Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h batteries

Reaction score
I am trying to locate some inexpensive typhoon h batteries online, less than $ 75.00 , anyone have any website,s to try ?

That's a pretty tall order. Anything that inexpensive I'd be real concerned about quality. I got a pair of Venoms through a friend's sponsorship deal, and they were $60 apiece. At cost.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find!

Try DHGATE.com or ALIBABA.
These are Chinese wholesaler websites and if you do a good thorough search you will find 7000Mah batteries for the H at $65.
If you order a few you will get a discount on that also.
A lot of LiPo batts come from China so don't judge them as poor quality.

A lot of LiPo batts come from China so don't judge them as poor quality.

Easy there, Hoss. I didn't say that Chinese batteries are poor quality. I'd question any battery offered at $75 that normally retails for around $125.

Reactions: mcbutler
Easy there, Hoss. I didn't say that Chinese batteries are poor quality. I'd question any battery offered at $75 that normally retails for around $125.
No offence intended, simply remove the middle man ie yuneec. And you slash the price. Do you really imagine that there is anything special about the H battery? It's just a LiPo crammed into a plastic cassette to prevent it catching on the H internals as you insert/remove it. Batteries are an essential consumable and therefore a high profit item.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bought two of the ones on the site that hoots posted. No problems charge and get a steady 18 minutes flying at all speeds. Charge fine

Will see how they hold up have had them a week now and have made a few flights on them

Just balance charged the 6300ma UltraX batteries obtained from Tattu for the first time. What may be interesting for some is that both arrived charged to 15.53v. Since I prefer to "condition" new batteries, both were charged at a reduced rate of 5.5A. One took 0:47:44 to achieve a full charge voltage of 16.79v with an input of 2718ma, while the other required 0:48:21 and 2743ma to achieve a full charge state of 16.80v.

On another note, the contact points on the UltraX batteries fit my aftermarket charge adapters a little better than the stock H batteries.

That's a pretty tall order. Anything that inexpensive I'd be real concerned about quality. I got a pair of Venoms through a friend's sponsorship deal, and they were $60 apiece. At cost.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find!
I just bought a couple of Venom batteries. Did you really get more than another 5 minutes of flight time? I am only getting about 16 -19 minutes on the Yuneec Typhoon H.

PatR I charged mine first at the rate of 4.0A and 14.8v with the Hitex X2 charger, what will you be charging them at on the next go around??

I just bought a couple of Venom batteries. Did you really get more than another 5 minutes of flight time? I am only getting about 16 -19 minutes on the Yuneec Typhoon H.

That's about what I get, but it's been really cold here so I don't have any baseline for comparison. Many have questioned the rated capacity of the stock batteries. I've got some time on my hands today, so I'm going to do a side-by-side discharge/charge cycle on the stock batteries and the Venoms. Let you know what I find.

PatR I charged mine first at the rate of 4.0A and 14.8v with the Hitex X2 charger, what will you be charging them at on the next go around??

I'll stay at 5.4 with the Yuneec batteries because of their label capacity. I know they are larger but can't prove it. The UltraX won't go above 5.5 for the first 10 cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I took a Venom (6,700mAh) and a stock Yuneec (5,400mAh) battery down to "storage" voltage of 15.2V each.
For transparency's sake, the stock battery has about 15 flights on it; the Venom has around half a dozen.
I measured the internal resistance on each. Venom: 7/2/2/2 (13 mΩ), Yuneec: 6/5/4/4 (19 mΩ).
Put them both on a nice gentle balance charge of 5.4A (1C for the Yuneec).

When the charge was complete (16.8V) the Venom had accepted 3,171 mAh; the Yuneec 2,755 mAh for a difference of 416 mAh or 15%.

I realize this isn't conclusive, so I'm currently running the same routine on another Venom/Yuneec pair to see if the results are close.

Time passes...

Another pair of batteries, with the Venom taking 3,082 mAh to Yuneec's 2,833 for around 9%. Still not conclusive...

Last edited:
Just balance charged the 6300ma UltraX batteries obtained from Tattu for the first time. What may be interesting for some is that both arrived charged to 15.53v. Since I prefer to "condition" new batteries, both were charged at a reduced rate of 5.5A. One took 0:47:44 to achieve a full charge voltage of 16.79v with an input of 2718ma, while the other required 0:48:21 and 2743ma to achieve a full charge state of 16.80v.

On another note, the contact points on the UltraX batteries fit my aftermarket charge adapters a little better than the stock H batteries.
Good to hear. Mine are in the mail. I hope they're as good as I've heard. I can say that genstattu.com is great with communication. They didn't have them in stock a month or so ago, but notified me a few weeks ago that they would be in by the first week of this month, then notified me a second time, stating that I could go onto their site and do a preorder because they were about to receive them, then just notified me again that they are in the mail. Can't beat the price, especially with the instant discount code that's all over their page. 2 at a time brought the price down to close to $120'ish with the discount. Can't do much better than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval