Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Dashware using S16 telemetry data

RBC

Reaction score
I have noticed a number of videos where the Typhoon H Dashware was used. It looks like a headsup display on the video showing altitude, speed, distance traveled, and a map of the H's path. Does anyone know where this Dashware is? Is it an app on the ST16?

Pretty cool stuff. Yea Go-Pro bought them but the original software is still available and free. Go-Pro doing the same thing it did when the camera first came out. They bought a company that made a different type of codec. Instead of block based its whole image based. The reason Go-Pro video looks as good as it does. I won't be buying anything from them after the way they treated people that already owned that codec before they bought the company. Paid a little over 500 bucks for that piece of software only to have them ask for more money to fully use it.

I noticed the Dashware application is PC based. I wish they also had a Mac based one as I don't have a PC.

Yea me too I use bootcamp on my mini to run it. Also have linux on my mini. I use all 3 os's to work on my other robot so the mini is great.

I noticed the Dashware application is PC based. I wish they also had a Mac based one as I don't have a PC.

Just run windows in a VM like parallels. I am a PC guy but you can easily run a PC OS on a MAC.

Just run windows in a VM like parallels. I am a PC guy but you can easily run a PC OS on a MAC.
Of course that's what I do I was responding to one of folks who said they were "too cheap" to buy windoze...I use VM Fusion to
run the Yuneec GUI and other apps on my MacBook Pro

Does Dashboard run well that way? Seems like processing 4k video in a VM would be really slow. Have you checked out ExMaps? www.exmaps.com Uploaded one of my flights to it yesterday. Even with the free account you get a ton of information back from your telemetry file. Even a movie showing the UAV flying the route you took in 3D. Run your cursor along the other graphs to see the actual data points.

Does Dashboard run well that way? Seems like processing 4k video in a VM would be really slow. Have you checked out ExMaps? www.exmaps.com Uploaded one of my flights to it yesterday. Even with the free account you get a ton of information back from your telemetry file. Even a movie showing the UAV flying the route you took in 3D. Run your cursor along the other graphs to see the actual data points.
How much does it cost for ExMaps if you buy it?

Its web based. I just figured out how to share my flight so check this link and you will see what you get for free.Telemetry_00007.csv the full ride is 9.90 a month. Doesn't do what dashboard does but its a nice piece of software for looking at your telemetry files. The map pic is actually a movie hit the play button and it goes through the flight.

That is a valid point. I have not used dashware myself but I assume it processes everything to a file that you could play on the MAC side. It may not be as fast in processing the file but if it gets the job done...

I thought you just told it what file to use for the telemetry data and what video file to use then specified what "gadgets" you want on screen and where to put them, then it just generates a video combining all the data.

I am unsure how much real time manipulation is required before and after the processing.

You are right, that may be one of those apps that won't run fast enough in a VM. Someone would have to try it.

i dont think dashware can process 4k video tho

Whatever the size it has to re render the video to add in the overlays. Rendering is pretty cpu intensive is the reason I thought the performance might be compromised. Just installed all the stuff so I'm going to see if it works. I'll see if it can handle 4K.

Whatever the size it has to re render the video to add in the overlays. Rendering is pretty cpu intensive is the reason I thought the performance might be compromised. Just installed all the stuff so I'm going to see if it works. I'll see if it can handle 4K.
i have an i 7 with 32gb ram and that wouldnt render i seem to remember contacting them and the reply was in cant do it

Havent tried to render yet but it plays it on my i7 in dashware so it should render as well. Found out that it will make an overlay file so I can use Vegas for the final mix. So once the footage and telemetry file are aligned you just render the overlay. That should be much quicker and take less computer resources. Playback at 4K is still not totally smooth on my machine in Vegas but even at 1080 its not smooth on the best quality setting. Mac plays it smoothly after you have played it through once. I've seen some 4K footage with the overlays so there must be a way to do it the spacing wouldn't be right if you did the overlay at 1080 then tried to put it back on 4K footage. This was right along the bottom and right up to both bottom corners. Might have zoomed it or something like that but it didn't look that way. I have a pair of 660TI gpu's in my box that might be the difference. I guess you have to use the ST2dash program with the H. The video I saw of H video with overlays didn't have all the fields active so there are some differences between the two telemetry files.

As of yet, Dashware doesn't support 4K. You need to down scale to 1080p. When I first started using Dashware, I kept importing my 4K video file and nothing would happen. After checking around I came to realize it doesn't support 4K.

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
Hi Guys
I´m testing this "DashWare", but it wants a "Data profile" when adding the data file.....Yuneec og Typhoon H is not one of the selectables....which one should I use, to get as much from the data as possible?
Tnx.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval