Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H landing gear

Reaction score
I have a typhoon
The landing gear is not working properly.

When I try to make the landing gear go up it will not.

Watched a video on landing gear.
Turned the drone upside down. Preformed the test in the video. One will up about 1/4 of the way. I can also hear the motor run. The other side I hear nothing.

Looked at another video.

I took them both off the drone.
Used a 9 volt to test them. They worked fine.

I also tried cleaning the thermals.
Where do I go from here?

Thank you
Mike

The landing gear motors running with 5V. A test with 9V may not be representative. I test with 3V. "One will up about 1/4 of the way" sounds for me like a broken actuator YUNTYH131.
YUNTYH131_broken.jpg
Another known problem is a bent shaft.

br HE

Attachments

• LG_shaft_repair.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 34
  • Love
Reactions: WTFDproject
I did the test you suggested.
The one that went a 1/4 of the way up went all the way up and down.
I switched it to the other side it worked fine.
Sounds like I have a bad Actuator.

Is there a left and right side?
Thank you
Mike

Reactions: WTFDproject
Sounds like I have a bad Actuator.

John Mitchell has them on the Yuneec Skins Website at

Left and right are the same.

As noted by @h-elsner, the common failures are the broken Yoke and bent shaft. It may be possible to repair the one that does not work. At least if it's just a bent shaft. Replacement yokes are hard to find now days.

Yoke only: YUNTYH131
Complete Module: YUNTYH109

Last edited:
No, they are both identical.

These units are very simple in terms of construction and therefore repairing them is very easy. Unfortunately it is close to impossible to source any spare parts other than the motor/gear unit which is a standard part.

They break very easy during a hard landing. Therefore I strongly recommend to keep the damaged actuator and use it as a donor if another breaks.

No, they are both identical.

These units are very simple in terms of construction and therefore repairing them is very easy. Unfortunately it is close to impossible to source any spare parts other than the motor/gear unit which is a standard part.

They break very easy during a hard landing. Therefore I strongly recommend to keep the damaged actuator and use it as a donor if another breaks.
I have seen threads stating to land the H with the rabbit mode near the centre position or there about, to eliminate the hard landing????

I have seen threads stating to land the H with the rabbit mode near the centre position or there about, to eliminate the hard landing????
Usually I place the slider in turtle mode during final approach. It reduces the corrections made by the flightcontroller. Especially on rough terrain the Typhoon H sometimes reacts a little bit weird. Mine even flipped over once or twice. This will also reduce the speed on which you are allowed to descend so your landing gear is a little saver.

Placing the Rate slider in Turtle position when landing can prevent the motors being able to idle down after touchdown which can lead to the hop, skip, and flip syndrome.

It is better to have the Rate slider at Rabbit and use very minor stick inputs for corrections and once on the ground give full negative throttle so motors will go to idle.

The F/C needs to see throttle near zero once you touchdown to send the signal for idle speed. To test what the final output is with the Rate slider at Turtle and Rabbit positions double tap the Volts readout to bring up the Final Output display and compare the values on CH1 with full throttle down with the Rate slider at maximum and minimum position.

Když jsi zkoušel a nejde to, dej levou nohu na pravou. no pokus.

This you tube video covers a lot more than removing the landing gear actuator, but the section between about 20 seconds and 35 seconds shows the screws and how to slide the actuator/landing gear out:

How about having to remove the front left wheel on a Fire truck to be able to change the oil filter?

At least this only requires two screws to remove. They are also quite easy to repair if necessary. Of course learning to land properly usually negates the necessity to do so.

Sometimes the Tips on the Short Side of the Actuator Yoke Break Off inside the Module, and prevent the Landing Gear for that Module from Raising or Lowering Completely. Remove the Retract Module in question, and separate the 2 halves of the Module housing with a Small Phillips Screw Driver to check for Broken Pieces that may be prevent it from operating correctly.
Typhoon H480 & H480Pro 10.2.png

Typhoon H_H-Pro_H+_H520 Broken Landing Gear 10.1.png
Typhoon H_H-Pro_H+_H520 Broken Landing Gear 10.0.png

When it's windy or I sometimes gather a crowd, (happens more times than I like to admit.) I will hand catch the H. I know some say not too. But I find it safer than the bounce it usually does. And if I'm at the beach, it keeps the sand from flying up. I have a mat to take off from but it's not very large and if you come down not exactly in the center one or more props will kick sand.
Pete.

I also like the hand catch when flat level ground is not handy. Proper hand catch is actually quite easy.

Reactions: wrench567

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval