Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CCC?

Reaction score
I was watching few videos on doing the ccc, from what I seen you have to fly the craft to way points , aim camera direction wanted etc. than after all done hit start. I kinda see some advantage of it being now it does the route and you can just control the camera but if you have to fly it to way points in the first place and how valuable battery life is , why not just fly it and do it with out this method? Is there a way of creating and setting up the ccc before hand with out flying it ?

I was watching few videos on doing the ccc, from what I seen you have to fly the craft to way points , aim camera direction wanted etc. than after all done hit start. I kinda see some advantage of it being now it does the route and you can just control the camera but if you have to fly it to way points in the first place and how valuable battery life is , why not just fly it and do it with out this method? Is there a way of creating and setting up the ccc before hand with out flying it ?
Not with the stock software but you can install UAV toolbox UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16 which will enable you to plan a mission at home and save the waypoints and fly later.
The only issue being you have to be careful with altitude of each waypoint as it is above starting point and not the ground so it is possible to come a cropper if you are not careful. Also the same issue with unknown obstructions. Or else you can connect ST16 to your phone as a hotspot and download the maps on site and edit a mission that way.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Not with the stock software but you can install UAV toolbox UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16 which will enable you to plan a mission at home and save the waypoints and fly later.
The only issue being you have to be careful with altitude of each waypoint as it is above starting point and not the ground so it is possible to come a cropper if you are not careful. Also the same issue with unknown obstructions. Or else you can connect ST16 to your phone as a hotspot and download the maps on site and edit a mission that way.
Thank you for the info

It also flies a curved route, not the broken line route you program in with waypoints. Add about ten feet clearance horizontally, and about 20 feet in altitude to allow for this.

Reactions: OnTheRopes

Rick, there are two distinct advantages of the CCC function; both have to do with camera movement. In the first, you are using full manual control of the camera independently while the aircraft is flying autonomously thus giving the pilot greater control of the camera and in the second, if you are planning to automate a specific target /direction for the camera to be looking at a specific waypoint - during the flight, the camera is moving between waypoints to achieve the selected position thus achieving a more flowing camera movement.

To try and fly manually to specific points along a path while at the same time try to pan and tilt the camera manually to film a subject - while not impossible - will never yield the same results as one can achieve with a CCC route.

I would point out that for the most part it is a video tool as opposed to a picture taking tool and while it is not the right tool for every shot, it is the only one that can do the very complex ones.

I kinda see some advantage of it being now it does the route and you can just control the camera but if you have to fly it to way points in the first place and how valuable battery life is , why not just fly it and do it with out this method?

One other point to make... it is not only the fact that you can now concentrate on only controlling camera movement, it is how you control camera movement. One of the biggest factors to answer your question of "why CCC?", is that camera controls can now be re-assigned in Global mode to the right stick for both pan and tilt in a single control. And depending on how sensitive your sticks are in the expo settings, with much greater precision than that little pan knob and tilt wheel... how much battery do you burn with several "takes" of a shot to get a smooth pan and/or tilt?

Last edited:
I have been practicing flying a programmed CCC route with the Pan set to Global and it does take some practice to get it right. At least for me. Set the speed to slow when the drone starts out on the mission. This will give you more time to get the camera angles right. If its a windy day, 15mph or more, it will be even more difficult. I am waiting for a fairly calm day to try it. Been windy for a week here in florida. Oh, best to have a buddy watching the drone as you manipulate the camera so bad things don't happen .
I wanted to add that this was in reference to trying to video a house. Trying to mimic what Ty's video shows but was using a big screen as my reference point. Takes practice and I still don't have rit even after about 8-10 tries at it. Trying to get the perfect real estate video like Ty shows in his video. Not easy!! Especially if windy.

Last edited:
If I were to use any of the video I shot that day in a true Real Estate Video, it would be cut and edited quite a bit. If you look closely as I fly over the top of the house and begin to descend down into the back there is some wobbling from the camera that I didn't like. Don't know if it was me or just the gimbal because it seemed as if the motors on the gimbal just turned off for a second and the camera just floated back and forth.

I will say that, operating the camera like that requires you to be completely into that task as you watch your subject on the screen because you have to see the movement coming and input the controls in as conscious and smooth an effort as possible. One thing I found difficult is that - the tilt function is backwards - the right stick (elevator) - should be the same as an aircraft - pulling back should be up. Its not, so I had to continuously tell myself; push-up and pull-down, push-up and pull-down, push-up and pull-down. o_O

I have the Adobe CS4 Suite and have not upgraded as yet so I have not tried using any stabilization on footage. I have adjusted camera tilt speed down a little and but have not changed the rudder or throttle speeds. I really like the balance of the stock rudder to the Rate curves on the Aileron and Elevator so I am happy there.

Warp Stabilizer can work sometimes ,but not if your shooting full frame. It is also very time consuming to run an a huge resource hog. i beefed up my system to run Premiere, I have an I7 processor with 32 g of ram SSD drive and a Quadro video card and I would rather cut shaky video out if I have a choice

I have been practicing flying a programmed CCC route with the Pan set to Global and it does take some practice to get it right. At least for me. Set the speed to slow when the drone starts out on the mission. This will give you more time to get the camera angles right. If its a windy day, 15mph or more, it will be even more difficult. I am waiting for a fairly calm day to try it. Been windy for a week here in florida. Oh, best to have a buddy watching the drone as you manipulate the camera so bad things don't happen .
I wanted to add that this was in reference to trying to video a house. Trying to mimic what Ty's video shows but was using a big screen as my reference point. Takes practice and I still don't have rit even after about 8-10 tries at it. Trying to get the perfect real estate video like Ty shows in his video. Not easy!! Especially if windy.

I love the CCC with right-stick-actuated global pan & tilt. But the one nagging issue is that for actual manned aircraft pilots like me, it's difficult to get the tilt right with the joystick. When we pull back on the stick, we expect the view through the windshield to go higher (toward the sky), and when we push forward on the stick, we expect to see more ground in the window. On the Typhoon H, it works just the opposite!

--Doug

Doug,

Don't know if you saw what I said above but that was a big problem for me too. So When I am preparing to work the gimbal I really do just repeat to myself "push-up and pull-down" over and over and it really helped.

Reactions: Camflyer15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold