Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Dual Battery Type Modification

Yuneec Skins

The Yuneec Parts Guy
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
yuneecskins.com
I have been working on Modifications to 1 of my Typhoon H-Pro's to allow using OEM & Aftermarket Batteries without having to use a Battery Adaptor.
Finally had a chance to Test Fly it when the Smoke from all the Wildfire's here in Northern California finally started to get pushed out by the Wind from the Pacific Ocean.
I had a Backlog of Test Fly's to Perform on Customer Repairs, so I Hovered the Modified Typhoon H with the New 85c 14.8V 7200 mah Battery at 100' and left it there while I worked on the other test fly's.
I left it in the Hover for 14-1/2 minutes, landed it and still had 50% Capacity left on the Battery. I would have let it Hover for Longer but since the Battery was New, I landed to make sure the Battery was not overheating, after Landing I removed the Battery and was Happy it was just warm to the Touch.
I will Test it again when I get the Chance, and am Hoping for 25 minutes + Flight Time.
I will Follow Up when I have a chance to Fly again.....Stay Tuned......;)

Reaction score
I have been working on Modifications to 1 of my Typhoon H-Pro's to allow using OEM & Aftermarket Batteries without having to use a Battery Adaptor.
Finally had a chance to Test Fly it when the Smoke from all the Wildfire's here in Northern California finally started to get pushed out by the Wind from the Pacific Ocean.
I had a Backlog of Test Fly's to Perform on Customer Repairs, so I Hovered the Modified Typhoon H with the New 85c 14.8V 7200 mah Battery at 100' and left it there while I worked on the other test fly's.
I left it in the Hover for 14-1/2 minutes, landed it and still had 50% Capacity left on the Battery. I would have let it Hover for Longer but since the Battery was New, I landed to make sure the Battery was not overheating, after Landing I removed the Battery and was Happy it was just warm to the Touch.
I will Test it again when I get the Chance, and am Hoping for 25 minutes + Flight Time.

Awesome
I can't wait to see your results.
Keith Kuhn
People like you are keeping yuneec alive.
I truly love my H 480

Reactions: Yuneec Skins

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
An interesting mod. Curious to see if you have any GPS issues. Please keep us updated. 👍

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

davemh

Premium Pilot
Reaction score

Did similar mod some time ago!

Attachments

• H Plus Battery Mod.jpg
    H Plus Battery Mod.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yuneec Skins

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@davemh , should be back in the area by the end of October. I can’t believe all the BS going on with the TV developers. Hope to see you before long.

Reactions: davemh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zorakk