Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H firmware problems

Reaction score
Hi

I had problems to update my typhoon h.

I followed the steps and flashed the TH
and now i still cant update. So i dont have any firmware at all.
It wont start updating and says update fail.

Which specific model were you updating, Typhoon H, Typhoon H Pro, or Typhoon H Plus?

Were you updating via SD card or OTA?

Typhoon H. Updating via SD card. It doesnt make any difference if i have the SD card in or out.
It says update in progress and counts up to 100 %. Then it says update failed camera error.
Whats ota?

What's your current Firmware? There's nothing new after March 2017.

What's your current Firmware?

The problem is that i flashed the typhoon according to instructions on yuneecs youtube channel and now thers is no firmware at all installed and it wont install the New.

Typhoon H. Updating via SD card. It doesnt make any difference if i have the SD card in or out.
It says update in progress and counts up to 100 %. Then it says update failed camera error.
Whats ota?

OTA is Over The Air or via internet. I asked the other questions as the TH Plus only has OTA updating and we needed to know which aircraft since this was posted in the general forum.

Did you place the SD card in the camera after updating the ST-16?

Is this the video you watched?

Last edited:
Reactions: John Eftimiades
OTA is Over The Air or via internet. I asked the other questions as the TH Plus only has OTA updating and we needed to know which aircraft since this was posted in the general forum.

Did you place the SD card in the camera after updating the ST-16?

Yes.

After updating the ST-16 and before binding to the TH and CGO3+ is when the SD card needs to go in the camera, he added that as an afterthought in the video. The SD card needs to be there to unpack the camera firmware or it will fail.

After updating the ST-16 and before binding to the TH and CGO3+ is when the SD card needs to go in the camera, he added that as an afterthought in the video. The SD card needs to be there to unpack the camera firmware or it will fail.

Im not shure if i did it in that order.. I try it tomorrow again.
Thank you for support

Did you have anything else on the SD card? You can only have the firmware file on the card.

If it still doesn’t work properly contact Yuneec CS to see what they suggest.

Did you have anything else on the SD card? You can only have the firmware file on the card.

If it still doesn’t work properly contact Yuneec CS to see what they suggest.

Downloaded old firmware and suddenly it worked to update via OTA.

Now its airbourne... thanks for all support

Reactions: DoomMeister
Just curious, when you tried updating via SD card before, did you unpack the files before loading them on the card?

If you had the system would not read the files. They have to be uploaded as zipped files.

I didnt unpack them.
I tried with another SD card.
It asked for connection to my wifi and after logging on to my wifi it started download and update itself.

Now it works perfect

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval