Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Landing Gear Motor Failures

Reaction score
I had 45 flights on my first H when the port side landing gear failed in the up position and I returned it to Best Buy for a new unit.

My second H has 75 flights on it and by chance the port side landing gear also failed in the same way.this past weekend.

I'm posting for those that may not be aware that this failure is a common problem. The good news is, it's a very easy fix with a $30 replacement landing gear motor and about the time it takes me to drink a Bud Light (10 minutes tops). Mileage may vary.

The fix involves removing two small metric allen head cap screws to release the landing gear motor from the body of the H and one small phillips head screw to release and replace the landing gear strut. Move the external antenna tube out of the way while removing the landing gear motor to avoid damage to the antenna wire in the process. Reverse the process when installing the new motor and be prepared that inserting the new motor into the body of the H will offer some resistance before it snaps into place.

I battled with the issue of returning the second H which is only 6 weeks old, instead of fixing it myself at my cost. It's frustrating to pay what we do for these units for these types of failures and pay for the fix, especially when the unit has not been abused or crashed. But in the end it only cost me $30 and a few minutes of my time and I'm back in the air. I've learned that once you "burn in" one of these sophisticated flying electronic systems and get it flying well, don't sweat the small stuff.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430