Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H camera not detected but all motor functions are great.

Reaction score
Hi all ! Yesterday I got my first Typhoon 'H' (not H plus, just H) and it all looks very nice. This morning I checked UAVforecast.com and found it ideal to do a flight test etc. While still inside the house, I did a battery check and found the video would not connect. I removed the camera/gimbal and slid it back on and tried it again. Same thing. Camera movements were great all around, so I knew the camera was getting power. I tried the video button and the snapshot button even though I was not receiving a video screen and it said NO SD CARD INSTALLED. I tried several of my 4K 3U cards Extreme and Extreme plus, not to mention the factory card I found in the camera. I downloaded the card and installed it again, and no change. Then I remembered there was no card in the radio, so for S's and giggles, I installed one in the bottom of the radio( whatever that one is for). No change. Still no SD card detection and no video, but, full camera movements. I went out and flew the drone and tested camera movements anyway without video and it flew great! I did the suggested SETTINGS on the radio and there was the camera listed. I tapped on the camera and then bind, and still no video. I tried everything I can think of. I wonder if the guy I got it from rebooted and clicked something off. I'm at a stand still as for what to do now. Not recognizing ANY SD cards and no video,but full motor function.... hmmmmmm. I just don't know. I'm not afraid to try a REBIND of radio and camera but maybe you might know what the issue is. I am not new to flying and Yuneec is all I fly and I love my Typhoon H as well as my Typhoon Q500 4K's!!! Sorry for the length but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Thanks everyone!!

The WiFi board in the camera is suspect, as is the 5.8 WIFI board in the ST16.
An easy check would be to mount one of the CG03 cameras on the Typhoon H, bind the ST16 to it, and to see if it will send video to the ST16. Or you could bind the CGo3+ to one of your ST10+ controllers to see if it will receive the video signal.

IF it turns out to be the WIFI board in the the CGo3+, the CGo3+ WIFI board is the same WIFI board used in the CGo3 of your Q500 4Ks. You could swap them if you wanted to confirm that's the issue. See Attachment 2 (CGo3 Wi-Fi Board Replacement) of the PDF file attached to Way To Fix Drones project. CGo3+ is the same procedure, of course.

The camera and the gimbal are two different things. The camera operates via 5.8 frequency directly from the ST16. The gimbal operates on 2.4 GHz, and goes through the drone control system. That's why the gimbal can work when the camera does not.
Camera_Gimbal Difference.jpg

OK, I removed the camera from my Q500 4K and saw it was a (3) pin and figured the other (3) pins were for 'H' movements, etc. that the Q500 don't have. I slid it into place and Bound the camera, and it said something about older firmware and a window popped up and I selected the camera in the selection window and it showed success. I then returned to the main screen where I had video and camera function as well. It was also showing minor pixelating, but it was showing video none the less. SO, I'm guessing I need to update something or replace my 'H' camera? I got two ?sat? antennas with it and I suspect one is 2.4 and the other 5.8 Ghz. My wifi system for my computer is 2.4 if that's even relevant. I tried both and had no change.
Originally the 'H' camera gave me TWO white flashes, then ONE red flash and repeated. The standard Q500 4K camera stayed solid green. I've included photos. The pixilation may have seemed to decrease with the radio near the camera unless coincidence. Thanks for your help in this.

Attachments

• DSC_0071.JPG
    DSC_0071.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0072.JPG
    DSC_0072.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0088.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I think what you are saying is that I could put the 'H' camera back in place and bind my ST10 or ST12 radio with the 'H' and see if I get video n that case? I will give it a shot and maybe it amounts to a board update in my ST16. I think they guy I got this from wasn't too keen on updating stuff or even flying skills. He did toss in a crashed Q500 4K (without camera) in the deal. I also figure he had a minor crash with the other 'good' Q500 4K he gave me cause it was using the factory included camera pigtail that was a tell tale sign a drone has crashed or had a hard landing. Luckily the 'H' is in beautiful condition w/o video though. OK, trying a bind with another radio looking for an image.

OK, I put the 'H' camera back on the 'H' and tried binding to the ST12 and the ST10 and both said FAILED TO CONNECT TO CAMERA. Could this be good news an that my ST16 is OK and it's just the board in the camera? Thanks for your guidance so far.

It definitely appears that it is at least a faulty WiFi board in the camera.

Do you have a phone or computer that has 5.8GHz wifi on it? If so, you can look for the CGO3P_xxxxxx SSID where the xxxxxx is the last 6 hex digits of the MAC address (on the label on the camera).

You can also try resetting the camera. I'll hunt the instructions and post them in a bit.

This shows the buttons and what each is for Looking for a CGO3

The pixelation with the CGO3 on the ST16 is normal. The two wifi antennas are both 5.8GHz. The mushroom shaped one is an omnidirectional antenna and the square flat one is a patch antenna that is more directional. The patch needs the flat part facing the drone all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TyphoonAddict
Everything here is 2.4 as far as our internet service (SPECTRUM). Too many items run on 2.4 such as our security cameras and that can cause a lag in our wifi streaming. We had to go to 65 mbps to get descent downloading capabilities. Our AT&T cell phones are linked to our wifi, so I suspect they are 2.4 gigs as well. I have the iphone 8 plus and will see if I can figure out how to install the CG03 app. Ha! I chose Yuneec because I didn't have to mess with external video screening software and linking to cameras like they do with DJI products. . Love the built in droid monitors.

OK, I put the 'H' camera back on the 'H' and tried binding to the ST12 and the ST10 and both said FAILED TO CONNECT TO CAMERA. Could this be good news an that my ST16 is OK and it's just the board in the camera? Thanks for your guidance so far.
Yes. It's the WIFI board in the camera. Especially if I understand your camera LED description. I think you mean it was white for a few seconds (powering up), then went to red flashing (Code for WIFI error).

Everything here is 2.4 as far as our internet service (SPECTRUM). Too many items run on 2.4 such as our security cameras and that can cause a lag in our wifi streaming. We had to go to 65 mbps to get descent downloading capabilities. Our AT&T cell phones are linked to our wifi, so I suspect they are 2.4 gigs as well. I have the iphone 8 plus and will see if I can figure out how to install the CG03 app. Ha! I chose Yuneec because I didn't have to mess with external video screening software and linking to cameras like they do with DJI products. . Love the built in droid monitors.
Your iPhone 8 Plus is capable of 5.8GHz WiFi. You should be able to see your CGO3, and your 3+ if the WiFi is working on it. I only suggest the phone to see if the camera is broadcasting an SSID and see if you can connect to it. The CGO app on the iPhone is an added bonus just for troubleshooting.

Sorry, should have answered this part earlier. Yes, your ST16 is fine.
I had a friend give me his broken Q500 4K w/ the camera 'unusable due to crash and gimble missing and I wonder if I can use the wifi card in it. I mean, cause it's a CG03 but I think they basically all are technically right? And if the board s ok. I will disassemble it and get acquainted with what's involved. I wish I had a drone fanatic and computer wiz in my area LOL.... I mean, how hard can it be anyway. Still trying to find Attachment #2 also.

Yes, the WIFI boards are identical.
When you click the link in the earlier post, you have to open the PDF document attached at the bottom of the post that appears. There are a lot of other attachments in that document you may eventually find useful. But if that does not work, here is a copy of only Attachment 2 for your current issue.

Attachments

• Attachment 2.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
OK, I dug out the camera from the Q500 4K and it has most of the gimble and no real damage other than lens cover missing etc. It mainly looks intact as far as parts inside being protected. My friend said it fell off his shelf to the floor and it was out of commission. I guess that spring is what the micro SD card pushes against or holds the camera tight in the case. Will this wifi board work or is this a wait and see? Is it compatible? Wifi is wifi right? This site seems to do a good job resizing photos but if there's an issue with mine, let me know and I'll change my camera settings. I like large fine photos for zooming in on. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 8
Yes, the WIFI boards are identical.
When you click the link in the earlier post, you have to open the PDF document attached at the bottom of the post that appears. There are a lot of other attachments in that document you may eventually find useful. But if that does not work, here is a copy of only Attachment 2 for your current issue.
Awesome, thanks! I saw this document now, it's downloaded. Thanks for all your help people!

OK, I dug out the camera from the Q500 4K and it has most of the gimble and no real damage other than lens cover missing etc. It mainly looks intact as far as parts inside being protected. My friend said it fell off his shelf to the floor and it was out of commission. I guess that spring is what the micro SD card pushes against or holds the camera tight in the case. Will this wifi board work or is this a wait and see? Is it compatible? Wifi is wifi right? This site seems to do a good job resizing photos but if there's an issue with mine, let me know and I'll change my camera settings. I like large fine photos for zooming in on. Thanks.
The spring looking thing sticking out under the lens is the WIFI antenna. There is a cable you will see later that attaches it to the WIFI board in the rear of the camera. The WIFI boards are not just compatible, they are identical between CGo3 and CG03+. There are some minor differences in the heat sink attachments that may or not be present at all, but the boards are the same, and are a direct swap out.

OK, tonight I got bored and removed the wifi board from the CG03 and it was a snap! Tomorrow I will remove the old one from the CG03+ and install. It should be noted that the wifi plug lifts UP and off it's plug/base and not slid out like the rest. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: WTFDproject
The big question now is, how do you keep the camera half of the outer cover( opposite from half you are removing screws on or that you need to remove) from falling off? Maybe some blue tape to hold the camera assembly (ball) in place so it don't want to roll around during surgery LOL.... Did you click to enlarge them photos???? Definitely made in China ( I would hope we don't work like that here) ! Crudely made materials. The plastics almost looked like it was made in a 3-D printer, especially the fan parts. Did you notice the finger print on the micro SD holder?? What are those two tiny clicky black buttons on the end near the micro SD slot? My finger clicked one while removing the wifi card and I thought I broke something until I realized they clicked. OK, today is the day!! Wish me luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval