Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H camera won’t connect, gimbal works

JamesHHplusMantisQ

No cow bell! MORE COLOUR!!
Reaction score
Hi all ! Yesterday I got my first Typhoon 'H' (not H plus, just H) and it all looks very nice. This morning I checked UAVforecast.com and found it ideal to do a flight test etc. While still inside the house, I did a battery check and found the video would not connect. I removed the camera/gimbal and slid it back on and tried it again. Same thing. Camera movements were great all around, so I knew the camera was getting power. I tried the video button and the snapshot button even though I was not receiving a video screen and it said NO SD CARD INSTALLED. I tried several of my 4K 3U cards Extreme and Extreme plus, not to mention the factory card I found in the camera. I downloaded the card and installed it again, and no change. Then I remembered there was no card in the radio, so for S's and giggles, I installed one in the bottom of the radio( whatever that one is for). No change. Still no SD card detection and no video, but, full camera movements. I went out and flew the drone and tested camera movements anyway without video and it flew great! I did the suggested SETTINGS on the radio and there was the camera listed. I tapped on the camera and then bind, and still no video. I tried everything I can think of. I wonder if the guy I got it from rebooted and clicked something off. I'm at a stand still as for what to do now. Not recognizing ANY SD cards and no video,but full motor function.... hmmmmmm. I just don't know. I'm not afraid to try a REBIND of radio and camera but maybe you might know what the issue is. I am not new to flying and Yuneec is all I fly and I love my Typhoon H as well as my Typhoon Q500 4K's!!! Sorry for the length but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Thanks everyone!!
I am having the exact same problem. And I have also the infrared hot swap camera and it does the same thing. My H+ is also doing it. I sent my H+ in for repairs and it came back with the camera not working.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
First thing to tackle is where did you send the H Plus for repair? How long ago and for what reasons? If still within the time frame of warranty on the repair, it is probably best to contact the repair center and arrange a fix.

For the CGO3+ and CGO-ET cameras on the Typhoon H it is really strange that both would exhibit the same behavior if the cameras were the problem.

Do you have a home WiFi that has a 5GHz band with its own SSID? We need to test your ST16 controller’s WiFi card for functionality. Power on the ST16, tap Pad then OK, go to the top right of the screen and pull down then select the WiFi icon. From the menu select your 5GHz WiFi and connect to it. Are you able to connect or not?

For the cameras place them on the aircraft and power on. The LED on the camera should go from white to red to flashing green. When you get to the flashing green the camera will be transmitting its SSID. For the CGO3+ it should be CGO3P_xxxxxx where the C’s are the last 6 digits of the MAC address on the label. See if you can connect to it with your phone or computer that has 5GHz WiFi capability. You can test the CGO-ET in a similar manner.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
For the CGO3+ and CGO-ET cameras on the Typhoon H it is really strange that both would exhibit the same behavior if the cameras were the problem.
Yeah, for this part of the problem, the first suspicion would fall to the controller. And there is a fairly easy way to confirm it.
1.) Mount the CG03+ on the Typhoon H Plus drone.
2.) Bind the CGo3+ to the ST16S controller. You will have to go to Pad>Settings>Wifi and bind manually.
3.) See if video will show up. The video will likely have tons of lag and be jerky, but it should show up.

Yeah, for this part of the problem, the first suspicion would fall to the controller. And there is a fairly easy way to confirm it.
1.) Mount the CG03+ on the Typhoon H Plus drone.
2.) Bind the CGo3+ to the ST16S controller. You will have to go to Pad>Settings>Wifi and bind manually.
3.) See if video will show up. The video will likely have tons of lag and be jerky, but it should show up.

BUT I PREFER THIS VIDEO INSTRUCTION.,.... It's much more thorough. Q500 or 'H', it's all the same.
The video will not actually work for this purpose. For troubleshooting purpose, the intent here is to bind a CGo3+ camera to a Typhoon H Plus ST16S controller, while the CGo3+ camera is mounted on a Typhoon H Plus drone. This is not fully compatible equipment, hence the need to bind the camera WIFI manually using the WIFI section of the settings menu. Pretty good video, though.

The video will not actually work for this purpose. For troubleshooting purpose, the intent here is to bind a CGo3+ camera to a Typhoon H Plus ST16S controller, while the CGo3+ camera is mounted on a Typhoon H Plus drone. This is not fully compatible equipment, hence the need to bind the camera WIFI manually using the WIFI section of the settings menu. Pretty good video, though.
Ha. Ya caught it before I deleted it. I realized the process/program was different.

I found this post and although dated I would like to reconnect to the discussion. The last time I used the typhoon, I left the st16 under the sun for a few minutes and saw the display with a dark spot, I gave it little importance because this is quite typical of liquid crystal displays. Now after a week I have resumed the thyphoon the display is fine but the wifi of the camera no longer connects. I tried doing a refresh from the binding menu then I tried a reset but it can't find the camera anymore. The problem is that now as soon as I turn on the st16 it asks me to connect the camera and it doesn't let me enter other menus. If I quickly tap on the top right when booting up before boot has completed, I see for an instant that the wifi is disabled but I don't know how to enter the menu to activate it. HELP

ho trovato questo post e anche se datato mi vorrei riconnettere alla discussione.
L'ultima volta che ho usato il typhoon, ho lasciato per qualche minuto la st16 sotto al sole e ho visto il display con una macchia scura, gli ho dato poca importanza perchè questo è abbastanza tipico dei display a cristalli liquidi.
Ora a distanza di una settimana ho ripreso il thyphoon il display è a posto ma non si connette più lo wifi della telecamera. ho provato fare un refresh dal menu di binding poi ho provato a resettare ma non trova più la telecamera.
Il problema è che ora appena accendo la st16 mi chiede di collegare la telecamera e non mi fa entrare in altri menu.
Se all'accensione faccio tap veloce in alto a destra prima che il boot abbia completato vedo per un istante che lo wifi è disattivato ma non so come entrare nel menu per attivarlo.
AIUTO

The problem is that now as soon as I turn on the st16 it asks me to connect the camera and it doesn't let me enter other menus.

Il problema è che ora appena accendo la st16 mi chiede di collegare la telecamera e non mi fa entrare in altri menu.
Does the message "Camera Type is Not Match" display on the screen of the ST16?
If it does, you can find many articles about this issue. I would recommend starting with Typhoon H - No WiFi connection and Camera Loss.

I'm not sure what you mean by "information menu". Can you send a screenshot of the message?

Please be aware that having no connection to WiFi is also a symptom of the "Camera Type is not Match" issue.

I think the problem is with the ST16 because I can't skip the error message and enter the other menus. For example, I also have the UAV pilot key simulator and normally with the typhoon off, I only turn on the ST16 and go to the model selection menu and choose simulator. Now I can't do it anymore, I only get the camera not connected message and when I click OK it goes to the binding menu but I can't do anything else, only the items on this page are selectable. I tried if there was anything in the secret menu but couldn't find anything. In the WIFI test, a message comes out in Chinese that I don't understand. Post the screenshots.

Credo che il problema sia proprio della ST16 perchè non riesco a skippare il messaggio di errore ed entrare negli altri menu.
Per esempio io ho anche lo UAV pilot key simulator e normalmente a typhoon spento, accendo solo la ST16 vado in menu selezione modelli e scelgo simulatore. Ora non lo posso piu fare, ho solo il messaggio della telecamera non connessa e quando clicco OK va nel menu binding but non posso fare altro, solo le voci di questa pagina sono selezionabili.
Ho provato se c'èra qualcosa nel menu segreto ma non ho trovato niente.
Nel WIFI test viene fuori un messaggio in cinese che non capisco.
Posto gli screenshot.

Attachments

• info_menu.jpg
    info_menu.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • menu_binding.JPG
    menu_binding.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 8
  • secret1.JPG
    secret1.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 7
  • secret2.JPG
    secret2.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 7
  • window.JPG
    window.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 7
  • camera_sel.JPG
    camera_sel.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 7
You get the message in the Settings, About Controller menu because the camera is not connected. You get the same message if you just have the ST16 powered on.

I suggest going to the Pad menu, then pull down from the top right of the screen to access the mini system window. Select the WiFi button. Search the SSID list for your home WiFi and try connecting to both a 5.8 GHz and a 2.4 GHz connection. This will determine if the WiFi module is functional or not.

The issue with the UAV simulator would have nothing to do with the WiFi connection. That is through the 2.4 GHz Zigbee RC channel with the SR24 transceiver. Are you also not able to bind to the Typhoon H?

Reactions: Chris Koch
DoomMeister, HI
sorry but maybe you didn't read my previous post, it won't let me do anything, i can't go to the pad menu and i can't pull down the top right drop down menu, if i'm lucky, on power up, but i don't always get it, by holding down the top right i can see for a second the menu which then disappears immediately to give way to the camera not detected message. In that second I see the menu, I see WIFI is off. Then I can't enter other tasks except the binding one but here the camera is not detected. I told you that I can't enter the simulator because to do that I need to go to change aircraft but I can't enter this menu. Anyway I checked the WiFY of the camera and it has no problems I post the screenshots of my mobile, I don't know if it's important but the MAC address on the tag above the camera does not match the MAC detected on the network
scusa ma forse non hai letto il mio precedente post,
non mi permette di fare niente, non posso andare nel pad menu e non posso tirare giu il menu a tendina in alto a destra, se sono fortunato, all'accensione, ma non sempre vi riesco, tenendo premuto in alto a destra riesco a vedere per un secondo il menu che poi scompare subito per lasciare il posto al messaggio telecamera non rilevata. In quel secondo che vedo il menu, vedo che il WIFI è disattivato. Poi no n posso entrare entrare in altri task se non quello di binding ma qui la fotocamera non viene rilevata. Ti ho detto che non posso entrare nel simulatore perche per farlo ho bisogno di andare a cambiare velivolo ma non posso entrare in questo menu.
Comunque ho controllato lo WiFY della telecamera e non ha problemi posto gli screenshot del miocellulare, non so se è importatante ma il MAC address sul cartellino sopra la telecamera non corrisponde con il MAC rilevato nella rete

Attachments

• MAC_A.JPG
    MAC_A.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 5
  • network.JPG
    network.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Sigal.jpg
    Sigal.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 6
Update I managed, by entering the secret menu, in the WIFI test section, to access the PAD menu by pulling down at the top right and I was able to force the WIFI by activating it manually but then returning to the camera selection it tells me that the WIFI is not detected. I believe the ST16's WIFI module is faulty

certainly i am interested, anything i can try i will. and all your suggestions are welcome

There are three boards in the controller that are possible suspects. Also the Antenna.
  • The first thing to try is another 5.8 ghz antenna if you have one.
  • If changing the antenna does not help, the second thing would be a factory reset (if you can access the settings menu)
  • If neither of the above work or are available, remove the rear panel from the ST16. Disconnect, clean and restore the three connections shown in the picture below, then let us know if it makes any difference to the ST16 behavior.
Clean.jpg

thanks thanks thanks but while you were writing I had already opened the ST16 for an inspection and I had removed the WIFI module just for a visual check, then I reassembled everything without seeing anything the connectors were all in place but perhaps someone had made a little oxide and when removing it it went okay. I turned the st16 back on and the problem seems to be solved. I did the binding of the camera at the beginning it didn't find it but then everything went fine. Thank you all for the support received

I don't know if it's important but the MAC address on the tag above the camera does not match the MAC detected on the network
IP address and MAC is from you mobile device, not cam.

Nice to hear it works again. Yes, all connectors are possible sources of problems. I know this well from my former work as RADAR engineer.

ok thanks i understand nice to hear from you Helmut, I translated your q500log manual into Italian, post it if any friend is interested

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22