Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H can take a hard hit in mid air

Reaction score
Since I have to send my Typhoon H since the video on controller was choppy, I went over to my friends to watch him fly his Typhoon H. Well there was about 6 people flying P3s, Inspire 1 and my buddy Typhoon H. he was mostly testing his camera setting. So he was basically hovering 80 feet high. the P3s and Inspire 1 were Hotdogging around and then it happen. One of the P3s crossed the path of the Inspire 1, they were up at around 100 to 150 feet, the Inspire 1 turned hard left and down. Only problem it ran straight in my buddys Typhoon H.. the Inspire guy at the last sec tried to climb but his camera hit one of the left motors on the H. Both Drones started falling. My buddy was screaming F that and F this at the Inspire guy.

The Inspire hit first, it was bad, most likely total loss even the battery. The H falling down with a engine arm broken and hanging on just by the wires, recovered 3 feet off the ground barely, but was very hard to control. and it made a soft crash. Mean it was moving forward when he touched down. The only thing broken on the H was 3 props and one arm. Here already ordered the parts with next day shipping for Saturday.

Sad part it really wasnt the inspires fault, it was one of the P3s fault

Last edited:
Reactions: HarveyC
I am waiting for the crash video myself. One of the Phantom 3s said he got the impact on video from his P3 from when the Inspire 1 hit the typhoon H, but not the crash at the ground. I gave him my email address so he could send video. Nothing yet from him. But My buddy wasn't to upset its only a arm and a few props. **** I he may have fix it already, he did pay for next day shipping so the parts should have come by 3pm today.

I just hope the guys that caused the problem at least paid for the parts. I mean that is only right.

Reactions: BobW55
Nope, not a dime. Yea that one P3 came full speed into a crowd of drones. Didnt even warn us he was going to do it. My buddy told them at he was doing was hovering and was not going to move. He was taking pictures at different settings and landing and changing the filter and doing the same thing over. My buddy didn't blame the Inspire guy one bit, plus well his Inspire was all broken. My buddy didn't see what happen as he was taking pics looking at the screen. I was the one who told my friend whose fault it really was. The Inspire guy even came over and said sorry, nice guy. The P3 guy didn't say a thing, just packed up and left.

Last edited:
Reactions: solrak
RULE #1.... Pay attention new comers.....
If someone else is flying where you plan to fly..... Move to a new location. They may look like they know what they are doing but is it worth the risk finding out just how little they know.

I cannot believe your friend did not demand compensation for that. I would not have just let that go.

Opens up a can of worms really...
was the inspire flyer licensed, was he a friend of the other dude?
I would have called the cops to make a case in court.

It was just a place where local RC drone flyers fly. The one P3 guy just decided to come in at full speed and not yell out he was going to do it. There is a sign up saying within 100 feet of takeoff area all drones must go dead slow. For all the parts and 1 day shipping was $139.

I guess that is the big advantage of the yuneec thyphon h , it can take a hit from a dji phantom on a fly away.

Last edited:
It was just a place where local RC drone flyers fly. The one P3 guy just decided to come in at full speed and not yell out he was going to do it. There is a sign up saying within 100 feet of takeoff area all drones must go dead slow. For all the parts and 1 day shipping was $139.
Where did you order your parts?

Not usually, always. TH can take a hit but why would you want to..The phantom guy just might be out of business.

Where did you order your parts?

I dont know where my buddy got his parts I know he call Yuneec first. So most likely from Yuneec. But I'll ask him we i see him again His Typhoon H is Fully repaired and flying as of today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval