Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

NewPhoto taken from my H+ of my H520. No distortion correction done but a very small amount of grading, taken in 'original mode' which is the same as H520 unprocessed. Looking really good I have to say.

@Peggy did the image above have any sharpening in post? Have you had a chance to see if the "get_sharpness" command works with the plus, and what the default setting is?

Last edited:
Hopefully manufacturers are paying as much attention to the glass in front as to the sensor behind... I was still able to get noticably more detail resolved from a 35mm Nikon than I was ever able to get out of a Mamiya 645 medium format, even with some additional grain from the format difference. Nikkor lenses were the difference.

Last edited:
So true. MY LX 10 has roughly the same sensor as the Plus but the image rivals a G4. For sure the lens is now the weak link in the Plus's image.

So it took about four hours to fully charge the ST-16S, the two flight batteries took 95 and 82 minutes minutes respectively with the stock charger. With @Steve Carr and now; this other guy in California, having lemon cameras, I was anxious about booting up and seeing everything work. It did, I turned the controller on first and let it get all the way booted, then the aircraft and it was quite quick to connect.

Wife's hungry so steaks and watermelon first then this evening I will re-read the manual and the appendix from @ogrench then this evening get any updates and do calibrations. If weather holds should be at the field in the morning.

Last edited:
@Peggy did the image above have any sharpening in post? Have you had a chance to see if the "get_sharpness" command works with the plus, and what the default setting is?
I tried the get sharpness command on the e90 and it did not work. I would think as the e90 and c23 are basically the same camera it would not work on that either.

No, no sharpening just a tiny amount of colour grading
Setting was ‘original’

So true. MY LX 10 has roughly the same sensor as the Plus but the image rivals a G4. For sure the lens is now the weak link in the Plus's image.

So it took about four hours to fully charge the ST-16S, the two flight batteries took 95 and 82 minutes minutes respectively with the stock charger. With @Steve Carr and now; this other guy in California, having lemon cameras, I was anxious about booting up and seeing everything work. It did, I turned the controller on first and let it get all the way booted, then the aircraft and it was quite quick to connect.

Wife's hungry so steaks and watermelon first then this evening I will re-read the manual and the appendix from @ogrench then this evening get any updates and do calibrations. If weather holds should be at the field in the morning.

Be sure to download ogrench's latest manual - he uploaded a new version this afternoon.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Thanks @Barton I do have his latest. One question, I seem to be having trouble logging onto my home wifi. I can see it, and enter the password but I get no confirmation that I am connected or rejected and no screen showing an update. Is it possible I have the latest - therefore does anyone have a screen shot of their latest firmware?

@Ty Pilot: I think there is a very high probability that you have the latest code, which turns out to be shown on page 41 of ogrench's latest manual update. The code is 1.0.08-20180507. I did the download and after the download was done, and I re-bound the drone/camera to the ST16S, and I went back to the 'check for updates', it said no update was required. Since the code is two months old now, I suspect all recently shipped units would have the latest code...

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I am going to BestBuy today to get a replacement screen protector for my Galaxy Note 8. This could be trouble. Almost a year ago I went there to buy a phone
and walked out with the Typhoon H Pro. I read a review I will post below that says that Team Mode and The Wizard are no longer functional. Is this confirmed?
Although I have not used my Wizard yet I was wondering if it could be put in an RC plane safely. I am not interested in the RealSense though so if I buy today
I will not really be getting the great deal I got last year.
Review:
"For a professional aerial camera platform at this price point, it might not get much better than the H Plus. The C23 camera is every bit of what they claim.
Noteworthy I do not like the SD card location on the bottom of the camera. It flies steady and the speed adjustment on the controller is nice as you can
dial it up to get on location and dial it down for precision movements. I did notice some altitude loss during hover below 15-ft. If you are coming from a
quad-copter, you will notice that the H Plus is NOT as nimble. The H Plus has dropped Team Mode and Wizard support which is a huge disappointment
as I was not aware of this. If you are wanting to track a subject autonomously (such as an automobile or your children at play) the subject will need to
be in possession of the controller--HUGE downside. The lack of a GPS based mini map results in planned flight paths requiring a "dry run" flight to record
way points. DJI products allow you to plot it on a GPS map. In summary, if you are looking for a pro-grade drone for professional photo/cinema work
where the camera and airframe are the most important, the H Plus is a solid choice. On the other hand if you want more of a recreational drone, the H Plus
lacks many of the advanced autonomous features available in other products. I will likely return this and grab the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Being the owner of a
DJI Phantom 4, I have realized that the feature set of the DJI products are a better fit for my needs and wants."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to BestBuy today to get a replacement screen protector for my Galaxy Note 8. This could be trouble. Almost a year ago I went there to buy a phone
and walked out with the Typhoon H Pro. I read a review I will post below that says that Team Mode and The Wizard are no longer functional. Is this confirmed?
Although I have not used my Wizard yet I was wondering if it could be put in an RC plane safely. I am not interested in the RealSense though so if I buy today
I will not really be getting the great deal I got last year.
Review:
"For a professional aerial camera platform at this price point, it might not get much better than the H Plus. The C23 camera is every bit of what they claim.
Noteworthy I do not like the SD card location on the bottom of the camera. It flies steady and the speed adjustment on the controller is nice as you can
dial it up to get on location and dial it down for precision movements. I did notice some altitude loss during hover below 15-ft. If you are coming from a
quad-copter, you will notice that the H Plus is NOT as nimble. The H Plus has dropped Team Mode and Wizard support which is a huge disappointment
as I was not aware of this. If you are wanting to track a subject autonomously (such as an automobile or your children at play) the subject will need to
be in possession of the controller--HUGE downside. The lack of a GPS based mini map results in planned flight paths requiring a "dry run" flight to record
way points. DJI products allow you to plot it on a GPS map. In summary, if you are looking for a pro-grade drone for professional photo/cinema work
where the camera and airframe are the most important, the H Plus is a solid choice. On the other hand if you want more of a recreational drone, the H Plus
lacks many of the advanced autonomous features available in other products. I will likely return this and grab the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Being the owner of a
DJI Phantom 4, I have realized that the feature set of the DJI products are a better fit for my needs and wants."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete, if your Best Buy has MP2 inventory, I'd be impressed... no sign of it in my area; you may be safe for a screen protector trip... but the new Sony A7RIII is in stock... nice one to add to bag! :) I agree with you on most all your points, and the H Plus / Camera is a great package suitable for serious amateur to Pro needs. The interactive or full autonomous features are great attractions and neat features for amateurs, especially the various selfie or orbit features. But the ability to apply autonomous programing goes well beyond amateur entertainment into the Professional arena. To autonomously perform land grids for 3D, construction, Ag, realty and autonomously for other tasks used in cinema, etc are all operations used by Professionals. I haven't seen a Mavic Pro2 yet... even in my town's full service hobby store: Best Buy (LOL!). It does appear to be a nice package with a excellent rated camera and many features; enjoy your flying which ever direction you select... I think you'll see the MP2 used in pro work too.

I read a review I will post below that says that Team Mode and The Wizard are no longer functional. Is this confirmed?

It is confirmed that the Plus will not work with the wizard as the FC of the Plus is a completely different system to the 480. However one of our EU members has seen an upcoming update lists 'Team Mode' as one of the things that the update addresses/fixes so; it looks like team mode should be back sooner or later as will some of the tasks that currently are not 100% like CCC.

Reactions: Rubik
I am looking forward to getting one of these as soon as they are available. I usually avoid being an early adopter but in this case I feel the kinks have been ironed out so far. Even so I am willing to be a Guinea Pig.

Wow, 4 years to the day next Sunday. I hope my new Typhoon Plus ships by then. A lot can happen in 4 years, I am glad to see it is still going strong. Apparently, this site has just appeared recently, I had no idea that it had previously disappeared having not been following. Today I had an impulse to buy, strange coincidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuneec Skins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt