Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H gimbal rubber bumpers

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, my craft flipped upside down. (Hate it when spectators distract me.)

I just noticed the other day that 2 of the rubber bumpers on the gimbal plate have come out of the upper portion of the mounting plate. They appear to be okay.

Is there a way to separate the upper gimbal plate from the lower one where the bottom of the bumpers are also 'attached' ?

I've tried, but it seems the upper plate doesn't want to come out.
(A video of someone doing this would be great.)

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen a video, but can't find it now. The method that was described in it involved winding a bit of wire around the lip of the grommet to compress it, and then pulling the wire through the hole of the plastic gimbal base. I tried that, and it didn't work for me.

What I wound up doing is to use a pair of electronics needlenose pliers to pinch the center of the grommet and shove the top through the hole of the plastic gimbal base from below.

Also, while all four corners of the gimbal should have rubber grommets, only two diagonally opposed corners will have retainers pins in them. The pins can be separated by pulling on the plastic washer and forcing the washer over the spherical end of the pin.

You can remove the outer cover frame, it is only clipped.
Then the bumpers are free. Do not try to separate the plates
they are fixed for two time

yuncgo3p105_1.jpg

This is only a protectoring cover

yuneec-typhoon-h-rubber-dampers-protective-cover-yuncgo3p104_grande.png

You can remove the outer cover frame, it is only clipped.
Then the bumpers are free. Do not try to separate the plates
they are fixed for two time

yuncgo3p105_1.jpg

This is only a protectoring cover

yuneec-typhoon-h-rubber-dampers-protective-cover-yuncgo3p104_grande.png

How do you get the protection cover off?
(That's what I'm having problems getting off.)

How do you get the protection cover off?
(That's what I'm having problems getting off.)

The cover is only snaped in from the top. Look at the picture, there are 2x2 little noses, that's all

The cover is only snaped in from the top. Look at the picture, there are 2x2 little noses, that's all

Okay.
Thanks, got it off.
(I was worried about snapping the plastic.)

I carry a piece of string with my kit. Take a piece about 6-9 inches long, longer if you want. Wrap the string around the last section of the Rubber Bumper 2-3 times keeping 3-4 inches from both end of the string extended. Take the two ends and put them through the hole of the gimbal plate. While holding one end of the string, gently pull the other end up from the bumper, as the string unwinds coming through the hole, it will pull the bumper through. Takes about 30 seconds for the whole process. It is the same technique to remove a ring from a swollen finger. I don't have a video of the above, but here is one of the finger to give you an idea how it works.

If you need help, msg me.

Reactions: abinder
Just tried removing the top cover plate and found it very simple. It's just too easy not to do it if needing to re-seat a vibration damper ball. You could even add a safety loop for the two corners that don't have pin safeties. The damper balls are pretty much the same in principle design as those that have been in use with Tarot and Arris type gimbals for a long time. Quite simple to correct or replace if necessary.

Reactions: abinder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval