Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Bolt to secure top and bottom shells spec?

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specification for the 1cm long, socket head bolts that hold the top and bottom shells of the Typhoon H together? I suspect they are M2 X 10mm. Need to order some more online.
Thanks!

Last edited:
This is not metric thread nor other kind of screws for metal thread. It is some kind of Thread Forming Screws For Plastics with 1,5mm hexa drive. Sorry, I don't know the exact name or specification.

Ask YuneecSkins, maybe he can help

br HE

Reactions: Nesher
OK, then these (see link below) should work.
The screws mentioned above have a much broader and deeper thread pitch; therefore they probably work very well, but then you can't go back to the original.
So I'll try these, and let you all know.
M2 assortment on Amazon

UPDATE: The thread pitch on these is wrong. Just buy the correct ones from Yuneec Skins! Here's the link again:
Top Shell screws for Typhoon H

Last edited:
These are the proper screws. They are 2mmX7.8mm with a 1.5mm hex socket head. The thread is is much like a wood screw with a higher pitch and slightly deeper thread than a machine screw. With this threading into plastic I don’t think a machine screw is going to maintain the necessary structural integrity. It will strip out the plastic much easier.
72F684DE-FB66-4716-A2E8-029D8648C3E7.jpeg
1E60DE9B-7C3E-425D-818E-05B9E2F8EB00.jpeg
9FE9BC82-93E2-4064-B6BC-98943FEAA206.jpeg
FBA33883-9E2D-47E8-AF44-349C6CC0B7B5.jpeg

Last edited:
That is why i recommended the 2m self tapping use them all the time on DJI and Yuneec

Attachments

• 16158280770733132840303022812636.jpg
    16158280770733132840303022812636.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: DoomMeister
That is why i recommended the 2m self tapping use them all the time on DJI and Yuneec
I agree with your choice. The major difference being the pointed end for self tapping. This is a good replacement in my opinion.

Machine screws work well in threaded metal, but the thread pitch is too fine for plastic and wood.

Some of the higher priced quads like DJI Inspire use metal threaded insert so I use the machine screws when required

Just a heads up. Screws like those are notorious for stripping out the plastic where they are used. Once removed, you should always clean / dust off the screw threads to get rid of the excess plastic, then when screwing them back in, carefully back them out until you feel a slight click. This is how I know I'm probably aligned with the original threads. If they go in hard the second time they are probably cross threaded and gouging out the mount.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Good point!!!

I do this with all types of screws. Just a habit I got into when I started working with fine thread machine screws in the intricate mechanical assemblies of circuit board manufacturing equipment.

As a journyman Tool and Die maker 40 years ago I learned to use bar soap as a simple lube on all threads that are not thread locked. Works well on these also. I agree allways go forward and backup a little befor next turn.

Reactions: Nesher
These are the proper screws. They are 2mmX7.8mm with a 1.5mm hex socket head. The thread is is much like a wood screw with a higher pitch and slightly deeper thread than a machine screw. With this threading into plastic I don’t think a machine screw is going to maintain the necessary structural integrity. It will strip out the plastic much easier.
View attachment 25185
View attachment 25183
View attachment 25182
View attachment 25181
Thanks! Now, where do I buy them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval