [emoji6][emoji106]thx all

`im watching this thread as ive just booked my course

Graham
I did mine with RUSTA and you are expected to do pre flight checks etc as you would according to your manual as this is supposed to be the way you would fly on a job. The practical i did was basic flying manoeuvres like follow a hedge line either in manual allowing wind to take you along or in gps mode and flying it smoothly and then up to reasonable height and manual return to your feet and one other thing we did was fly into a confined space which for me was under a tree along a fence line rotate and return (couldn't see drone and flew with camera only) and there was one more test where they asked me to take some video of a tree which was close on one side to some telegraph lines which they watched to see how close you went and heights etc for safety, sorry for rambling on but it gives you an idea of various scenarios i encountered but it was easier than it sounds and i did enjoy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval