Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H mods/accessories

Reaction score
I'm curious on what mods people are doing with there Typhoon H. I've seen a few good ones on here. Ty Pilot's transmitter tray is pretty slick along with his sun shade and screen capture device on top of it. Usherranch just posted his set up with an additional screen in his truck for viewing. Anyone else out there have ideas like this that adds to the enjoyment of the hobby? Links on the bottom for both of those posts.

Ty Pilot
Custom typhoon h setup

Usherranch
Curve Cable Cam Video

Reactions: 2dextreme
Here's one mod I've applied to both my TH480 birds. I didn't invent this mod but got the idea from more experienced pilots in this forum.

I eliminated the pins and clips replacing them with nylon cable ties along with getting rid of the "protective cover" for the dampers. Now the pins and dampers don't pop out so easily and getting rid of the "protective cover" eliminated "jello video" on the CGO3+.

View media item 728
BTW, my wife named my first TH480 "Beetlejuice". She thought that way we could call its name three times and it would appear. :D

Reactions: Crashking
Has anyone tried painting the arms or landing gear to aide in orientation? Could the camera be affected by reflections from above the gimbal i.e. the body or motor arms?

Reactions: Falco361
Has anyone tried painting the arms or landing gear to aide in orientation? Could the camera be affected by reflections from above the gimbal i.e. the body or motor arms?

If you look at my post above you’ll see that my landing gear is neon orange. It’s actually a neon orange gaffers tape.

I’ve also purchased another set of shells and they’re painted orange as well to improve visibility. I’ve not yet installed them on this H.

I did this for visibility against a background of trees rather than orientation. I’ve not noticed any effect on the camera.

I'm curious on what mods people are doing with there Typhoon H. I've seen a few good ones on here. Ty Pilot's transmitter tray is pretty slick along with his sun shade and screen capture device on top of it. Usherranch just posted his set up with an additional screen in his truck for viewing. Anyone else out there have ideas like this that adds to the enjoyment of the hobby? Links on the bottom for both of those posts.

Ty Pilot
Custom typhoon h setup

Usherranch
Curve Cable Cam Video

Good idea for a thread @Gilly - I would just mention that your links are a little criss-crossed;) The link under my avatar name is Usherranch's thread and and the link under his name is a link to my CCC Video. Here is a link to my Set up Video and here is a link to the thread on this forum for the Transmitter Tray

Good idea for a thread @Gilly - I would just mention that your links are a little criss-crossed;) The link under my avatar name is Usherranch's thread and and the link under his name is a link to my CCC Video. Here is a link to my Set up Video and here is a link to the thread on this forum for the Transmitter Tray
Sorry my man!! It's tough to get s*** straight posting on your phone. Love your stuff though, keep it coming!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Last edited:
Reactions: BeeRAD56
An accessory:

I have both the Yuneec hard case and soft case backpacks for my Typhoon H birds. The hard case serves me well but for most flights I use the soft case as it will store more goodies in the compartment on top and the two side compartments. Its available from a lot of online sources.

View media item 729

Here's one mod I've applied to both my TH480 birds. I didn't invent this mod but got the idea from more experienced pilots in this forum.

I eliminated the pins and clips replacing them with nylon cable ties along with getting rid of the "protective cover" for the dampers. Now the pins and dampers don't pop out so easily and getting rid of the "protective cover" eliminated "jello video" on the CGO3+.

View media item 728
BTW, my wife named my first TH480 "Beetlejuice". She thought that way we could call its name three times and it would appear. :D
A neater setup is to use 2 zip ties per dampner.
Get a size that the head won't easily pull through the hole(but will if pulled firmly)
Cut 1 to the correct length to just allow the bottom(cut end) to barely protrude out he bottom(or you can cut them later)
Insert from the top down
Cut just the head off the other, insert the top zip tie through the cut head and adjust length as necessary.
Gives way more security than the factory tie, still allows breakaway if necessary.
Also keeps a neat looking setup.

If you look at my post above you’ll see that my landing gear is neon orange. It’s actually a neon orange gaffers tape.

I’ve also purchased another set of shells and they’re painted orange as well to improve visibility. I’ve not yet installed them on this H.

I did this for visibility against a background of trees rather than orientation. I’ve not noticed any effect on the camera.
Looks good, I've thought about a color change as well. Flying against a tree backdrop a couple hundred feet away, it's easy to lose the drone.

A neater setup is to use 2 zip ties per dampner.
Get a size that the head won't easily pull through the hole(but will if pulled firmly)
Cut 1 to the correct length to just allow the bottom(cut end) to barely protrude out he bottom(or you can cut them later)
Insert from the top down
Cut just the head off the other, insert the top zip tie through the cut head and adjust length as necessary.
Gives way more security than the factory tie, still allows breakaway if necessary.
Also keeps a neat looking setup.

With my setup the breakaway happens at the rails the gimbal slides into. The piece with the rails is easily replaced and readily available from the shops I use.

The Lume Cubes help out tremendously and allow you that little extra security we’re all looking for. During night flying it lights up the farmers field like you wouldn’t believe. Also during day flying it allows you great orientation when out at a good distance! The regular marker lights are great for looks but these Lume Cubes are well worth the cash. The functionality of these lil things are top notch.

Accessory:

I may get mocked for this one but.... they work for me. Comfort grip knobs for the sticks. It may be due to the size of my hands and thumbs but I just find they give me more control. I tried without and then tried the thumb and index finger "pinch" approach but ended up with these.

Probably available from many sources but I got mine here.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCUYOKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like those! I'll for sure be adding those. Why would you get mocked for them haha?? Because your using thumbs and not pinchers??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold