Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tossing this S16...

Reaction score
So in reading the threads there is no other way to bind a typhoon H S16 flight controller to another drone, I have made the change to DJI and couldn't be happier. But before I toss this absolutely useless controller I just thought I'd try one last time.....

Question: As I understand it, there is no way to bind the typhoon H S16 controller to another drone such as my DJI Mavick air 2 correct? (FYI in case any of you guys chime in with the "download DJI go app to your S16" yeah that no longer works, Yuneec saw to that.)

If you load the Go app it would only be for display purposes. You would still need the DJI controller to control the Air 2. You can download the apk file and side load it, but the Android version of the ST16 tablet is only v4.4.4 so not sure it would even run on it.

You might consider selling the ST16 in the classifieds here on the forum. People are always looking for a second or replacement ST16.

If you load the Go app it would only be for display purposes. You would still need the DJI controller to control the Air 2. You can download the apk file and side load it, but the Android version of the ST16 tablet is only v4.4.4 so not sure it would even run on it.

You might consider selling the ST16 in the classifieds here on the forum. People are always looking for a second or replacement ST16.
i tried my man, i posted a listing a month ago for it and an extra backpack carrying case, no replies. i hate clutter so im gonna strip it for the battery and parts and toss it. thank you for the reply though!

Are you happy with the great visual display on the DJI controller?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris Koch
i tried my man, i posted a listing a month ago for it and an extra backpack carrying case, no replies. i hate clutter so im gonna strip it for the battery and parts and toss it. thank you for the reply though!
If you are going to strip it and toss it, I will offer $20 for it. I would use it for experimentation purposes for trying to make it useful for other projects, which likely won't work but will be run to try.

I have had some luck using the ST16 and ST10 to control other drones, but it does require a yuneec receiver and a micro controller. CGO3+ camera mount on RC?

Ideally I would like to figure out how to program my own zigbee module to replace the yuneec receiver but I haven't spent to much time doing it yet.

I would offer to buy the backpack also, but I suspect shipping would be too costly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33