Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H-plus Build project

Reaction score
Well, I started on my journey to build an H-plus for dirt cheap. Once I get it all put together I’m going to be afraid to even turn it on (a q500 project last year didn’t go so well). Wish me luck, at best I’ll have another H-plus for about $400 in parts and another $370 for camera...at worst I’m out $400, but it’ll be fun either way.

I’m trying to go off pictures from Internet (most of the electronics are easy to figure as it’s just plug and play for the most part, but I’m having trouble on where the receiver gets mounted, does anyone know location? Finding complete diagrams of h plus online are few and far between. Additionally, I’m not sure how the landing servos stay in play as there’s no screws to hold them in....likewise somewhat with the obs sensor, that just seems flimsy and it sits right on the two plugs battery, for now I just have that and the servos taped in there until I find out what holds them in place. I had the cover off my original plus yesterday and took pictures which helps but I didn’t completely rip it apart for fear of screwing something up.

Anyway, wish me luck, I’ll update post and hopefully someone else can get some answers they’re looking for in the future if I’m able to post up solutions. Searching for receiver placement on here, and online doesn’t give me anything. If I were to take a guess I’d say it sits underneath the battery frame, but can’t confirm. Nothing is going in the air until I confirm the questions I’m looking for. I’m either going to be a hero.....or a zero...in about a week from now..lol

IMG_2549.jpgIMG_2554.jpgIMG_2552.jpgIMG_4509.jpgIMG_4504.jpgIMG_4506.jpgIMG_2551.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 19
Well, I started on my journey to build an H-plus for dirt cheap. Once I get it all put together I’m going to be afraid to even turn it on (a q500 project last year didn’t go so well). Wish me luck, at best I’ll have another H-plus for about $400 in parts and another $370 for camera...at worst I’m out $400, but it’ll be fun either way.

I’m trying to go off pictures from Internet (most of the electronics are easy to figure as it’s just plug and play for the most part, but I’m having trouble on where the receiver gets mounted, does anyone know location? Finding complete diagrams of h plus online are few and far between. Additionally, I’m not sure how the landing servos stay in play as there’s no screws to hold them in....likewise somewhat with the obs sensor, that just seems flimsy and it sits right on the two plugs battery, for now I just have that and the servos taped in there until I find out what holds them in place. I had the cover off my original plus yesterday and took pictures which helps but I didn’t completely rip it apart for fear of screwing something up.

Anyway, wish me luck, I’ll update post and hopefully someone else can get some answers they’re looking for in the future if I’m able to post up solutions. Searching for receiver placement on here, and online doesn’t give me anything. If I were to take a guess I’d say it sits underneath the battery frame, but can’t confirm. Nothing is going in the air until I confirm the questions I’m looking for. I’m either going to be a hero.....or a zero...in about a week from now..lol

View attachment 22675View attachment 22676View attachment 22677View attachment 22678View attachment 22679View attachment 22680View attachment 22681
The build is pretty much the same as an H. As to the landing gear, it slides in and there will be a place for a hex screw on either side to hold it.

Your funny, I'm afraid to disassemble my plus, so I dont screw anything up, yet your building one from scratch so to speak ? What went wrong with the Q ? The sad part is we learn from our mistakes, and its only money. Enjoy the ride

Reactions: 7cyclops
Your funny, I'm afraid to disassemble my plus, so I dont screw anything up, yet your building one from scratch so to speak ? What went wrong with the Q ? The sad part is we learn from our mistakes, and its only money. Enjoy the ride

Murray: you don’t happen to have pictures of it do you?

Johnny: the q500 wouldn’t get off the ground. I burned out the main board when I plugged in wires the wrong, bought another board and tried, then I was getting compass warning beeps or something. However, I learned a lot from it, but the internal electronics of the Q were a lot more detailed and confusing than what I’m doing now on the H. All the parts I have now are already assembled (motor arms for example) so there’s no need to build/put it together from scratch. This seems to just be a “where does this connect into and where do I put it....I hope).

Right now I’m just missing the placement of receiver, screws for servos (didn’t think they had screws until Murray mentioned it above) and I’m not liking the seated position system area above the battery prongs. The battery prongs appear to be a tiny bit off and that’s arguably one of the most important pieces of the puzzle because if battery doesn’t lock in correctly then I’m dead in the water.

....likewise somewhat with the obs sensor, that just seems flimsy and it sits right on the two plugs battery,

View attachment 22677

It looks like you are missing the rubber mount that holds the OBS in place. @Yuneec Skins may be able to help with that. Also, "Brighter Brands" must have a million of them laying around if they don't ship it as part of either the OBS or the frame.
OBS.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 22675View attachment 22676View attachment 22677View attachment 22678View attachment 22679View attachment 22680View attachment 22681
Good luck with this project. It looks scary like the exoskeleton of some killer insect/robot off a SciFi movie. Be careful, my man:)

Reactions: Done-guy
Murray: you don’t happen to have pictures of it do you?

Johnny: the q500 wouldn’t get off the ground. I burned out the main board when I plugged in wires the wrong, bought another board and tried, then I was getting compass warning beeps or something. However, I learned a lot from it, but the internal electronics of the Q were a lot more detailed and confusing than what I’m doing now on the H. All the parts I have now are already assembled (motor arms for example) so there’s no need to build/put it together from scratch. This seems to just be a “where does this connect into and where do I put it....I hope).

Right now I’m just missing the placement of receiver, screws for servos (didn’t think they had screws until Murray mentioned it above) and I’m not liking the seated position system area above the battery prongs. The battery prongs appear to be a tiny bit off and that’s arguably one of the most important pieces of the puzzle because if battery doesn’t lock in correctly then I’m dead in the water.
Heading out to physio and will send you some when I get back.

It looks like you are missing the rubber mount that holds the OBS in place. @Yuneec Skins may be able to help with that. Also, "Brighter Brands" must have a million of them laying around if they don't ship it as part of either the OBS or the frame.
View attachment 22684

No, I have the rubber mounts the actual board kind of sits inside them. It’s two little pieces that stick out that kind of sit/fit in the battery frame

The RF module is at the bottom of this pic:

View attachment 22692

Oh man, never even saw that video...and I’ve watched a lot of them, thss as bud so much! And I have that picture saved to my iPad as that’s what I’m using to ensure my esc’s are plugged in correctly

Nice, glad you dug this up.

Wife going away Friday and Saturday so I’ll have some premium drone time, hoping to have it in the air by Sunday. Gotta make sure I have everything where it belongs then start tightening connections up. It’s a tight fit in that frame I’ll tell ya that. I have ham hands and it’s difficult. Think I also have a couple motor arm wires not placed correctly as they’re outside the frame and not looping up into frame but not sure that’ll matter much.

Again, can anyone confirm the steps I’d have to take once I get it all together, computer/software-wise? Just do a compass calibration and I’m good to go? Again, this all seems way too easy for such an expensive drone, I must be missing something or everyone would do this no?

I’ll post some video on its first flight, you all can sit beside me in the passenger seat as it smashes into my house in a million pieces. Lol. Will probably take to a big field with my tool kit though, not putting camera on flying until I put it through it’s paces and ensure steady flight.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Oh man, never even saw that video...and I’ve watched a lot of them, thss as bud so much! And I have that picture saved to my iPad as that’s what I’m using to ensure my esc’s are plugged in correctly

Nice, glad you dug this up.

Wife going away Friday and Saturday so I’ll have some premium drone time, hoping to have it in the air by Sunday. Gotta make sure I have everything where it belongs then start tightening connections up. It’s a tight fit in that frame I’ll tell ya that. I have ham hands and it’s difficult. Think I also have a couple motor arm wires not placed correctly as they’re outside the frame and not looping up into frame but not sure that’ll matter much.

Again, can anyone confirm the steps I’d have to take once I get it all together, computer/software-wise? Just do a compass calibration and I’m good to go? Again, this all seems way too easy for such an expensive drone, I must be missing something or everyone would do this no?

I’ll post some video on its first flight, you all can sit beside me in the passenger seat as it smashes into my house in a million pieces. Lol. Will probably take to a big field with my tool kit though, not putting camera on flying until I put it through it’s paces and ensure steady flight.
You should route the wires the way there shown I'll look for the picture I used, also take notice to the tape, some use liquid electrical tape on all the motor cables ? Also from your pics if I seen correctly make sure their plugged in all the way.

You should route the wires the way there shown I'll look for the picture I used, also take notice to the tape, some use liquid electrical tape on all the motor cables ? Also from your pics if I seen correctly make sure their plugged in all the way.
Oh I looked again looks as thou your motor leads are exposed (not good), Also what controller are you going to use, a new st16s, or the one you have for your other H+ ?

I have the same pic that steve posted, and follow the video in reverse, as far as the wire routing, and yes it is as easy as it looks ?

Oh I looked again looks as thou your motor leads are exposed (not good), Also what controller are you going to use, a new st16s, or the one you have for your other H+ ?

Haven’t plugged all the leads in all the way yet in case I have to take board off to get to something, I know from experience they’re a pita to pull apart.

Using an existing st16s

Haven’t plugged all the leads in all the way yet in case I have to take board off to get to something, I know from experience they’re a pita to pull apart.

Using an existing st16s
Yes they are, I found the hardest part bein the wire sockets, I posted a trick I found for them use an alligator clip to remove, and replace them I broke a nail on one of them tryin to unplug it ( I know ha ha ) .

View attachment 22684

WTFD project, do you see an issue with placement of my receiver nodes, or whatever they’re called? I’ve taped them to side but don’t know if those have to sit loose? If they have to sit loose I have no idea where?

I would imagine that only the ends matter and I have those going through the plastic anntena holders on landing gear

IMG_2567.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_2570.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval