Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO3+ camera has a focus problem. Period.

Hello ChrisP,

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your unsatisfactory experience with our product. We are taking every action possible to make sure that this problem is rectified and we are able to provide the best solution possible to your inconveniences. We have forwarded this thread to our engineers and product managers for further investigating.

-Team Yuneec

Hello ChrisP,

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your unsatisfactory experience with our product. We are taking every action possible to make sure that this problem is rectified and we are able to provide the best solution possible to your inconveniences. We have forwarded this thread to our engineers and product managers for further investigating.

-Team Yuneec

Thank you for very much responding. It's helpful to know that we've been heard on this issue. The challenge for a lot of us however is that the limit of our ability to return these machines for refunds is up in 30 days, so we are left with tough choices. I have only 2 more days to return my H to the retail outlet. When I discussed this issue on the phone with your support person he was clear that is my problem, Yuneec will not extend or back up the return policy of thier resellers.

What assurances can you give us that a solution is forthcoming to everyone with the problem, and that we can count on it enough to risk loosing our right to return the craft for a full refund?

EDIT: Put another way. If I send in my camera again (second one) it seems to me you have a perfect sample camera to use to figure out what the problem is. If I do that can you guarantee I will get a working camera back? Could you even send me a prototype with a better lens (the PEAU 3.97 for example) on it to test in the field?

Last edited:
the quality of the camera in stills mode is shocking IMO, mines takes way better pictures in video mode.

couple of examples below in auto, one in each camera mode.

first one on left is camera mode so full 4k....terrible IMO, i have many just like this. not sure if auto issue or focus. the video is fine i think.

YUN00018.jpg YUN00023.jpg

The problem is that most of us with issues are OUTSIDE the return period. We were sold a system that had a 100Mbps camera and it's less than half that. add a low resolution lens and you pretty much delivered a system that's no where near what was promised. What is Yuneec's plan to make current owners whole?

i think the answer will be tough...it is only 4 weeks and the ST16 is on v2 by looks of it so no doubt we will get that stuck to us too.

i suspect the data rate won't hold water as it will be theory based i suspect....what you going to say yuneec though?

the images on this thread are not befitting of an expensive photo platform.

exactly what i said...theory is one spec and reality is another.

the hardware is perhaps capable of delivering 100 but is throttled down just now, i don't know as i don't work for yuneec.

BUT, if the hardware IS capable of 100 then they can rightly claim it on a box, sucks i know but that is the reality of the world. like your car getting X MPG but you can never get close to it.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Other than power consumption there is no reason to throttle back a transport stream that can handle 100Mbps. They also just end up causing problems for themselves when people start to see that they are only getting 50Mbps max data rate and the Box says 100Mbps.

i am not debating that, my point was the limit i am 99% sure is theoretical based and IF that is the case you can't argue it easily.

however, i am sure Yuneec are listening so may wish to clarify on if it is possible and if so, how.

It doesn't matter a jot what you proved with other products or what you or I think it should be, the fact is it is not near the 100 so contact yuneec if you are unhappy and see what they say.

Ok guys need you to all check your typhoons. I just went to inspect the camera lens on mine by eye and noticed that the gimbal mounting only has 2 of the 4 pins/plugs/clips whatever they are. Does yours only have 2 as well? Look underneath the gimbal should be fairly obvious.

Attachments

• 20160629_195636.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Ok guys need you to all check your typhoons. I just went to inspect the camera lens on mine by eye and noticed that the gimbal mounting only has 2 of the 4 pins/plugs/clips whatever they are. Does yours only have 2 as well? Look underneath the gimbal should be fairly obvious.
2 pins diagonally through the dampening balls is correct.

I posted this several weeks ago. It appears the general consensus is that only two of the four antivibration pins are occupied. Go figure.

Reactions: Adamday331
Two is standard and not just to the Typhoon. For exmple, my Phantom 2 Vision Plus only has two.

Reactions: Adamday331
Thanks was worried they'd fallen out! Certainly feels secure enough. I shined my phone torch at the lens and had a good look at it. It did almost look like a smudge/dirt on the inside but it was hard to tell although my eyesight is pretty good. Was also on the right side of the lens(as the camera sees it). The area I have trouble with. I say it looked like because I can't be certain but could be a possibility.

Thanks was worried they'd fallen out! Certainly feels secure enough. I shined my phone torch at the lens and had a good look at it. It did almost look like a smudge/dirt on the inside but it was hard to tell although my eyesight is pretty good. Was also on the right side of the lens(as the camera sees it). The area I have trouble with. I say it looked like because I can't be certain but could be a possibility.
Hmmm. I wonder if someone at the factory has been fitting the lenses after going to the toilet without washing his/her hands afterwords (Well it is possible LOL)

Seriously, is it possible someone has had sweaty fingers?

If you wish to check the lens on your camera. First take off the glass lens cover. Next, hold the camera facing a window that has soft light (like a window with curtains in front), take your cell phone and get close and focus on the lens, snap a photo. Then review the photo... any imperfections will be visible if they exist.

Hmmm. I wonder if someone at the factory has been fitting the lenses after going to the toilet without washing his/her hands afterwords (Well it is possible LOL)

Seriously, is it possible someone has had sweaty fingers?

The lens, inside anyways, would be 100% spotless. The reason is that the sensor must be spotless (no dust). So I would imagine the lens is fitted to the camera in an environment that is controlled for foreign particles and of course the assembler is wearing gloves. Outside of lens (the part we all see) is susceptible to all forms of smudges, dust, etc.

View attachment 1491 View attachment 1492 Here are 2 photos. Top photo is the CGO3 cmos sensor 4K board. Bottom photo is of the CGO3+ cmos sensor 4K board. I have highlighted the contact and soldering points that are similar to each other.
The boards look similar apart from the fact that one has Sony printed on it and the other has E02-XXYL, this is likely an off the shelf bridge to fit the 51 pin Amberalla ribbon connecting to the assumed A2 processor. Chances are you can drop any compatible sensor on that board.

Also the mounting plate is not glued down, this is therefore an area for dust ingress onto the sensor.

It would be interesting to have it confirmed which exact model of sensor and processor have been used, so far it's all speculative that its some Sony sensor and an Ambaeralla S2 processor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval