Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO3+ camera has a focus problem. Period.

That file size is exactly what you get from a still grab from video, I did the same thing. I couldn't find the dngs on the memory card and I was like wth? Then I made sure camera was on photo and lo and behold there were now dng files :)

Chris if we could only get a camera as good as the Samsung S7 or S6 it'd be fantastic! I have a 3 axis gimbal for my S7 i'm going to figure a way to mount it to the H!!!

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys
I have found that auto really sucks on this camera. I get my best results with fixed settings. Also fund that sometimes when you change the settings in flight and it looks like they changed on the ST16 that they did not in the CGO3+. I can see this when I look at the image properties on the computer.
Here is a sunrise pic right out of my Hs camera unedited or changed in any way. I feel it is pretty decent considering the low light.
Settings are:
White balance: Sunrise/Sunset
ISO: 200
Exposure Time: 1/50 second

That looks great until you click for full size then it's pixelated. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a 12MP camera?

It's pix-elated because of the low light. Even my Canon DSLR pictures can be grainy in low light conditions.
That said this camera doesn't come close to my Canons.
While I do agree with you I want to point out that all digital photos are pixilated if you zoom in enough.

I will see if I can find a day shot that's half way decent, but even then they don't hold up to the zoom test as well as my Cannon, which by the way is a 12 MP camera as well

Mike

I do have to agree with ChrisP and you guys. This camera is not near as good as it should be. I guess I should be grateful that most of my shots are in focus. The ones that are not, I was attributing to camera/drone movement.
I have had mixed results with video as well but have shot some that I am happy with.
Here is a day test shot I did with the H on the picnic table next to my RV. It was on auto, doesn't look great zoomed in.
YUN00002.jpg

I love the copter. Really wish the camera was better.
Sorry ChrisP I know you brought this here because the other thread got like popular threads do. Didn't mean to derail this one so soon.

Mike

I do have to agree with ChrisP and you guys. This camera is not near as good as it should be. I guess I should be grateful that most of my shots are in focus. The ones that are not, I was attributing to camera/drone movement.
I have had mixed results with video as well but have shot some that I am happy with.
Here is a day test shot I did with the H on the picnic table next to my RV. It was on auto, doesn't look great zoomed in.
YUN00002.jpg

I love the copter. Really wish the camera was better.
Sorry ChrisP I know you brought this here because the other thread got like popular threads do. Didn't mean to derail this one so soon.

Mike

That looks sharper than any of my shots.

Chris if we could only get a camera as good as the Samsung S7 or S6 it'd be fantastic! I
My point is NOT that this particular class of camera should produce better results. My point is that others with the SAME CAMERA are getting the good results while I (and many others) are NOT.

Let me make myself clear: this is not an example of the CGO3+ failing to meet expectations for a new camera format.

This camera is significantly below the performance of the previous CGO3. Here is a shot from the CGO3+ from someone ELSE.
England.jpg

I have not seen anything close this quality of shot from the CGO3+. Not even close

I hear you. But when I first got the unit pressing the photo button during video did nothing. I set the photos to dng which is why I was surprised to see jpegs on the card. I think I was in photo mode when taking the above photo because I don't have video of the dog.

But I'm hijacking ChrisP's thread!! Sorry!
You can snap pics while in video mode filming , but not the upper resolutions such as all the 4K's

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys
No problem, these are free flying exchanges, and should be. I appreciate everyone's input, it helps to inform the discussion. You never know when a simple solution might present itself. I've been hoping for just such a thing, a simple solution. Losing hope.

We have some kind of a lens or sensor problem at this point with the H, and Yuneec doesn't seem to have this handled. And they aren't talking publicly. Yet.

I may not have a great eye for this stuff but here's a still image I took a couple of days ago, can someone tell me if it suffers from the focus issue?

Attachments

• YUN00009.jpg
    YUN00009.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Guys,we know there are issues with video quality on more than a few H's. Its not different to any other issues that users find and report to Yuneec. Once they are reported and logged Yuneec starts to find a solution. No different to DJI or any other bird company out there. (except DJi does not give a toss about issues).

Some of you know that I am holding off because of the video quality. BUT I have seen some amazingly good videos coming out of the H. Also we have the option to replace the lens with a 16mp 4k beauty. (1 option I am seriously considering) Not that hard to do it yourself. (but you will void warranty)
Here is one video I watched that looks pretty **** good to me when i watch it in 4K - 2K - 1080P.
I really love this video, lots of depth and good sharpness right through it.
I have seen even better than this one, if I find it again i will link it once i do. The other ones are amazing quality, and i mean AMAZING !!!!
P.S. I edited it to show the good bits) It is NOT MINE OK.
Watching it in VIMEO will give u best results (full screen)

Remember to watch it in HD...as high as your screen allows.

Reactions: Brent and Mike_Flys
Hey @ChrisP. Great post and thank you for starting the new thread. I am beyond pissed off at the video quality of my particular Typhoon-H. I've already had an argument with the "techs" at Yuneec Europe about it. I can only hold my breath that they either replace the camera with one that is NOT defective or at least try and refocus it. Geez I'm annoyed. Also, just want to comment to @cokeaddict although there seem to be some "amazing videos" coming from owners of Typhooh-H, there also seems to be a s**tload of owners with fresh-off-the-line crappy cameras. Also, we shouldn't have to go running out to find a replacement "higher quality" aftermarket lens with our brand new Typhoons. I mean, really...WTF??

Reactions: Brent
The only problem I'm having with my camera is blur in the top right corner.

Made this video of a local castle ruin and you can see what I mean in the sideways shots.

There are some still pictures at the end. These are the best I have taken with the H. They are all unedited and as the camera has taken them. Video was 1080p and all auto.

Hey @ChrisP. Great post and thank you for starting the new thread. I am beyond pissed off at the video quality of my particular Typhoon-H. I've already had an argument with the "techs" at Yuneec Europe about it. I can only hold my breath that they either replace the camera with one that is NOT defective or at least try and refocus it. Geez I'm annoyed. Also, just want to comment to @cokeaddict although there seem to be some "amazing videos" coming from owners of Typhooh-H, there also seems to be a s**tload of owners with fresh-off-the-line crappy cameras. Also, we shouldn't have to go running out to find a replacement "higher quality" aftermarket lens with our brand new Typhoons. I mean, really...WTF??
Chill Bro, I am with you mate. I made that comment for those who do not know a better lens is available. I want the best i can get so will be replacing mine. Again i stress, Its a new toy, those that rushed in will be Yuneecs guinea pigs. No different to anyone who buys a new model car. No one knows how good/bad it is until the buyers start reporting issues. So Its up to you guys to help them find a fix...and they will.

The only problem I'm having with my camera is blur in the top right corner.

Made this video of a local castle ruin and you can see what I mean in the sideways shots.

There are some still pictures at the end. These are the best I have taken with the H. They are all unedited and as the camera has taken them. Video was 1080p and all auto.

Adam, that's ones not too bad. I do see some blur up there. have you tried a 4k recording and comparing it before and after a crop of the 4K? see what happens in 4K

Adam, that's ones not too bad. I do see some blur up there. have you tried a 4k recording and comparing it before and after a crop of the 4K? see what happens in 4K

I shot one in 4k then saved it in 1080p? I only put my photos and videos through movie maker. I'm new to the whole editing thing. I don't have anyway of playing back 4k video at the moment and my little notebook struggles with even 1080p.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace