Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Battery charge rate

Reaction score
Could be a stupid question, I have a SKYRC 6B Mini charger, is it ok to charge the batteries at 1amp wether it's balancing charge or quick or any other format, when I but these batteries into storage mode it was done @0.2 amps which toke for ever.!!

Reaction score
Hi Chris.
It's very strange what you are reporting, could be a problem in the charger.
The B6 mini, for what I know, should use the same rate for charge and storage, adjustable from 1 to 6 Amps (teoric... real is around 4~5Amps).
It has a reduced rate only for discharge, that is max 2A.
Have you tried to use another charger?
I put in storage my H batteries with a Skyrc Q200 charger, and I set the current to 3 Amps.

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your reply, when I got the charger the default setting was @ 0.2amp so I have stuck with that the adjustable settings are from 0.1 to 6amp, my question is what is the norm setting to charge a H 6500mAh, the charger is working great I am not to sure at what amp. I need to set the charger

Reaction score
Sorry for misunderstanding.
Normally maximum charge rate for Lipo's is 1C, this means you could set 6 Amps that is the maximum for your charger.
Practically it's better set the rate at 1/2 C, where C is the capacity of the battery.
In your case you have to set charger at 3,2 Amp (6500mA means 6,5A, 1/2C means 6500:2=3250 or 3,25A)
This extends battery life on long time.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carbonfiberfabrics