Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H crash

Reaction score
Hello!
I recently had a drone crash and this is what happened, I put a fully charged battery and started the drone, all of the sudden it went erratic and shot upward at a very high speed and hit a tree which was 50 feet high and after damage fell straight down. The drone had no control with the controller. Three motor arms have broke, the camera (CGO3+) is broken, 4 propeller also broke. Would I be able to call yuneec for a replacement? Also what was the problem?
Here is the telemetry.
Thanks

Attachments

• Telemetry_00025.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 14
Is their a chance your left stick could be sticky and gave it throttle call yuneec and make them aware that you will be sending it back under warranty if it in the UK you do not need a RMA and you get a answer from the UK yuneec as I have heard guys having a hard time to speak to anyone from the USA side of it

Nope everything on controller is perfectly fine. I will definitely contact them but I dont know if they will repair my drone under a manufacturer warranty.
Thanks

Well if it's not human error and a software fault I dont see why not let us know how u get on someone should be along to check your telemetry I can't do it or I would have done it for you but their is way more experienced guys on here that will have a look for you

Ok thanks for your help, will wait for she one to check the telemetry.
From the telemetry log, it appears that after you started the motors, you were in Smart mode and then switched to Return To Home mode. The aircraft obeyed this command by trying to rise up to the RTH height but at 8 metres up the motors went into Emergency shutdown and the aircraft fell to ground. This presumably is when it met the tree.
Please be aware that when taking off in Smart mode, you need to be at least 8 metres away from the aircraft to provide the safety zone and it is inadvisable to use Smart mode so close to trees.
To check if there was a problem with the controller, you would need to post the logs from the ST16.
Hope this makes the situation a little clearer.

I see pretty much the same thing. However, contact Yuneec and let them decide if there was a problem. They will send you instructions on how to submit the entire flightlog file. Go to this page and click on Contact Support. Then select Live Chat. It's best to do this early in the morning when they open.

Yuneec USA | Support

As Dilly notes, do a careful preflight check before you press Big Red to start the motors. Check all the switches and your location carefully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis