Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Crash

the reason why probably because it stayed up side down for a bit running it wouldn't shut down...

Last edited:
yes yuneec told me to take it there ...they know i didn't buy it there because i had to send in my receipt...

I'm still having problems with the crash description and the high yaw rate. The aircraft descended at just under 10'/second. A true fall starts at 33'/second and doubles every 33' until terminal velocity is attained. If yaw was being held over it would force a descent had it been in a self controlled descent.
Just reading the raw telemetry, the roll, pitch and yaw go crazy while the H is barely moving and then altitude decreases similar to what you would see with hitting an object or a bird strike. The motor status doesn't appear to change until the H is on the ground. However, about a minute later the mode goes back to "Ready" which means the motors have been shut down but no faults detected. There are no errors logged with motors, IMU or any flight systems and the voltage never drops below 15.7 volts. A typical crash would display at least one error and then show Mode 12 which would be an emergency shut down of the motors by the flight controller. The rapid descent could also be from entering VRS which would also display erratic pitch and roll.

No ,when you watch the flight log it on st-16 it shows the one motor going red and then down it came...it wouldn't stop....when was up side down...it all just sucks that all..

That is not what I see in the data. I'm not certain what you are looking at that would show the motor going red.

When I had my H crash on April 26, the following day I contacted Yuneec in California. They said send in all the telemetry files for their review, which I did. After about 3-4 days I called back to get the status of my case. They said it was assigned to a tech for review and I should have an answer in a a couple more days. Within 2 days they sent me an email with an RA number and document but since I am in Canada, they said that the Staples Repair Centre in Mississauga is contracted to do Canadian Yuneec repairs. I boxed up all the pieces in the original backpack and dropped it off to my local Staples. Although it was their first drone repair, they handled it according to their procedure. Since it was a Friday afternoon, the local Staples agent said it would be sent to the Staples Repair Centre first thing Monday morning, also they gave me the phone number of the repair centre. After about 1 1/2 weeks I called the repair centre and "Paul" the tech who was looking after my drone said that after examining it he determined it was a complete write-off and he had had contacted Yuneec to send a complete replacement which was "on its way". About a week later I got a phone call from the local Staples agent saying my drone was there and ready for pick up. Within a couple of hours, I went to the local Staples and picked it up. The total time from the day I crashed until the day I picked up the replacement (BTW a complete new Tyhoon H Pro kit!) was 4 weeks.
Interesting that is. Thinking I am.

Reactions: ColFun
...<snip>...

dji kills yuneec costumers service I have a phantom 4 that needed to be repaired it was all looked after and shipped Within 24 hours ...<snip>
It's this bit that troubles me.
Generally speaking, it is a given that dji's CS is inferior to Yuneec's. There are exceptions...there always is...but no matter how good any UAV manufacturer's Customer Service is I find it hard to swallow that it will be all sorted within 24 hrs.
As well as a H I also own a Phantom so I know all about dji's CS and my experience ain't the same as yours
Just saying.

But from telemetry p.o.v. (00017) the motor1 stops after it hit the ground. Altitude is 19cm at this time.
Moto1_off.png
So, it will be a challenge to blame Yuneec for it. Unfortunately I miss the Remote_00017.csv to say more.
br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Capture.JPG if i remember it was the left centre one that just had the problem, but it shouldn't of crash with 5 motors ...if you can put the flight log in your st-16 a watch it ...screen shots

Last edited:
One of the problems with this claim of a crash due to motor out is how the H was said to have performed after the motor failed. It has been conclusively established the H remains fully controllable after a single motor failure. There have also been quite a few examples of an H demonstrating rapid yaw after a motor failure, but only when yaw control was being input by the operator. It's very easy to understand why an H experiencing a motor failure would descend when it is being spun like a top using yaw. The power normally used to maintain altitude and stability is being consumed by the yaw command.

Another problem is the event description does not fit the telemetry. When the description and telemetry are in conflict, which is wrong? I'll leave that for each to form their own opinion.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Front left is Motor 1. It reports failure at the ground, not earlier. But from the yaw, pitch, roll I can see that there must be something happen before. Could it be, that a propeller was flown away? Motor will then still rotate and no error will be reported. And no 5-Rotor Mode...

There is no obstacle nearby when the trouble begins. But maybe a bird... That's right Steve.

BTW, this minus altitude is fail after crash, normal in such cases, also the compass errors after crash. No worry about this.

Show also Remote_00017.csv for more information.

br HE

Last edited:
From what I remember the typhoon H was in the air and I was watching it I will try to get a Camera set and I could see one motor starting to stop and the drone start to come down sideways i tried to stop it and get it back in control but it didn't it didn't work ... it landed on the camera and on the arms when hit the ground . It hit the ground hard enough now the arms are wedged up and they wouldn't fold down .
h-elsner Did you watch it on your st-16...?

But good news ,this afternoon staples finally send it off to the repair facility so hopefully it gets there .But yuneec still hasn't called me back....

Front left is Motor 1. It reports failure at the ground, not earlier. But from the yaw, pitch, roll I can see that there must be something happen before. Could it be, that a propeller was flown away? Motor will then still rotate and no error will be reported. And no 5-Rotor Mode...
If a rotor comes off, the motor would overspeed because of the lack of drag, and shortly thereafter shut down. The TH should still enter 5-motor mode in that case.

Yep, that was publicly established in 5 rotor tests shown in YouTube where a prop was removed before take off. The H entered 5 rotor mode quickly after arming.

Last edited:
Edit..... Apologies, I thought you were in the UK but I might be wrong... Your location does not make it clear but I'm thinking perhaps you are not as this does not ring true to the experience that you'd have in the UK?....

Yuneec in the UK have the fairest and best customer service that I have ever come across. Just give them some time and they will help sort your problem out. They really are awesome. Very on the game indeed. If this was a fault with the H it;s self then they'll help in any way they can. If it is deemed to be pilot error then my experience and others that I have spoken to are they are extremely helpful and understanding.....

I don;t have any affiliation with them apart from I am a customer... It is the single reason that I stay with them. They don't have the best product on the marketplace now, they know they have some catching up to do but every one of them in the UK office tries their hardest. Please just be patient and they will help you...

h-elsner Did you watch it on your st-16...?
I don't have a ST16 and if I would, what can I see there? For FlightLog I have a Windows (or LINUX) application to evaluate and display the data (the screenshots above). This is better to see what's happen. The Motor error is for sure not in the air but on the ground, as it hits the ground. So I guess, there must be something else that caused the massive pitch, yaw, roll changes before it gone down.

br HE

When you watch the flight log on the ST 16 shows you the drone the angle of the drone and it'll show you one of the motors going to red while I was in the air then camping down and then it shows the going upside down

If such is the case, and I'm being very gracious with that, it's fun seeing how they squirm when they get caught up in attempts to fabricate data. In another forum their "spin" is a way of life, and changes with each new post;)

Hi.. everyone I had my Typhoon H pro crash weeks ago and still trying to get it shipped off to yuneec . I had the drone up about 90 feet up just sitting there and one motor just stop and down it came ...I though it was spouse to fly with five motors but it didn't . the wind was blowing about 10km ...the drone was bought new in December . Too bad I didn't have the video recording .

yuneec had to see all the flight logs to approve the Drone failed. Which took a week to get it approved for repair are replace the drone has some really good damage to the camera and to realsense and to the drone arms, Yuneec has the worst service .

dji kills yuneec costumers service I have a phantom 4 that needed to be repaired it was all looked after and shipped Within 24 hours ...

Its still sitting at staples waiting to be shipped for repair .. And keep calling and waiting for yuneec...!!! Yuneec Has not picked up the shipping ..yet..!

Will Never Buy A Yuneec Again ....!!!!!!!

Here's the telemetry

Sorry just venting ....

I've never tried the Staples repair venue and hope that I never have to. When Yuneec in the US handled the repairs, everything was great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss