Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H camera not detected but all motor functions are great.

Just curious though, what other 'newer model' drone cameras will work on the Typhoon H? Will Typhoon H520 work? The gimbles look the same and perform the same functions, but do they have the 6 contacts? The only difference I see is the video capabilities and quality. What ever happened to the GO PRO system?

OK, I'm ready to proceed now. I had this black soft foam from a Q500 4K back pack I didn't like and I cut a small piece from it and it gently wedged in between the camera lens cover and the gimble and is very stable now. With my big hands I need all the help I can get. The cover cannot fall off now.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
OK, After re-installation I turned the system on and still got the FAILURE TO INITIALIZE CAMERA. I then went into settings and tapped on the CG03P camera and the tapped BIND, returned to screen, and still no camera. Then I restarted the radio and drone and still nothing. I'm just ready to buy a new camera and be done with it.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
I'm pretty positive I did everything right. The ribbon with that white line stopped pretty close to the housing after I got the band in place and locked it down. The camera motor functions are as it was before and I'm hoping that proves the ribbon is in place. What cameras are interchangeable with the Typhoon H? How about cameras from the newer H models?

Will the CG03P slide onto the Q500 4K for a test? Something rattles at the top inside the gimble. Is that just gears in neutral being loose? When I tap settings to bind the camera and it shows me the camera model, doesn't that mean the camera is hooked up , ribbon and all?

Last edited:
Well, I ordered a new CG03+camera and when it get's here I will test it and if I get the same thing, which I doubt, it just may be my radio if there are no settings to shut off wifi or any other camera functions then.

Will the CG03P slide onto the Q500 4K for a test? Something rattles at the top inside the gimble. Is that just gears in neutral being loose? When I tap settings to bind the camera and it shows me the camera model, doesn't that mean the camera is hooked up , ribbon and all?
Yes, you can power it up on the Q500.
If it shows the WIFI number on the bind screen, at least the WIFI board is transmitting. It does not imply the ribbon is correctly installed, or that the main camera board is functioning, etc.

Still waiting for a tracking ##, but today I decided to test my one and only battery for my 'H' with a hover duration test without a camera installed. I went to 75 feet with winds around 20 mph and raised the landing gear and the lights didn't start flashing until 23:25. That should let me know that I have a good battery. I predict with a camera and flying around, I might get 15 to 18 minutes. I'm pleased.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0110.JPG
    DSC_0110.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 3
WOOOOHOOO! Guess what I found! I have an extra custom hard case with handle and rollers I wanted to use for my TH and I already have my Q500 4K in the other one, and I removed the TH foam. I never expected anything would be hidden between the packing and the box but there was a brand new Micro SD card and the info pack for my TH!! Looks like I will need to install a 3/4" sheet of foam on each side of the TH insert. It should look good when I'm done. Oh, and I lined my ammo can with foam so I didn't scuff the batteries, to store lipo batteries in.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: DoomMeister
I don't think I've asked this before so here goes.... What is the micro card USB port on the bottom of the st16 for? Will it record the same thing that the drone camera is recording and what you see on the screen? Is it for system mishaps, etc.? Is it just a history recording to leave in and forget if you use a 64 gig card?

Is it like the hidden one in the st10 radios that just collect never ending data?? They say that there's nothing worth trying to download and look at from the micro sd card inside the st10's. OK, them's my questions for the time being. Thanks

The MicroSD slot on the ST16 is for doing data transfers and firmware updates. Nothing records there unless you go into Pad and use the File Manager to transfer files onto or off of it.

The SD card on the ST10 on the other hand is where the FlightLog files get stored for the Q500. You need to keep one in there to record your telemetry.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
Well, today I will have my new camera and that will be the test. I suspect it will boot up as it should. I'm thinking the NO VIDEO is in the ribbon area. WTFDproject will see if my ribbon was inserted in far enough and my guess is the end would need to be cleaned which I didn't do. I will report back after I mount my new camera on. I also sent extra screws from the other camera housing when I removed the donor wifi board for exchange. And I also sent the original wifi board for inspection/testing if possible. And yes, the only difference was the heat sink in the 'H' camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
Ordered me the Typhoon H/Q500 Wizard Wand yesterday and hope it's as easy to use as videos show. At least my accessories are pretty much complete now. Will report back after using it.

Attachments

• s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1

Attachments

• Typhoon-Wizard-User-Manual-0929-1.pdf
    477.6 KB · Views: 1
This is a ONE YEAR later continuation of my thread here on camera issues. I sold my Typhoon H and still have my extra CGO3+ camera and hand-held device. The board was re-programmed previously from WFTDProject because I was getting the two green/one red/purple led flashes. The camera worked great after I got it back and I filmed a bird nest in my shop, etc. One time while the camera was off and sitting on a table about 12" from the floor, it fell. I took it in the house and straightened out the rubber shockers and replaced the front lens, I tried it immediately and it worked great. I've since used it many times but since I didn't have a battery charger for the Typhoon H batteries, it sat on the shelf with a 3/4 charge left. After about 6 months I received my new charger.

I took my camera off the shelf and turned it on. It started just fine and I opened the wifi app on my phone and selected the CGO3+ wifi app. I waited and it didn't connect. The camera has a green/reddish purple flash as in 2 green, one red/purple. At first when I turn on the battery pack switch, it's white until the camera comes in to take it's gps position. Just not connecting to my phone. I tried two other micro sd cards and no change. We did get another wifi modem and I doubt that is the problem but anything is possible. I just don't know any other reason for it's not working now for no reason from just sitting. I also charged the battery and no change.

I don't think my local wifi internet has anything to do with it. It should be between the camera wifi and the Iphone (which does receive the camera wifi still) Camera just won't connect with a video screen. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval