Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H lost video signal and stop recording

Reaction score
Hi here
Last week I bought a new Typhoon H, during my first flight I lost the video signal on the controller, I was not far more than 200 mt and my flight altitudine was 40mt.
I landed without problems, but when I saw the video I remarked that it stopped recording when I lost the wifi connection.
Anyone had the same trouble and know the soluzione?
Thank everybody

Some of us have had this happen when the landing gear is raised. It seems to be an issue with the European firmware.
If you start and stop the camera again, the video you were filming when the camera disconnected should become available. Doing this allows the camera to finish writing the mp4 file.
Have you updated the Typhoon to the latest firmware? I haven't seen any complaints about disconnects since the firmware was released 2 days ago and hope the update may have solved this problem.

Good evening from Greece. It happened to me the same thing but after upgrading the firmware the problem seems to be solved. But I have a new problem . When I 'm working the follow me function with a value of exactly 15 meters , the ST16 screen froze and I had no video signal but the H continues to follow me normally . All this after seven minutes of flight , but when I played on the computer I saw that the video was not interrupted and the recording was normally continue.

Please Sarantos, can you tell me which version of firmware you installed.
I updated right now to the last version on the European Yuneec website but my trouble don't stopped. Now I have a new problem: when I turn on the drone it doesn't connect via Wi-Fi, only the rc connection works, and I have to bind the drone with the camera manually...
Maybe I have to send it to assistance...

the new Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b23 and Firmware Typhoon H EU Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.26, Camera:v3.2.13
Please try this

Duly, or this, step 11. I don't think you have bound the camera to the ST16.
If you get it working don't forget to do the compass and accelerometer calibrations.

Sarantos, thats a long time to be without the video link. Was the ST16 facing the Typhoon? I've had video dropouts for very short periods, seconds or less. But nothing like minutes. You said the RC link was good?

Last edited:
the connection is excellent .The image was frozen for more than two minutes , but the handling of the drone was excellent . Try through the pad settings to do again connect to the network of typhoon

Yes, when the camera link drops out, the image freezes. If it happens again I'd give Yuneec a call. If that is difficult for you, you might try doing the update again.

Graham , the drone was over my head at a height of 15 meters when the image froze . I landing it after two minutes I automatically deactivate and reactivate all ok . This does not only when, before the flight do I Bind.

Even when the camera and the st16 have connected and I have the image light in CGO still flashing , it remains stable only after I Bind the camera.

Sarantos, are you saying that the camera loses bind with the ST16?
If that is the case I would try doing the update again.

update on the typhoon and the ST 16 or only on the Typhoon ?? sorry Graham but my English is terrible. Thank you for your time .

Graham
Gift for your help a video that I did with Yuneec. Too much sun sea summer Greece summer times .... Thank you again .

Sarantos, your English is better than my Greek!
Beautiful country. Great video:).
I would do the update on the camera first and see if that solves your problem. If not, do the ST16 too.
If you still have problems, I would contact Yuneec.
I took the photo below last weekend.

Attachments

• Lough Hyne.jpg
    Lough Hyne.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
Hi Graham,
I updated boh the firmware and now all works better and I didn't loose the wifi signal with the camera and the video don't stop recording...
Thank you for this, the only think is that wifi connection takes several minutes (3-5 mn) before working... Is it normal?

Duly,
The first version of the European firmware could take up to 5 mins to connect. Since the second version of the firmware came out in July, most (all?) are taking about 1.5 mins to connect. I don't know why yours might take several mins. You could try installing the new (September) firmware again. If the problem persists, I would contact Yuneec. Hope this helps.

Now it works well!!!
I updated both the firmware again and now The wifi connection takes only 1-2 mns to bind rc and aircraft!
Thank you Graham

i update both but stil sometimes camera not recording.Although on st 16 shows that is recording

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval