Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Flight Controller Failure.

Reaction score
While calibrating the accelerometer of the Typhoon H, I cannot get past the white led in the rear.
I am calibrating on a wooden, level surface.
I was able to get through the process prior to a firmware update.

Formatted the sd card, copied the .bin file, inserted the sd card into the camera and updated the Flight Controller.
I feel as though I have created this problem.
Just do not know how.
I do not believe that the firmware is the cause.

The room is very cool, I received no warnings on the ST16 during the process.
After connecting to the GUI, the IMU has a green check mark beside of it.
Although I calibrated before the update, the drone is constantly yawing couterclockwise and the pitch is around -4.2 degrees off when viewing it on the GUI.
The Typhoon H has been in storage for about 6 months.
Is it possible that the flight controller just went bad or am I too deep in the weeds?
Any input would help me keep some of my hair.
Thanks Guys.

I think this has nothing to do with the flight controller, but with the ST-16 remote control.
Check in the hardware monitor if all values go to zero when you move the sticks.
If not, this is your problem.
Calibrate the sticks... if this does not help, clean the sticks.

Best regards, Enrico

Is the yawing in flight or on the GUI? If you power the system on outside do you ever get GPS Ready or does it stay in the acquiring state?

What firmware version were you updating from and to?

Do you have another ST16 you can bind the aircraft to?

Is the yawing in flight or on the GUI? If you power the system on outside do you ever get GPS Ready or does it stay in the acquiring state?

What firmware version were you updating from and to?

Do you have another ST16 you can bind the aircraft to?
The yawing is in the GUI.

When powered up outside, GPS stays in the acquiring state.
Due to this, I tested the gps battery voltage. 2.4volts

ST16 shows 16-18 satelites.
Aircraft shows 10-12.
I have powered up the controller and aircraft and allowed the unit to sit outside for over 30 minutes.

Current Firmware
ST16/ System Version - v03.01.b30
APK - vo1.00.45

Typhoon H/Auto Pilot-v1.35
Gimbal- v1.25
Camera- v3.2.34

In my haste, I did not take note of the firmware version prior to the update.
Thank you for the reply!

I think this has nothing to do with the flight controller, but with the ST-16 remote control.
Check in the hardware monitor if all values go to zero when you move the sticks.
If not, this is your problem.
Calibrate the sticks... if this does not help, clean the sticks.

Best regards, Enrico
Thank you for the response.
I understand your logic.

I have cleaned and calibrated the ST16.
I have taken note in the hardware monitor, of the ST16, that the controls are all holding zero value at center point with no drift.

Believe me, I wish that were the problem.
Already going bald as it is.
Gotta admit, this one has me scratching on new ground. :)

This is exhibiting the telltale signs of an IMU gone bad on the Flight Controller. Unfortunately nobody has found one suitable to replace the one used, so replacing the F/C has been the only option in most cases.

@h-elsner has done some research on this phenomena and here is a link to one of his posts for more information. GPS Acquiring Problem

You might check with @h-elsner about flashing the F/C with an earlier firmware to try and recover this one. He and a couple other members have used that to revive an F/C in this state.

This is exhibiting the telltale signs of an IMU gone bad on the Flight Controller. Unfortunately nobody has found one suitable to replace the one used, so replacing the F/C has been the only option in most cases.

@h-elsner has done some research on this phenomena and here is a link to one of his posts for more information. GPS Acquiring Problem

You might check with @h-elsner about flashing the F/C with an earlier firmware to try and recover this one. He and a couple other members have used that to revive an F/C in this state.
Thank you so much for the feed and direction!
Class Act!

Reactions: WTFDproject
This list of 4 issues would indicate the Flight Controller may have a problem.
Check each on your aircraft to see what results you get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech