Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CCC?

Doug,

Don't know if you saw what I said above but that was a big problem for me too. So When I am preparing to work the gimbal I really do just repeat to myself "push-up and pull-down" over and over and it really helped.
I do the same thing Ty!

Doug,

Don't know if you saw what I said above but that was a big problem for me too. So When I am preparing to work the gimbal I really do just repeat to myself "push-up and pull-down" over and over and it really helped.
Ty, I did look before posting, but I must have missed that part of your comment. I'm glad I'm not the Lone Ranger on the way the joystick works. Misery loves company!

--Doug

Reactions: Ty Pilot
The CCC editor by Eric Emmanuel worked like a charm for me, setup multiple flight sites on the PC, preloaded to the ST16, off ya go. Haven't tried UAV tools yet, but will.

I've tried CCC Editor and Flightplan H , but for conventional waypoint flight I like UAV Toolbox best and you don't have to download the file to the ST-16 , it's already there

I agree, as a professional time is very important. I personally recommend UAV Toolbox. You can program your route without the need to fly it and waste a battery. The reason why a pre-programmed route is so useful is the drone (autonomous flying), is that the pilot can focus on just controlling the camera view. Professionals usually have 2 pilots when filming (one to pilot aircraft and another to control the camera). CCC allows one person to perform the same task usually requiring 2 people. If you want to fly and just record video as you fly, you don't need a drone (autonomous flying), just buy a quadcopter.

While I agree tools like UAV toolbox and the others have a lot of great features that can aid in the creation of a CCC. There simply is not a better way to compose a shot than to actually see the subject in frame. If we're talking about doing mapping or photgramertry then perhaps, but if you're talking about getting moving shots of a subject and its surroundings, looking at a flat image; its difficult to actually get the perspective of the camera which is what is needed to get the best shot.

As an example; the opening shot of the clip I did, the aircraft is still and the camera sees a postcard type image composed to the rule of thirds with the horizon at the top line and the road driving to the top left.

I'm not sure one could look at a flat satellite image and determine height and position for that first waypoint. It was only by being on location and seeing what the camera saw that I could compose that shot. And this type of "seeing what the camera sees" to position the aircraft was used at each way point. I guess I may be old school or just old but I like to actually be there to plan a route if I am going to shoot video.

Geneva1.jpg

Geneva2.jpg

Reactions: pixelzombie
I was watching few videos on doing the ccc, from what I seen you have to fly the craft to way points , aim camera direction wanted etc. than after all done hit start. I kinda see some advantage of it being now it does the route and you can just control the camera but if you have to fly it to way points in the first place and how valuable battery life is , why not just fly it and do it with out this method? Is there a way of creating and setting up the ccc before hand with out flying it ?

Well since everyone's already linked to the CCC editors, I'll add in that I use a mix of programming CCC in the field and programming it on my computer. They're great for the flying I do, since I'm usually at construction sites, being able to recreate the same flight multiple times is very useful for me. Being able to show the same shots during different stages of construction is super useful for my application. Also for big slow sweeping pan shots, letting CCC take care of the yaw makes for a MUCH smoother result I've found.

Reactions: rdonson
While I agree tools like UAV toolbox and the others have a lot of great features that can aid in the creation of a CCC. There simply is not a better way to compose a shot than to actually see the subject in frame. If we're talking about doing mapping or photgramertry then perhaps, but if you're talking about getting moving shots of a subject and its surroundings, looking at a flat image; its difficult to actually get the perspective of the camera which is what is needed to get the best shot.

As an example; the opening shot of the clip I did, the aircraft is still and the camera sees a postcard type image composed to the rule of thirds with the horizon at the top line and the road driving to the top left.

I'm not sure one could look at a flat satellite image and determine height and position for that first waypoint. It was only by being on location and seeing what the camera saw that I could compose that shot. And this type of "seeing what the camera sees" to position the aircraft was used at each way point. I guess I may be old school or just old but I like to actually be there to plan a route if I am going to shoot video.

View attachment 9263

View attachment 9264
Ty, I agree with what you are saying. In a area where there are hazards like trees, power lines and buildings we would do better to program CCC on site, while flying. But in areas that are flat and no potential hazards sticking up in the flight path, the pre-programming CCC software works very well. One must be careful, however, that the map used actually represents the area correctly!

After you create a CCC route in UAVToolbox or through the CCC programming on the ST-16 itself, you take manual control of the camera by flipping both pan and tilt switches down to "global" position. At that point you can control all camera tilt and pan with just the right stick. Up and down for tilt... left and right for pan.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Once you load the mission, I do not think the system distinguishes the method that was used to create them... it just runs the route as programmed.

I do not have a 920, so I cannot confirm that capability across models like that... @PatR added a 920 a few months back... he might be the man to verify that... or maybe @Tuna can confirm that feature in UAVToolbox.

I do not have a 920, so I cannot confirm that capability across models like that... @PatR added a 920 a few months back... he might be the man to verify that... or maybe @Tuna can confirm that feature in UAVToolbox.
It wasn't specifically aimed at 920,that was my reason but could be any ST16's I guess and would mean once established a CCC would not have to be re flown. I assume there must be a transferable file somewhere?

the .ccc files are 'normal' files that can be copied and that way you can put them in any other ST.

Best put it in the right folder (the CCCArchive: \flightmode\mission_data ), so the ST can use it to let the bound H fly the planned route.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheRopes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li