Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Firmware update issues among other things

Reaction score
I received a new Typhoon H, (aircraft only), thanks to Yuneec's generosity after a fatal flyaway.

5 minutes into my first flight, with the original ST16, I get a warning to land immediately in angle mode and re calibrate the compass. So I did, and it said successful however I didn't get the solid green light.
So, thinking I'd better try to re calibrate again, I'm getting "No GPS signal. Fly in manual mode"
Thinking maybe I was too close to power lines or something, I walked to an open park and retried. But I kept getting "No GPS"
My first inclination was to try updating the H firmware. So I downloaded the upgrade, went through the procedure, it said update successful, restart. So I did, and the firmware is the previous version before upgrade. And still getting "No GPS".
So I tried again by re-downloading the firmware update and going through the procedure all over. Same result. After restarting the controller and aircraft, firmware was original version. Thought maybe I would try upgrading the controller firmware. Downloaded that and when trying to upgrade the controller says "No upgrade package found" Not sure if it is relevant but my Realsense Version shows N/A. Is that a problem?
Long story short, everything I've tried to do today failed and I'm still getting "No GPS"
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thank You

If you try multiple things and keep getting the same result, might you have a bad GPS???? Contact Yuneec.

I did PatR. Waiting for a response.
But I'm starting to think the the fatal flyaway might have been from a faulty controller or at least partially.

Remove all the files SD card except the upgrade file and try the upgrade again.

The flyaway was most likely due to severe conflict between the compass and GPS due to a defective compass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy