Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H in New Zealand

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the H to New Zealand? I saw a video of someone that took a DJI over there and had trouble with GPS stability due to high magnetic declination values. The issues were resolved when he upgraded his firmware. I plan on going in late March and was mulling over taking my H to get some (hopefully) good shots of what is supposed to be a drop-dead gorgeous country. Has anyone done this, and did you have any issues with the bird flying properly? Are there any NZ equivalent of FAA-type issues with flying there? Thanks

As long as you do a compass cal you should have no problems. Since the declination seems to vary in short distances, it would be good to do a cal everytime you change locations more than 50 miles. Remove the props and camera before calibrating.
Also be aware the GPS can take up to 12.5 minutes to finish updating when you travel great distances. Allow the H to sit after bootup, with the motors off, for that long on your first flight.

Thanks Steve, don't know that I'm going to get to take the H with me, but at least I now have a little more knowledge in case I can. Thanks for your help.

Has anyone taken the H to New Zealand? I saw a video of someone that took a DJI over there and had trouble with GPS stability due to high magnetic declination values. The issues were resolved when he upgraded his firmware. I plan on going in late March and was mulling over taking my H to get some (hopefully) good shots of what is supposed to be a drop-dead gorgeous country. Has anyone done this, and did you have any issues with the bird flying properly? Are there any NZ equivalent of FAA-type issues with flying there? Thanks

I own a Typhoon H and it works fine in NZ. Mine possibly has the updated GPS module. I bought mine from Amazon US before Christmas. Yes, there are rules. You can't fly above 120m or 400 feet or out of line of sight or at night time. You can't fly over anyone's property without permission. Check this site out Find a drone operator | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs
Thanks, Mark

Last edited:
I own a Typhoon H and it works fine in NZ. Mine possibly has the updated GPS module. I bought mine from Amazon US before Christmas. Yes, there are rules. You can't fly above 120m or 400 feet or out of line of sight or at night time. You can't fly over anyone's property without permission. Check this site out Find a drone operator | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs
Thanks, Mark
Thanks for the information, Mark. I don't know yet if I'm going to take it, but the Airshare hub has some good information. I appreciate your help. David

Reactions: mjdemon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33