Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO3+ camera has a focus problem. Period.

I do not know if you all are aware of this, but Yuneec has completely clammed up on responding to concerns on several blogs. Yuneec USA monitors these threads. Yuneec USA has been contacted in regard to known H issues. Yuneec USA DOES NOT RETURN or ANSWER any of those emails. :mad:

I do not know if you all are aware of this, but Yuneec has completely clammed up on responding to concerns on several blogs. Yuneec USA monitors these threads. Yuneec USA has been contacted in regard to known H issues. Yuneec USA DOES NOT RETURN or ANSWER any of those emails. :mad:
Well I just today had a rather heated discussion (phone call) with a Yuneec "tech" in Europe. Pretty much said I'm using the copter wrong, but I can send it in anyway if it would make me feel better. Right. Let the games begin!

we shouldn't have to go running out to find a replacement "higher quality" aftermarket lens with our brand new Typhoons. I mean, really...WTF??

agreed. The H was not marketed as a racing platform or a novelty device...Yuneec understands that its customers are hungry for the robust, stable photography platform that the H was marketed as. If Yuneec (support) is as good as we perceive them to be, they should be combing through these forums to try to gauge what frustrations their customers are experiencing and be proactive regarding their support. No company should look at their customers that have this type of financial investment in one of their products and be OK with seeing them resort to cracking open the cameras in order to fix a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Well I just today had a rather heated discussion (phone call) with a Yuneec "tech" in Europe. Pretty much said I'm using the copter wrong, but I can send it in anyway if it would make me feel better. Right. Let the games begin!
I seriously doubt Yuneec has a service bench set up to refocus or replace the current lens.

Guys,we know there are issues with video quality on more than a few H's. Its not different to any other issues that users find and report to Yuneec. Once they are reported and logged Yuneec starts to find a solution. No different to DJI or any other bird company out there. (except DJi does not give a toss about issues).

Some of you know that I am holding off because of the video quality. BUT I have seen some amazingly good videos coming out of the H. Also we have the option to replace the lens with a 16mp 4k beauty. (1 option I am seriously considering) Not that hard to do it yourself. (but you will void warranty)

What is this replace the lens with a 16mp 4k you speak of?

Thanks,
Mike

It should not be the burden of the new Yuneec Typhoon H end user to purchase and install or have installed for them a lens in order to correct a known issue.
Well, that was exactly my point in post #37 above.

Edit: It also grates my bones to no end that so called professionals like Bo Lorentzen will sit there in a video smirking and recommending this "upgrade" just a few weeks after swooning over and recommending the Typhoon-H to their apparently gullible viewer base. Adds insult to injury to see folks smugly suggesting to buy this $140 fix to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place!:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Kaz
we shouldn't have to go running out to find a replacement "higher quality" aftermarket lens with our brand new Typhoons. I mean, really...WTF??
%100 agreed. And there is no way to even guarantee that this would fix the problem. Oh, and then there's the part about voiding the warrantee.

As the corporate end of Yuneec seems to be silent on the issue,Maybe time to start pressuring the resellers into doing something.
Yeah? Well here's how it went down with mine: I wrote mine a few weeks ago complaining of the broken microSD slot on the ST16, the video disconnect problem upon landing gear actuation, and the super problematic out of focus video. He apologized and "feels bad about it" and all that jazz, but told me he wasn't set up to neither replace the broken SD slot nor fix the camera. He offered to have me send it back to him which he would just turn around and ship to Yuneec Europe, or I could just ship my Typhoon direct to Yuneec. It's been "interesting" ever since.:(

As the corporate end of Yuneec seems to be silent on the issue,Maybe time to start pressuring the resellers into doing something.

good suggestion. Maybe also posting to Yuneec's FB page as well wouldn't hurt.

The one bit of credit I can give DJI is that on their user forum they seem to have actual employees of DJI or people who have close ties to DJI actively working with folks who post questions and problems to the forum and then forward those issue to DJI. If a company doesn't use social media and only relies on help desk calls to track customers experiences, they will lose out to the competition.

I can only hold my breath that they either replace the camera with one that is NOT defective or at least try and refocus it.

yeah, thats what I said 3 weeks ago when I immediately sent my camera back the day after I received the H. Then after 3 weeks of waiting they sent me another awful / blurry camera (and without the cover BTW). When I called the support people I got a very un-helpful bloke who insisted that the cameras are fully checked out and meet specs before they are shipped. When I pointed out to him that the camera I received had the exact same problem as the first one, he said " well, we cant tell without seeing the footage". When I replied that there are dozens of examples on their (Yuneec) forum he seemed unconcerned. He offered no promise to examine the samples and get back to me or make sure that others who know what they're talking about are paying attention. When asked, he refused to escalate me to someone who knows more about the issue. He offered no commitments at all that they will find a solution, only a vague and half-hearted acknowledgement "some" problem even exists.

If they would simply confirm what everyone suspects, that its a lens issue and they're working on it, then I could justify sitting on this essentially useless copter until they find a solution. Also some of us might opt for purchasing new lenses on our own, but Yuneec has gone completely silent. No input from them at all, so as I told the guy on the phone: if this doesnt get better soon, they're going to end up with a pretty bad PR problem. I'e already contacted my retail outlet to give them the whole story.

yeah, thats what I said 3 weeks ago when I immediately sent my camera back the day after I received the H. Then after 3 weeks of waiting they sent me another awful / blurry camera (and without the cover BTW). When I called the support people I got a very un-helpful bloke who insisted that the cameras are fully checked out and meet specs before they are shipped. When I pointed out to him that the camera I received had the exact same problem as the first one, he said " well, we cant tell without seeing the footage". When I replied that there are dozens of examples on their (Yuneec) forum he seemed unconcerned. He offered no promise to examine the samples and get back to me or make sure that others who know what they're talking about are paying attention. When asked, he refused to escalate me to someone who knows more about the issue. He offered no commitments at all that they will find a solution, only a vague and half-hearted acknowledgement "some" problem even exists.

If they would simply confirm what everyone suspects, that its a lens issue and they're working on it, then I could justify sitting on this essentially useless copter until they find a solution. Also some of us might opt for purchasing new lenses on our own, but Yuneec has gone completely silent. No input from them at all, so as I told the guy on the phone: if this doesnt get better soon, they're going to end up with a pretty bad PR problem. I'e already contacted my retail outlet to give them the whole story.
I feel your pain, Chris. Normally I build my own MR's, but I wanted to buy one of these RTF aerial platforms just because I don't have the time to build and debug one of these myself. I did a ton of research and finally decided on Yuneec, did then a ton of waiting. Low and behold mine arrives in the "second wave" of preorder releases, and is problematic from the getgo. I have no problem flying this machine, mind you (if fact it's a joy to fly). It's just so not-ready-for-primetime that it's making me pull out my hair. Now after all this time she's back on her way to the European headquarters, and all I have to show for it is a lot of money spent and some batteries sitting idling on my shelf. To see some of the bigshots making YouTube videos suggesting we should "upgrade" our lens' to something newer, better, and shinier just puts my blood to a boil. Then there's the smartass "techs" at Yuneec Europe.... :mad:

From what I can see from the limited internal photos and other information on the internet,I question what makes the CGO3+ camera technically different than the CGO3 4K camera in regard to how each captures and processes an image ?

From what I can see from the limited internal photos and other information on the internet,I question what makes the CGO3+ camera technically different than the CGO3 4K camera in regard to how each captures and processes an image ?

I asked the same question. If you look at this thread, one of the other guys that have the same problem flew his H with the CGO3 from his other copter, it was the only good footage he's had so far from his H:
The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

BTW, just found out my retail outlet is out of the H, with no idea when they will receive new ones. I'm done. Full refund. I have issues with DJI, but I'm going to give them another serious look at this point.
Really a shame, as I've said before I love this drone and all its engineering and features, but with a useless camera and unresponsiveness from Yuneec, they just lost a loyal advocate. And I'm going to continue to be noisy about it.

Is there a standardized focus test we can use on the H cameras? Everyone is taking pics of trees, rocks, etc and submitting them for review, but can we use a standardized target that is the same for all of us and that way we'd have a consistent test to submit to Yuneec showing what and where the focus issue are?

Sensor 1.jpg Sensor 2.jpg
I asked the same question. If you look at this thread, one of the other guys that have the same problem flew his H with the CGO3 from his other copter, it was the only good footage he's had so far from his H:
The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)
Here are 2 photos. Top photo is the CGO3 cmos sensor 4K board. Bottom photo is of the CGO3+ cmos sensor 4K board. I have highlighted the contact and soldering points that are similar to each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio